GIFs in messages has greatly changed the way we text, however, many iOS users have reported that GIFs not working on iPhone. It is a common problem that often occurs after an iOS update. If you’re in the same situation, stop your searching here. In this article, we will provide you 7 practical ways to fix GIFs not working on iPhone 11/11 Pro, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6, or iPad Pro etc. Keep reading and try these solutions to get the GIFs working normally again.
Way 1: Fix iPhone GIFs Not Working without Data Loss
As we mentioned above, iPhone GIFs not working problem can often happen soon after an iOS update. This shows that there is an issue with the iOS system and perhaps the best way to fix it is to use Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. It is one of the best iOS repair tools in the market, capable of fixing various iOS issues including this one without causing data loss. Following are some of the features that make this tool the most ideal solution:
- It can help to fix a malfunctioning iPhone under numerous circumstances including an iPhone that is stuck on the Apple Logo, recovery mode, DFU mode, black/white screen, iPhone ghost touch, iPhone is disabled, etc.
- It provides uses two recovery modes to fix the device. The Standard Mode is helpful for fixing various common iOS issues without data loss and the Advanced Mode is suitable for more serious problems.
- It can help you enter or exit recovery mode in just a single click. You don’t have to do any operation on your iPhone and the device data won’t be affected.
- This tool is 100% secure to use and works well on all iPhone models, including iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/6 running on iOS 13/12.
Here’s how to fix animated GIFs not working on iPhone without data loss:
Step 1: Launch Fucosoft iOS System Recovery and in the main window, choose “Standard Mode”. Then connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable and wait for the program to detect it.
Step 2: If the program fails to detect the device, you may need to put it in DFU/recovery more. Follow the on-screen instructions provided to put the device in DFU/recovery mode to allow for access.
Step 3: When your iPhone is in DFU or recovery mode, the program will detect the device model and provide various versions of firmware for it. Select one and then click “Download”.
Step 4: Once the firmware is downloaded, click on “Start” and Fucosoft iOS System Recovery will begin repairing the device. Keep your iPhone connected to the computer until the repair process is finished.
Way 2: Change Language & Region Settings
Language settings can also cause this problem particularly if you are in a region where this feature is inaccessible. Choosing “America” as your region and “English” as your language can help to fix GIFs not working issue. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone and then select “General”.
- Tap on “Language & Region” to change the settings and then check if this problem has been fixed.
Way 3: Disable Reduce Motion
Reduce Motion is an iOS feature that is designed to turn off screen movements or motion effects on your iPhone. Enabling this feature can help conserve the battery life of the device, but it may also hinder certain features like animation and effects. If you are having problems with GIFs, disabling Reduce Motion may help. Follow these simple steps below:
- Go to Settings and then tap on “General”.
- Tap on “Accessibility”
- Scroll down to tap “Reduce Motion” and turn it off if it is enabled.
Way 4: Add #image Again
To use GIFs normally on your iPhone, you should have #images feature enabled. In case that the #image option is set to off by default, you may experience the problem of GIFs not working on iPhone. To check it, follow these simple steps:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Cellular” and check if #image is on. If it is not, turn it on and GIFs should work normally.
If that doesn’t work, consider adding #images in messages. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Messages app and click on “+” icon.
- Tap on “Manage” and then tap “#image” to add it again.
Way 5: Update iOS Version
Updating your iPhone to the latest version of iOS is another great way to remove some of the software glitches that could be causing the issue. Follow these simple steps to update the iOS version:
- Go to Settings > General> Software Update.
- Wait while the device automatically checks for an update.
- If an update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Way 6: Factory Reset iPhone
You may also be able to eliminate some of the system bugs causing this issue by factory resetting the iPhone. But we must warn you that this will cause total data loss. Here’s how to factory reset the iPhone:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and then tap “General”.
- Tap on “Reset” and choose “Erase A Contents and Settings”.
- You may be prompted to save the content to iCloud. Once the content has been saved in iCloud, tap “Erase now” to complete the process.
Way 7: Restore iPhone via iTunes
You may also be able to fix this GIFs not working problem by restoring the iPhone in iTunes. Please this will also erase all data and settings on the device. Follow these simple steps to restore the iPhone via iTunes:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and then open iTunes if it doesn’t launch automatically.
- Click on the iPhone icon when it appears and under “Summary”, click on “Back up Now”.
- When the backup process is complete, click on “Restore iPhone” and iTunes will reset the device to factory settings. You can restore the backup once the process is complete.
Bonus: Recover Deleted/Lost Images on iPhone
As we have seen above, some of the solutions to this problem can cause data loss. This is why it is important to create a backup of the data on your iPhone before attempting any solutions. But what if you lose some of the GIFs and images on your iPhone and you don’t have a backup. In this case, we recommend using Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery, one of the best data recovery tools for iPhone in the market. The following are just some of it’s most useful features:
- It can recover most types of data from iOS device, including photos, videos, messages, contacts, notes, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Kik, and much more.
- It provides 4 recovery modes to ensure high change of recovery. You can recover data directly from iPhone, or extract data from an iTunes or iCloud backup.
- It is very easy to use, recovery is a simple 3-step process that takes minutes. No tech knowledge is required.
- It is compatible with all iOS devices and all versions of the iOS firmware including iPhone 11 and iOS 13
Follow these simple steps to recover deleted or lost GIFs/images on your iPhone:
Step 1: Download and install Fucosoft iPhone Image Recovery on to your computer and then launch the program after successful installation. Select “Recover from iOS Device” and then click on “Start” to begin.
Step 2: Now connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cable and as soon as the program detects the device, click on “Next” to continue.
Step 3: In the next window, select the type of data you would like to recover in this case “Photos” and then click “Next”.
Step 4: The program will begin scanning the device for the selected type of data. Once the scan is complete, preview the recovered files and select the photos you want to recover. Click “Recover” to save them to your computer.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s