Snapchat now is one of the most popular social networking apps for both Android and iOS users. There are a lot of people, especially teenagers and young adults, love its self-destruct feature. The only way you can save Snapchat photos is taking a screenshot or using third-party app. But what if you want to view old/expired Snapchats before you had the chance to save them?
In a previous post, we’ve discussed how to recover Snapchat photos on iPhone. If you’re using Snapchat on Android, just follow this article and find effective methods to recover/save Snapchat photos and videos on Android devices.
People also read: Photo Vault Recovery: Recover Deleted Photos from Vault App in Android
Method 1. Recover Deleted Photos from Snapchat Cache on Android
Even though Snapchat claims that all pictures/videos are deleted upon being viewed by recipient. Actually, the old/expired Snapchat photos or videos are still kept in a cache folder on your Android phone. All received files end in .nomedia, an extension that makes them “invisible”. You can navigate to the cache file folder and find all your received Snapchat photos/videos there: com.snapchat.android > cache > receive_image_snaps.
Method 2. Best Snapchat Saver for Android – Fucosoft Android Recovery
If you’ve recently emptied the cache of your temporary files, or unable to find old snaps in the cache folder, a piece of Snapchat recovery tool may help. Fucosoft Android Data Recovery software is able to recover deleted Snapchat photos and videos on Android devices, including Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/Note 10 Plus, OnePlus 7T/8/8 Pro, Moto G, Google Pixel 3A/4/4 XL, LG V60 ThinQ, Huawei P40/Mate 30, HTC, Sony, ZTE, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc. Also, this program supports to recover deleted Android photos and videos, contacts, call logs, text messages, WhatsApp, Viber and more data.
Steps to retrieve old/expired Snapchat photos, videos on Android:
Step 1: Install the Android Snapchat Recovery on your computer and run it. Choose “Recover Lost Data” and then connect your Android phone to PC via USB cable.
Step 2: Once your Android phone is detected by the program, click “Start” to begin analyzing and scanning your device.
Step 3: After that, you can preview all recoverable files one by one, then check the items that you want and click “Recover” to save Snapchat photos/videos to computer.
Tips to Save Your Own Snapchat Stories
Though Snapchat doesn’t give users permission to save others’ snaps and stories, it lets you to easily save your own Snapchat stores. If you love your story so much that you just can’t let it disappear, you can follow the simple steps given below to save it to your Memories and Camera Roll:
- Open Snapchat in your Android phone and select the “Stories” icon to enter to your Stories screen.
- Tap on the download icon to the right of “My Store” to save your entire story. If you only want to save one Snap, tap the three vertical dots icon and choose the snap you want, then tap on the download button in the bottom-right corner to save it.
YouTube Video on How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos and Videos on Android:
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2020 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7