“So when I start the game I get the location 12 error. I tried disabling mock locations but if I turn if off the GPS joystick doesn’t work. It needs mock locations enabled. Any way to fix this issue?”
Pokèmon Go is a very popular AR game for both iOS and Android, which uses the device’s GPS and provides gamer a virtual environment. It has attracted many players due to its fantastic graphics and animations. However, since its release, players still faced numerous glitches in the game and failed to detect location is the most common one.
Have you ever encountered failed to detect location or GPS not found error in Pokèmon Go? Not to worry. In this article, we will discuss the main reasons for Pokèmon Go failed to detect location and several methods you can try to resolve the problem.
Part 1. Why Pokèmon Go Failed to Detect Location
Many possible reasons could initiate this location error, and the most common reasons why you are experiencing this error are listed below:
- Error 12 might prompt in the game if Mock Location is enabled on your device.
- You might experience error 12 if the Find My device option is enabled on your phone.
- If you’re in a remote area where your phone is unable to receive GPS signals, Error 12 might arise.
Part 2. Solutions for Pokèmon Go Failed to Detect Location
Below are the soutions you can troubleshoot the failed to detect location error in Pokèmon Go and enjoy the game.
1. Turn On Location Services
Many people tend to keep their device’s location off for battery saving and security purpose, which can arise the error 12 in Pokèmon Go. To fix it, follow the steps below to check and ensure the location services are enabled on your phone:
- Go to Settings and tap on the “Location” option. If it is turned off, turn it “ON”.
- Then open Location Settings, tap on the “Mode” option and set to “High Accuracy”.
Now try to play Pokèmon Go and see if the failed to detect location issue has been fixed or not.
2. Disable Mock Locations
When the Mock Locations is enabled in your Android device, you may encounter Pokèmon GO failed to detect location error. You can follow the steps below to find and disable Mock Locations feature on your Android phone:
- Navigate to Settings on your phone and scroll down until you find the “About Phone” option, then tap on it.
- Locate and tap on the Build Number seven times until a message appears saying “You are now a developer”.
- Once Developer options is enabled, go back to the Settings and select “Developer Options” to enable it.
- Go to the Debugging section and tap on “Allow mock locations”. Turn it off and then restart your device.
Now, again launch Pokèmon Go and see if the failed to detect location error persists.
3. Reboot Your Phone and Enable GPS
Performing a reboot is the most basic yet efficient technique to solve various tiny errors on your device, including Pokèmon Go failed to detect location. When a device restarts, it clears all background apps which might be malfunctioning and causing errors. Follow the these steps to restart your device:
- Press the Power button of your device and wait for a couple of seconds.
- In the popup options, choose the option “Reboot” or “Restart”.
The phone would shut down and reboot itself within seconds, then turn on the GPS and play the game to check if the error has been solved.
4. Log Out Pokèmon Go and Log Back In
If you’re still struggling with the failed to detect location 12 error, you can try to log out of your Pokèmon Go account and log back in again. In this way, you can re-enter your credentials which might be the cause of the error. To do that, follow the directions below:
- First, run Pokèmon Go on your phone. Find the Pokèball icon on the screen and click on it.
- Next, tap on “Setting” on the top right corner of the screen. Scroll down to locate the “Sign Out” option and tap on it.
- After logging out successfully, enter your credentials again to log in the game, then check if it work or not.
5. Clear Cache and Data of Pokèmon Go
If the error still persists, you must be very annoyed by now and think about quitting the game. But don’t lose hope, you can try to clear caches and data of Pokèmon Go to refresh the app and then fix the error 12. This method mainly works for people who have used the Pokèmon Go app for a long time.
- On your device, go to Settings > Apps > Manage Apps and tap on it.
- You will see a list of the apps that are installed on your device, find Pokèmon Go and open it.
- Now tap on the options “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” to reset the data on the Pokèmon Go app.
Bonus Tip: How to Play Pokèmon Go without Regions Limitation
If you have tried all the methods above but still did not work, don’t worry, there is a another solution to fix this problem. You can use Fucosoft Location Changer to change GPS location on your iOS or Android device to anywhere and play Pokèmon Go without regions limitation. Here is what you need to do:
Step 1: Download Fucosoft Location Changer on your computer, install and launch it. Click on “Get Started” and connect your phone to the computer.
Step 2: You will see a map on the screen. Just click on the third icon at the upper-right corner to choose the Teleport Mode.
Step 3: Enter the address you want teleport to in the search box and click “Move”, your location will be changed for all location-based apps on your phone.
Hope that the solutions mentioned in this article would prove to be helpful for you to fix the failed to detect location error in Pokèmon Go. Also, you can learn a trick way to play Pokèmon Go without regions limitation. Thanks for reading.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7