Like many users that I’ve assisted in the past, you might have updated your iPhone to a wrong or an unstable version and want to downgrade iOS. Well, the need to downgrade iOS 14 to an earlier version like iOS 13.7 is not just your thing. However, many iOS users complain about the cumbersome process involved in using a computer to downgrade iOS on their iPhone.
If you have the same question and look for a way to downgrade iOS 14 without computer, keep reading. This guide has got you covered, explaining all you need to know about how to downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13.7 or earlier versions without computer.
Part 1. Is It Possible to Downgrade iOS without Computer?
“Is it possible to downgrade iOS without Computer?” If you’re one of the tons of users pondering that question, here is your answer: No. Yes, I mean NO, it is not possible at the moment to downgrade iOS 14 without the use of a computer.
Why? Because when you downgrade your iOS to a lower version, desktop applications like iTunes are required. The only situation you don’t need a computer is when you want to upgrade your iPhone to a newer stable release. You can do that by going to your phone’s Settings > General > Software Update.
Don’t fall for any “solution” that claims the ability to downgrade iOS without the need for a computer. It is more likely to be ploy to get your money or plant a malware with the potential to do more harm to your phone.
Part 2. Quick Notes for Downgrading iOS 14
Now that you’ve discovered it is impossible to downgrade iOS without computer. If you’ve decided to downgrade your iPhone from iOS 14 to a previous version, please consider the following notes:
- Backup Your iPhone/iPad: To avoid a disaster of losing your important data during the downgrading process, it is strongly recommended you make a backup of your iPhone or iPad. You can create a backup using iCloud, iTunes, or a reliable third-party iOS backup tool like Fucosoft Free iOS Backup & Restore.
- Ensure Your Phone is Charged: The downgrading process would require a fair amount of time, so you should make sure your phone’s battery is charged (60-70% minimum capacity). Also, ensure your device is not directly in contact with a hot object or directly under the sunlight because of the extra heat the process would generate.
- Create Enough Memory Space: In order to ensure that the downgrade process is not stopped half way, your iPhone should has adequate amount of free memory space. To create free space on your iPhone: go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and then check the available memory space on your device. If it is not adequate, then you need to delete some files from your device.
- Disable Find My iPhone: This feature is available on all iOS device and helps users locate their iDevice remotely. However, it has been proven that this feature can sometimes affect the downgrading process. Disable it by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and then turn it off. Please note that your iCloud password is needed for you to complete the process.
- Use a Trustworthy Solution: There are many tools claim to downgrade iOS without iTunes. Do your due diligence and research any potential solution before you use it to downgrade your iPhone. Don’t do more harm to your phone than good. So, go for tools with high positive feedbacks and proven history.
Part 3. How to Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13
3.1 Downgrade iOS 14 with iTunes
The traditional method to downgrade iOS 14 is using Apple’s iTunes. During the downgrading process, your device will be restored and all data will be erased. Here’s how to do it:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and then turn it off.
- Search the internet and download the correct iOS IPSW file for your iPhone model.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, the iTunes should launch automatically (if this does not happen, unlock your phone, and allow your device to trust the computer). iTunes might also prompt you to install an update at this stage, do so.
- After you’ve successfully connected to iTunes, click on your phone icon next to the media dropdown, go to Summary, then click “Restore Backup” and install the firmware package that you downloaded above.
- When the restore process is complete, your iPhone will downgrade back to iOS 13 or older versions.
3.2 Downgrade iOS 14 without iTunes
As you can see, using iTunes to downgrade iOS is a bit complicated. Luckily, it is not the only option to downgrade iOS 14. Here we recommend you use Fucosoft iOS System Recovery, offering a simple and 100% secure solution to downgrade iOS without iTunes. In this way, you won’t lose your data during the downgrading process. This professional iOS repair tool can also help you solve a myriad of problems that affecting your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch/Apple TV. It supports all iOS versions and devices including iOS 14 and iPhone 12/11.
Here’s how to downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13 without iTunes:
Step 1: Download the right version of Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your computer (Windows or Mac) and install it. Launch the program and choose “Standard Mode” to downgrade iOS without deleting any data.
Step 2: Unlock your iPhone and connect it to the computer using a USB lightning cable, then click the “Next” button. The program will detect the connected device and then proceed to the next step.
If the program fails to detect your device, you’ll be required to put your device into DFU or Recovery Mode. Just follow the on-screen instructions to do that.
Step 3: Once your iPhone is detected, the program will display the device’s model and provide different versions of firmware it. Select your preferred version and click on “Download”.
Step 4: When the firmware is downloaded successfully, click on “Start to Fix” and the program will automatically begin to install the iOS version on your iPhone. To avoid your device from getting bricked, don’t use nor unplug it during the process.
This guide has detailed all you need to know regarding how to downgrade iOS without computer. Remember, there is no known solution to go about downgrading iOS 14 without a computer at the moment. However, that does not mean you can’t downgrade your iPhone to an older iOS version – the information in this guide has done justice to that. Enjoy!
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s