If you were using an Android device and you now want to switch to iPhone, the foremost concern for most people is how to transfer data from the old device to the new one. When it comes to WhatsApp data specifically, the easiest way to do that would be to restore a WhatsApp backup to the new device. But this isn’t easy when switching from Android to iPhone, since there is no clear way to restore WhatsApp Google Drive backup to iPhone.
This article is however designed to help you find ways around this problem by providing you with an effective way to restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone 12 mini/12/12 Pro, iPhone 11/11 Pro, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, iPhone X/8/7/6s/6 etc. running on iOS 14/13.
Part 1. Why You Cannot Directly Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone Directly
Before we get to the solutions you may need to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to your iPhone. We feel it is essential to tell you why you may not be able to restore the backup directly on to the device. The reason is very simple: the encryption protocols that Google Drive uses are vastly different tom the iPhone’s operating system, making any backup in the Google Drive incompatible with the iOS system and therefore can’t be restored.
The encryption protocols are there to protect the data in the backup from hackers. But iOS uses very different protocols which is also why you will not be able to restore iCloud backups to Android devices.
Part 2. Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android Device to iPhone via Email
One easy way to transfer WhatsApp chats from your Android device to your iPhone without having to restore the Google Drive backup is to email the chats to yourself and open the email on your iPhone. Follow these simple steps to complete this process:
- On your Android device, open WhatsApp and click on the chat history you want to transfer and then tap on the contact’s or group chat-name at the top.
- Select “Export Chat” and choose whether you would like to include the media data on the chat or not.
- Tap on “Mail” and then enter the email address. Tap “Send” to send the chats as an attachment. You can then open the chats on your iPhone.
Part 3. Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone via WhatsApp Transfer
The above solution will only allow you to transfer the WhatsApp chats as TXT attachment, meaning you will not be able to open them in WhatsApp. If you would like a more comprehensive way to restore WhatsApp from a Google Drive backup to your iPhone, you might want to try using Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer. This tool is designed to help you manage all aspects of your WhatsApp data, including transferring WhatsApp data from Google Drive backups to an iPhone.
Before we use this tool to restore the WhatsApp backup to your iPhone, let’s take a look at some of the program’s most impressive features. They include the following:
- It is useful in creating a full backup of WhatsApp data on your iPhone or Android device to the computer.
- You can also use it to restore the same WhatsApp backup to your device whenever you need.
- It is also quite useful in the transfer of WhatsApp between devices, even cross-OS like Android to iPhone or vice versa.
- It can also backup and restore data from other social messaging apps like LINE, Viber, Kik and WeChat.
Now follow these simple steps below to use Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer to restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone.
Begin by restoring the Google Backup back to Android device. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure you are using the same Google account that you used to make the backup and then uninstall WhatsApp from your Android device.
- Reinstall the app from the Google Play Store and then follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.
- You should be prompted to restore data from the Google Drive backup. Simply tap “Restore” and wait for the process to be finished.
- Tap “Next” and the chats will be displayed on the device.
With the WhatsApp chats back on your Android device, you can now use dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer to transfer them to the iPhone. Here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Download and install the WhatsApp Transfer on to your computer and launch it. On the main window, select the “WhatsApp” option.
Step 2: Connect both iPhone and Android devices to the computer using USB cables.
Note: Please ensure that the Android device is the “Source” and the iPhone is the “Destination” device. If the order is incorrect, click on the flip button to fix it.
Step 3: Now simply click “Transfer” and the program will begin transferring the WhatsApp messages. This process will erase any existing WhatsApp data on the destination device.
Step 4: The transfer process will begin immediately. Keep the devices connected until the process is finished. The program will notify you once the process is complete. And you should be able to see the transferred WhatsApp chats on your iPhone.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- 10 Best YouTube to MP3 320kbps Converter (Online & Desktop)
- 9xbuddy Not Working? 9 Best Alternatives to 9xbuddy
- Top 10 Best 4k YouTube Downloader [2023 Review]
- Top 12 Best YouTube Video Downloader Free Online for 2023
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- 13 Best Ways to Fix iMessage Is Signed Out Error on iPhone
- [Fixed]iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update 2023