How to Recover Data, Photos, Contacts after Factory Reset Android
“I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing and ACCIDENTALLY performs a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy S8. My question now is, is there any way to recover my data and contacts back? I don’t have a recent backup. Any help would be appreciated.”
There are quite a lot of users asking how to recover data like photos, contacts after factory reset Android. To solve it, first let’s understand what a factory reset does. Android Factory Reset is a feature that erases all devices settings, user data, third-party apps and associated application data to return the device to the condition it was when left the factory. You might need to factory reset your Android phone to fix complicated issues as follows:
- You phone is running slowly and you’ve already tried many solutions.
- Your Apps are crashing or taking longer to load than usual.
- Your Android phone suddenly frozen or stopped responding.
- You are selling, exchanging or just giving your Android phone away.
Have you performed a factory reset but end up with losing your important files? Don’t upset. Here in this guide, we will show you simple & quick ways to recover data after factory reset Android devices.
People also read: How to Access & Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
Way 1. Restore Android Data after Factory Reset from Google
Assuming that you have already setup Google account on your Android, then it takes no effort to restore data that you’ve synced to Google back to your Android device. You can read Google official post to learn more details.
Way 2. Recover Files after Factory Reset Android without Backup
If the above method don’t solve your problem, then you might look into third-party recovery tools. Fucosoft Android Data Recovery does a good job for data recovery after factory reset. It can help you recover deleted Android photos and videos, contacts, SMS, WhatsApp, etc. and works well for almost all Android phones, like Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 9, HTC U12+, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Google Pixel 3 XL, LG G7, OnePlus 6T, Sony, Moto, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc.
Steps to Recover Lost Data from Android after Factory Reset:
- Connect your Android phone to PC via USB cable and run Android Data Recovery.
- Click on “Android Data Recovery” in the dashboard and wait for the program to identify your device.
- Choose the files you want and click “Next” to begin scanning deleted files on the Android phone.
- Preview the lost files and select the ones you need, then click “Recover” to save them to computer.
Note: Please stop using your Android phone before recovery, as new files and data added to your device might overwrite the deleted files and make them unrecoverable.
The Bottom Line
When you perform factory reset on your Android phone, data stored in its internal storage will be erased completely. Although there are ways to restore contacts, photos and other data from Android after factory reset, you’d better think twice before doing that. To keep your data safe, it is strongly recommend you to make a full backup of your Android in advance.
YouTube Video on How to Recover Lost Data after Factory Reset Android:
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Fix SD Card Not Showing Up or Detected in Windows 10/8/7
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)/XR
- 2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer/Backup Text Messages from iPhone to Computer (PC & Mac)
- How to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- Pen Drive Recovery: Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive
- Top 5 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Unlock?
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It