Have you ever lost data on your Windows 10 computer? If you accidentally deleted some important files and they are no longer in your recycle bin, don’t worry, this is not the end. There are still ways to get your files back. Data recovery solutions are widely available on the web and you can search one to help you recover any type of deleted data. But how many of them are as effective as they claim to be?
In this article, we are going to explain what is permanent deletion and show you how to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10. Before heading to the recovery solution, please note that you should immediately stop using the computer or the affected drive after losing data. This can help to avoid overwriting of permanently deleted files.
Part 1. What is Permanent Deletion?
You may have noticed that when you delete files on your Windows 10 computer, they are often sent to the recycle bin. If you want, you can simply head to the recycle bin and restore the deleted files back. But there are certain circumstances where the deletion is permanent, meaning that the files don’t go to the recycle bin and therefore there is no way to restore them. Such circumstances can include the following:
- When you use “Shift + Delete” keys to delete files instead of just using the “Delete” button.
- When you empty the recycle bin before you have the chance to restore the files.
- When files are too large to fit in the recycle bin they are often permanently deleted and Windows will often notify you before removing them permanently.
- When you accidentally use “Ctrl + X” command or the “Cut” option to replace files instead of “Copy”.
- Unexpected system shutdowns that can cause data loss.
- Malware and viruses that can affect files on your PC and the only way to remove them is to delete the files.
Part 2. Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 via Data Recovery
Even though these deleted files are no longer accessible and visible on your computer, it doesn’t mean that you will not be able to get them back. With a professional data recovery tool, it is very easy to recover even the most unrecoverable data and here we have the right tool for you – Fucosoft Data Recovery. The program is designed to recover all deleted data quickly and easily. With a 98% recovery rate, it is arguably one of the best ways to recover permanently deleted data on Windows 10. Some of the program’s most useful features include the following:
- It an be used to easily restore deleted, lost or formatted files from your Windows system or any other storage device.
- It can be used to recover up to 1000 different types of files including Office documents, photos, videos, emails, audio files and so many more.
- It utilizes the most advanced technology to ensure that you can recover all these types of data quickly and has a 98% success rate
- It is also very easy to use with a simple user interface, allowing anyone to use the program even the less tech-savvy of users
To recover permanently deleted files on your Windows 10 PC, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Download and install the data recovery program on to your computer and then open it.
Step 2: You should see all the available storage locations on your device (both internal and external) as well as more specific storage location. Select the location where the missing files were stored and then click “Scan”.
Step 3: Now the program will immediately begin scanning the selected storage location for the deleted files.
Step 4: When the scanning process is complete, the program will provide a list of all the deleted files on your computer. You can click on a specific file to preview it before recovery and select the specific files you would like to recover, then click “Recover” to restore the data.
Part 3. Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 from Older Backup
You may also be able to recover permanently deleted files from your old backups. Even though the Backup and Restore feature was discontinued with the introduction of Windows 8.1, and replaced by File History, you might still be able to use it to recover data on Windows 10 PC. But this method is contingent on the idea that you created a backup using the Backup and Restore tool. Here’s how to use it:
- Using the search function on your Windows PC, type in “backup” and hit enter.
- In the options that appear, select “Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” which might be under “Looking for an older backup?”
- Click on “Select another backup to restore files from” and then choose the backup with the data you want to recover.
- Click “Next” and then follow the instructions to complete the process and get the files back.
Part 4. Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 from File History Backup
You might also be able to recover permanently deleted files on your Windows 10 PC using the “File History” backup feature on Windows 10. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- In the search function at the Start menu, type in “restore files” and then hit enter on your keyboard.
- Look for the deleted files in the folder where they were last stored.
- Click on “Restore” button at the bottom of the window to return the deleted files to their original location.
If you don’t see the files, then it is very likely the “File History” feature on your PC is turned off. In this case, you will not be able to recover the files unless you have a third-party recovery tool like Data Recovery.
You May Also Like:
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s