How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8/7 Plus
WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging app in the world. You can start video calls and send encrypted text messages, videos, photos, and audio messages with no limits or fees. But if you get a new iPhone X and transfer your WhatsApp account to it, your old conversations and chats don’t automatically come with you. Don’t worry. This article is here to show you great options to transfer WhatsApp messages from old iPhone to a new iPhone, including the latest iPhone 8/8 Plus and iPhone X.
Way 1. Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone Using WhatsApp iCloud Backup Feature
Though WhatsApp doesn’t store chat histories on their services, it include iCloud backup feature to allow users back up and restore chat history. You can utilize this feature to transfer WhatsApp chat history between iPhones with ease.
- On your old iPhone, go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and tap “Back Up Now” to make a manual backup of chats to your iCloud account.
- On your new iPhone, install WhatsApp and login with the same phone number. After verified, you can follow the on-screen prompts to restore chat history.
Note: Please make sure that you have iCloud backup function enabled on both your iPhones (iPhone Settings > iCloud > turn iCloud Drive and WhatsApp ON). And there must be enough free space in your iCloud account and your iPhone devices.
Way 2. Transfer WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone to iPhone Using 1-Click iOS WhatsApp Transfer
If you are switching your old iPhone to a new iPhone, you can use Fucosoft iOS WhatsApp Transfer to directly transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone. With it, all your old WhatsApp chats data will be merged perfectly on new iPhone X/8/8 Plus.
- Download, install and run Fucosoft iPhone WhatsApp Transfer on your computer, then select “WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore” option from the tool list.
- Choose “Transfer WhatsApp messages” and connect both iPhone devices to PC via USB cable. You can click “Flip” to set the source and target phone.
- Click on “Transfer” and then “Yes” to begin the transfer process. When the transfer completed, you can disconnect your iPhone and view the WhatsApp chats on your new iPhone.
Way 3. Transfer WhatsApp Messages to New iPhone Using Apple’s iTunes or iCloud Backup Service
If you don’t want to install third-party tool, you can try Apple’s iTunes or iCloud backup service to transfer WhatsApp messages to a new iPhone. But you should know that both iTunes and iCloud will wipe out all current data on your target iPhone. If it’s okay to you, you can follow this Apple Support page to backup your old iPhone WhatsApp with iTunes/iCloud and then restore them to your new iPhone.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- How to Disable Find My iPhone on iPhone X/8/7/6s (Plus)
- iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Unlock?
- Transfer/Backup Text Messages from iPhone to Computer (PC & Mac)
- Top 5 Best Offline Music Apps for iPhone
- HEIC to JPG|How to Convert iOS 11 Photos from HEIC to JPG
- How to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- [Fixed] Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- iMessage on PC|How to Get/Use iMessage on Windows PC
- iMessage Not Working on Mac, iPhone or iPad? Here’s the Fix