“While downloading and installing iOS 16, it gets stuck on estimating time remaining and the downloading bar is grey. What can I do to fix this issue? Please help!”
Whenever there is a new iOS update, a lot of people often report problems updating their devices. One of the common issues is the iOS update gets stuck on “Estimating Time Remaining” or “Update Requested” screen and no matter what you do, you just can’t get the device to download and install the iOS updates.
In this article, we are going to share with you some of the things you can do if your iOS 16 update is stuck on the “Estimating Time Remaining” or “Update Requested” screen for a long time. Read on and check out.
Part 1. Why iOS 16 Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining
Let’s begin with the reasons why you are experiencing this iOS update stuck issue. While there are many reasons why your iPhone stuck on “Estimating Time Remaining”, the following are three of the most common ones:
- It is possible that the Apple Servers could be busy especially when a lot of people are trying to update their iOS devices at the same time.
- You may also have trouble updating the iPhone if your device is not connected to the internet.
- This error will also popup when the iPhone has insufficient storage space.
The following are some feasible solutions you can try when faced with iOS 16 update stuck issue.
Part 2. Fix iOS 16 Update Stuck Issue without Data Loss
If you have adequate storage space on your iPhone, and you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network and the Apple servers work fine but you are still experiencing this iOS update error, then it is possible that there is a software issue with your device.
In this case, the best way to fix this error is to use an iOS system repair tool like Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. With this program, you can easily fix iOS update stuck on estimating time remaining and other stuck issues without affecting the data on the device.
To fix update errors like this one, download and install Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on to your computer and then follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Launch the program and connect your iPhone to the computer using USB cable, unlock the device to allow the program to recognize it. Once it is detected, click “Start”.
If the program is unable to detect the device, you may have to put the device in to recovery or DFU mode. Follow the on-screen instructions do it.
Step 2: In the next window, click on “Standard Repair” to proceed. You will then need to download the iOS 16 firmware package to do the repair. Click “Download” to begin.
Step 3: When the download is complete, click “Start Standard Repair” and the program will begin fixing the device. Keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete.
Part 3. Other Tips to Fix iOS 16 Stuck on Update Requested
The following are other simple solutions you can try to fix the iOS 16 stuck on Estimating Time Remaining/Update Requested error:
Tip 1: Hard Reset iPhone
Hard resetting is a great way to refresh your iPhone and may even help when an iOS update gets stuck. The following is how to hard reset an iPhone 8 or later:
- Press and then quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the black screen appears. Wait a few seconds, press and hold the Side button until the Apple Logo appears and the device restarts.
Tip 2: Clear iPhone Storage
Since the lack of adequate storage space is one of the most common causes of this problem, you may need to make sure that you have enough space to install the iOS 16 update.
- To do that, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage to see how much space is available on the device.
- If you don’t have adequate storage space, you should consider deleting some of the apps, photos and videos that you don’t need.
Tip 3: Check Network Connection
If your internet connection is unstable, you may have problem updating the device. The following are some of the network related troubleshooting steps to take:
- Make sure that you are not downloading other stuff in addition to the update. If you are downloading apps from the App Store or streaming videos on YouTube and Netflix, you’d better stop them until the update is complete.
- Restart your WiFi modem or router as well as your iPhone.
- Reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will remove all your saved network settings such as the Wi-Fi passwords.
- Toggle Airplane mode on and off to refresh the network connection.
Tip 4: Check Apple Server
You may also want to check the on status of the Apple Server, especially when a lot of people are trying to update their iOS devices at the same time. In this case, Apple servers can become slow and you may experience various stuck issues including this one.
Go to Apple System Status page to check whether there is a problem with the servers. If the servers are indeed down, then there is nothing to do but wait. We would recommend re-trying the update perhaps the next day.
Tip 5: Delete Update and Try Again
If there is no problem with the Apple Servers, it is possible that the update files could be corrupt. In this case, the best thing to do is to delete the update and try to download it again. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Find the iOS update and then tap on it to select it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and then try to download and install the update again.
Tip 6: Update iOS 16 from Computer
If you are still having problems updating the device OTA, you should try updating the device on the computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Finder (on macOS Catalina) or iTunes (on PC and macOS Mojave or earlier).
- Connect the iPhone to the PC or Mac via USB cable.
- When the device appears in iTunes or Finder, click on it
- Click on “Check for Update” and then click “Update” to begin updating the device. Keep it connected until the update is complete.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7