The Pokémon Go concept is what makes the game as enjoyable as it is. With every turn, there is a new feature to be unlocked and a new fun escapade to participate in.
Above all, Pokémon Go is a game that you play as part of a community of friends and one of the things that ties players together in the game is the idea of Pokémon Go Friend Codes.
If you don’t know what Friend Codes are in Pokémon Go, keep reading to find out exactly what they are and how you can use them to make Pokémon Go even more enjoyable.
What Are Pokémon Go Friend Codes?
Pokémon Go is a community-based game. This means that you are meant to play the game as a part of a group, preferably friends. Therefore, if you find that you are unable to progress in the game, it could be because you don’t have a lot of friends in the game.
Pokémon Go Friend Codes are meant to help overcome this issue. These codes can be shared and used globally to add people from all over the world as friends.
Why Should I Make Friends in Pokémon Go?
There are a lot of reasons why you would want to use these friend codes to make friends in Pokémon Go, including the following;
Gain Experience Points
You need to gain experience or XP points in the game in order to progress. You can get XP points playing alone, but the amount is small when compared to the points you would get if you were playing with friends.
When you use Pokémon Go Friend Codes to make friends, your friendship level increases, so does the number of experience points that you can get. Here’s a breakdown of experience points that you can get on each level of friendship;
- Good Friends – 3000 XP Points
- Great Friends- 10,000 XP Points
- Ultra-Friends- 50,000 XP Points
- Best Friends- 100,000 XP Points
Your Pokémon Go friends can also give you buddy presents. The list of items that can constitute a buddy present is huge. Some of them include the following;
- Different types of balls including Poké Balls, Great Balls and Ultra Balls
- Potions, Super and Hyper Potions
- Revies and Max Revies
- Pinap Berries
- Some types of eggs
- Evolution items
Once you use the Friend Codes to add a friend, you can send each other these gifts.
Friends that you add using Pokémon Go Friend Codes can help you catch a Raid Boss. This is often difficult when playing alone, but much easier with friends. The following are some of the raid bonuses you can get when using Pokémon Go Friend Codes;
- Good Friends- 3% attack bonus
- Great Friends – 5% attack bonus and a Premier Ball
- Ultra-Friends – 7% attack bonus and 2 Premier Balls
- Best Friends – 10% attack bonus and 4 Premier Balls
While you can take part in player vs. player battles without needing to be friends, batting with friends has a lot of benefits. The following are some of the rewards that you can expect;
- Sinnoh Stones
- Rare Candies
- Fast and charged TMs
Using Pokémon Go Friend Codes to add friends comes with a lot of trading benefits. This is because trading is one of the things in Pokémon Go that you can only do with friends. The following are the trading benefits at each friend level;
- Great Friends Level – 20% stardust discount on all trades
- Ultra-Friends Level – 92% stardust discount on all trades
- Best Friends Level – 96% stardust discount on all trades and the rare chance to get the lucky Pokémon
There are some special tasks that need to be completed when making friends. These tasks may not be essential to the game, but they can significantly increase your chances of getting a particular Pokémon.
How to Add Friends in Pokémon Go?
Once you have Pokémon Go friend codes, you can use them to add friend using these steps;
- Open Pokémon Go and tap on the avatar at the bottom panel.
- This will open your account settings. Tap on the “Friends” section.
- You should see the friends that you already have. To add new friends, tap on “Add Friend.”
- Enter the unique Friend Code that you would send them an add request. You can also see you Pokémon Go trainer code here and share it with others.
Where to Find Pokémon Go Friend Codes?
There are lots of ways to find Pokémon GO Friend Codes. The following are some of the best places to find these Friend Codes;
Find Friend Codes on Discord
Discord is one of the best places to find Pokémon Go Friend Codes, particularly because there are a lot of Discord servers dedicated to exchanging Pokémon Go friend codes.
