How to Recover Lost Contacts, Photos after iOS 11 Update
Following Apple’s unveiling of the new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, the new iOS 11 is released on September 19, which introduced major design changes and new app features. Most iPhone users are excited to update to the new iOS version and enjoy a lot from it, however, some have experienced data loss throughout the update process. For example, contacts disappeared, deleted text messages, missing photos and more.
“I lost my data including contacts and photos from my iPhone 7 Plus after updating to iOS 11. I have an iTunes backup, but I can’t find the lost data I wanted from it. Whether I can get back my lost data from my iPhone? Anyone who can help, please?”
Have you run into the same situation? If you have lost contacts, photos, notes after iOS 11 update, don’t worry, here is your right place. In this article, we will guide you how to recover lost iPhone data after iOS 11 update with or without backup.
Part 1. Recover Data after iOS 11 Update without Any Backup
It is always suggested to make a backup of your iPhone/iPad before updating to iOS 11. Nevertheless, if unfortunately you haven’t taken a backup and eager to get lost data back, you can try Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery. This tool can directly scan your iPhone to recover lost photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, notes, and more after iOS update.
Follow steps below to recover iPhone data after iOS 11 update:
- Step 1. Install and run Fucosoft iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Choose the “Recover from iOS Device” option.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer via USB cable. Then select the files that you wish to recover and click on “Start Scan” to begin the scanning process.
- Step 3. After the scan, you can preview the lost contacts, photos, notes, etc. in details. Then mark the items you need and click “Recover” to save them on computer.
Part 2. Restore Data after iOS 11 Update from iPhone Backup
If you end up losing your important data like contacts, photos, notes while updating to the new iOS 11, and luckily taken a backup of your iPhone data with iTunes or iCloud before, then you can easily recover lost data after iOS update by restoring your iPhone from the backup.
Option 1. Restore iPhone from iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
- Go to Device > Summary > Backups > Restore Backups.
- Choose the most recent backup file and the target device, then press “Restore”.
Option 2. Restore iPhone from iCloud:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and then select the iCloud backup to restore your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
Though it is easy and free to restore your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud backup, neither iTunes nor iCloud permits preview and selectively recovery, and the current contents and settings on your iPhone will be replaced by data in the backup. Thus, the better option to complete the data recovery is by using a third-party tool like Fucosoft iPhone Recovery. Have a try on this powerful tool to get back lost data on your iPhone/iPad. It is fully compatible with all iDevices, the newest iPhone X/8/8 Plus are included.
YouTube Video on How to Recover Lost Data after iOS 11 Update:
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- WAV to MP3: 5 Easy Ways to Convert WAV to MP3
- Twitter Video Downloader: Download Twitter Videos & GIF
- Top 5 Best 4K Video Downloader for YouTube
- 5 Best Free Online YouTube Video Downloader 2018
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It
- How to Find URL Link of Video in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- How to Direct Message on Instagram on Computer
- Instagram Direct Messages: Recover Deleted Instagram DM on iPhone/Android
- Video to MP3 Converter: How to Convert Video to MP3 Format