How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)/XR
WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging app in the world. You can start video calls and send encrypted text messages, videos, photos, and audio messages with no limits or fees. But if you get a new iPhone XS and transfer your WhatsApp account to it, your old conversations and chats don’t automatically come with you. Don’t worry. This article is here to show you great options to transfer WhatsApp messages from old iPhone to a new iPhone, including the latest iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR.
People also read: How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
Way 1. Using WhatsApp iCloud Backup Feature
Though WhatsApp doesn’t store chat histories on its servers, it include iCloud backup feature to allow users back up and restore chat history. You can utilize this feature to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone with ease.
- On your old iPhone X/8/7/6s, go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and tap “Back Up Now” to make a manual backup of chats to your iCloud account.
- On your new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, install WhatsApp and login with the same phone number. After verified, you can follow the on-screen prompts to restore chat history.
Note: Please make sure that you should have iCloud backup function enabled on both your iPhones (iPhone Settings > iCloud > turn iCloud Drive and WhatsApp ON). And there must be enough free space in your iCloud account and your iPhone devices.
Way 2. Using Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore
If you are switching your old iPhone to a new iPhone, you can use Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore tool to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone. With it, all your old WhatsApp chats data will be merged perfectly on new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR. (Compatible with the latest iOS 12.)
- Download, install and run Fucosoft iPhone WhatsApp Transfer on your computer, then select “More Tools > iOS Data Backup & Restore” option from the tool list.
- Connect your old iPhone X/8/7/6s to the computer and select “iOS Data Backup”, then click “Standard Backup > Start” and choose “WhatsApp & Attachments” that you want to backup.
- Click “Next” to start the backup. Once the backup is complete, disconnect the old iPhone and connect your new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR to the computer and select “iOS Data Restore”.
- Select the backup that you want from the list and click “View Now”. Then check the WhatsApp data and click “Restore to Device” to transfer WhatsApp chats to your new iPhone.
Way 3. Using Apple’s iTunes or iCloud Backup Service
If you don’t want to install third-party tool, you can try Apple’s iTunes or iCloud backup service to transfer WhatsApp messages to a new iPhone. But you should know that both iTunes and iCloud will wipe out all current data on your target iPhone. If it’s okay to you, you can follow this Apple Support page to backup your old iPhone WhatsApp with iTunes/iCloud and then restore them to your new iPhone.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Unlock?
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It
- How to Fix iPhone/iPad Keyboard Not Working Problem
- How to Backup and Restore LINE Chat History on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- 4 Ways to Fix an iPad or iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- How to Backup & Restore Viber Messages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop on iOS 12/11
- How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iPhone/Android
- iPhone Contacts Missing Names? Here’s the Fix