“I want to update to iOS 14, but I am not in a place where I can get WiFi. I have several gigs of LTE, plenty for a 250meg update. Is it possible to update iOS without WiFi? Can I update my iPhone using cellular data?”
We all know that an iOS update requires stable internet connection. And Apple also restricts the download of the iOS update over a cellular data connection. That means you can only update iOS over the air via Wi-Fi. It would be frustrating when you want to update your iPhone to the newest iOS 14 but suffer from unstable WiFi or there is no WiFi service available. Luckily, there are still several workarounds to update iOS without WiFi. In this article, we will share 3 practical ways that you can update iPhone to iOS 14 without using a Wi-Fi connection.
Way 1: Update iOS 14 without WiFi: Using Mobile Data
Although Apple doesn’t support to download the iOS 14 update file with cellular data, there is a workaround for that. If you have spare phone and it has enough data plan, you can still update your iPhone by creating a personal hotspot. The Personal Hotspot behaves just like Wi-Fi even though it uses cellular data and will enable you to do the update. Follow these simple steps:
- On your other iOS device, go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot and turn it on. If it is an Android device, go to the Settings to turn on Mobile Hotspot.
- Back to your iPhone that you’d like to update, go to Settings and turn on Wi-Fi, find the personal hotspot and connect to it using password.
- Then back to Settings > General > Software Update to check for the available iOS update, tap “Download and Install” to begin the iOS 14 updating process.
Way 2: Update iOS 14 without WiFi: Using iTunes/Finder
If there is no spare phone available, you can also update your iPhone without Wi-Fi using iTunes or Finder on computer. To use this method, you will need to have an updated version of iTunes on your PC or Mac (or Finder on macOS Catalina). And your computer should have a stable internet connection. Here’s how to use iTunes or Finder to update iPhone to iOS 14:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using lightning cable and then open iTunes or Finder.
- Click on the Device icon when it appears and then click on the device’s name in the Summary option.
- Click on “Check for Update” and iTunes or Finder will install the latest version of iOS on to the device.
Way 3: Update iOS 14 without WiFi: Using 3-party Tool
Your iPhone data may get lost after updating via Apple’s iTunes or Finder, that’s why we always suggest you make a backup. At last but not the least, you can perform iOS update without WiFi using third-party tools like Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. This program is an ideal solution for updating or fixing all iOS related errors like iOS taking forever to update, download and install button grayed out, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, etc. It is very secure to use and guarantees no data loss.
Here’s how to update your iPhone to iOS 14 without Wi-Fi using Fucosoft iOS System Recovery:
Step 1: Click the buttons above to download the right version of iOS repair tool to your computer. Install and launch it, connect your iPhone to the computer with lightning cable and then choose “Repair Operating System” in the main interface.
Step 2: Wait for the program to recognize your iPhone and click on “Fix Now” to proceed to the nest step. If the device cannot be detected, you can follow the on-screen steps to put it into DFU or Recovery mode to get recognized.
Step 3: After that, the program will display the device’s model info and provide you the matching firmware versions. Just choose the latest version of firmware and click on “Download”.
Step 4: When the firmware is downloaded successfully, click on “Repair Now” and the program will begin the repairing process. Once it is done, your iPhone will restart with the latest version of iOS installed on it.
The above solutions present 3 effective ways to update iOS without Wi-Fi. With these solutions, you can update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS 14 and enjoy the new features that come with the update without having to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7