They also have servers that are dedicated to other game-related features. The following are the most popular Discord servers to join if you are looking for Pokémon Go friendship codes;
- Virtual location
- PokeGo Party
- PoGoFighters Z
- PoGoFighters Z
- Pokémon Go International Community
- PoGo Alert Network
- PoGo Raids
- Pokemon Go Global Community
- PoGoFighters Z
- PoGo King
- Pokemon Global Family
Find Friend Codes on Reddit
If you find the Discord groups above closed, you should try Reddit Subs that are often open. Some Pokémon-Based Reddit subs are so huge; they have millions of members.
And finding Friends on these Reddit subs is easy; just join these groups and find a thread to exchange friend codes. Some of these subs include the following;
- The Silph Road
- Pokemon Go Snap
- Pokemon Go Singapore
- Pokemon Go NYC
- Pokemon Go London
- Pokemon Go Toronto
- Pokemon Go Mystic
- Pokemon Go Valor
- Pokemon Go Instinct
Other Places to Find Pokémon Go Friend Codes
If Discord and Reddit are not viable options for you, the following are some of the other options you have when looking for Pokémon Go Friend Codes;
- Facebook – There are tons of Facebook Groups dedicated to Pokémon Go. Just search for one or more of these groups, join and then look for threads to exchange Pokémon Go friend codes.
- Poké Friends – Poké Friends is an app that lists thousands of Pokémon Go Friend Codes. You can install the app on your device, register for free and enter your Pokémon Go trainer code. Then, simply search for thousands of other Pokémon Go friend codes. The app also has numerous filters to help you find friends in a particular area or a certain team that you would like to play with.
- PoGo Trainer Club – This is an online directory to add friends in Pokémon Go. You just enter the name of the person and you will see more information about the trainer and their Pokémon before adding them.
- Pokémon Go Friend Code – This is another online directory that has thousands of trainer codes. When you visit the website for the first time, you will be required to submit your PoGo friend code so other players can find you. And, you can also look for other players and filter the results by team and location.
Pokémon Go Friend Codes Limits
There are limits to the number of presents and bonuses that you can get from using Pokémon Go Friend Codes. These limits include the following;
- The maximum number of friends that you can have is capped at 200
- You can only hold up to 10 presents a day
- You can send out 20 presents a day
- You can collect 20 presents a day
These limits can however be temporarily raised sometimes during events.
Bonus: How to Level Up Fast by Catching More Pokémon
Another way to progress very quickly when playing Pokémon Go is to catch more Pokémon. But that often requires a lot of walking, which most of us don’t have time for. There is however a way that you can catch Pokémon without needing to walk, by spoofing your location.
The best way to spoof the location on your iOS or Android device is to use Fucosoft Location Changer. With this tool, you can simulate GPS movement and easily catch Pokémon without moving.
Here are some of its main features;
- Easily change the GPS location on the device to anywhere in the world.
- Plan a route on a map and move along the route at a customized speed.
- It works very well with location-based games like Pokémon Go.
- It is fully compatible with all iOS and Android devices.
Follow these simple steps to change your phone’s GPS location to anywhere in the world;
Step 1: Install Fucosoft Location Changer on to your device. Open the program and then click on “Get Started” to begin the process. Then, connect the iOS device to the computer and when prompted, tap “Trust” to allow the program to detect the device.
Step 2: You will see a map on the screen. To change the location on your device, click on “Teleport Mode” in the upper right corner of the screen and select a destination on the map. You can also just enter the address or GPS Coordinates in the search box on the upper left corner.
Step 3: A side bar with additional information about the selected area will appear. Click “Move” and the location on the device will change to this new location immediately.
If you want to go back to the actual location, just restart your iPhone.
Pokémon Go Friend Codes can increase the level of enjoyment that you get with the game. With the numerous rewards that you can get just by adding friends, these Friend Codes also give you the unique possibility to progress in the game much faster. Now you know how to get these Friend Codes and how to utilize them to get the most results.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7