Now more and more people rely on their iPhone alarm for reminders. Whether you are going to have an important meeting or need getting up early in the morning, alarm is helpful to keep your schedules. If your iPhone alarm is malfunctioning or fails to work, the outcome might be disastrous.
What will you do? Don’t despair, there is no need to quickly switch to a new iPhone. In this article, you will discover several useful tips to fix this annoying issue of iPhone alarm not working. These fixes described below work well on any iPhone models running iOS 13/12. Keep reading and try them one by one.
It’s time to get your iPhone alarm work properly. Let’s go!
Fix 1: Turn Off Mute Switch and Check Volume Level
In some cases, you may need to turn on the Mute switch to avoid making any disturbance. However, you forgot to turn off the Mute switch. When the Mute switch of your iPhone is on, the alarm clock won’t go off properly. The solution to this problem might be in plain sight so to speak. Just check your iPhone’s Mute switch and ensure it is turned off.
Also, you should check your Volume level. For iPhone, there are two different controls to adjust volume: Media Volume and Ringer Volume. The Media Volume controls sounds for music, videos, games and all in-app sounds while Ringer Volume adjusts the notifications, reminders, system alerts, ringer and alarm sounds. So ensure that you’ve turned up the Ringer Volume rather than the Media Volume.
Fix 2: Check the Alarm Sound and Pick A Louder One
Sometimes your choice of alarm sound might not be loud enough or you simply forgot to set one in the first place. So one of the things you should do when your iPhone alarm not working is to check if you selected an alarm sound/song. Additionally, ensure the sound or song you picked is loud enough.
Here is how to go about it:
Open your Clock app > tap on the Alarm tab > select Edit > select the alarm from the list of alarms you have set up. Then go to Sound > choose “Pick a Song” > then select a loud song or sound for as your iPhone alarm.
Fix 3: Uninstall Third-party Alarm Apps
In some cases, iPhone alarm not working problem might be caused by a third-party alarm app. Some of these apps can conflict with the built-in iPhone alarm clock aapp nd stop it from working properly. When a third-party alarm app is hampering the proper function of your alarm, the solution is simple: uninstall the third-party apps and restart your iPhone.
Fix 4: Disable or Change the Bedtime Feature
iPhone’s Bedtime feature in Clock app is designed to help you go to bed and wake up at the same times. However, there are some bugs of Bedtime. Many users have complained that it works well in helping them go be bed but won’t wake up on time. So, we recommend you disable or change the Bedtime feature.
Follow the process below to disable the Bedtime feature:
Open Clock > tap Bedtime at the bottom > disable Bedtime or set a different time by sliding the bell icon.
Fix 5: Reset and Restart Your iPhone or iPad
During an iOS update or in some other situations, the settings of your iPhone may be affected and altered which results in your iPhone alarm not going off. If the above tips don’t work, try resetting all settings on your iPhone. Follow these steps: Go to Settings > General > Reset and choose “Reset All Settings”.
Your iPhone will restart after resetting, then you can set a new alarm and check if the iPhone alarm is going off or not.
Fix 6: Update Your iPhone to the Latest iOS
Outdated iOS versions are fraught with many problems. So it won’t be surprising if your alarm fails to go off when your iPhone is using an outdated version of iOS. Update your iOS to fix bugs that are capable of causing this kind of iPhone glitches.
Wireless Update method:
- Ensure your iPhone has enough storage space and the pones battery is adequately charged.
- Connect to a very good and stable Wi-Fi network, then go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on General > Software Update > Download and Install and choose “Install” if you want to install the update immediately. Or you can tap “Later” then select either of “Install Tonight” to install automatically overnight or “Remind Me Later”
- If your password is required, enter your security code to authorize the action.
Computer Update method:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. If you own a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder.
- Select your device icon when connected successfully, then go to General or Settings.
- Click on “Check for Update” > “Download and Update”, then enter your passcode if you enabled it to authorize the action.
Fix 7: Restore Your iPhone to Factory Default Settings
We recommend you employ this method only when you’ve finished exhausting other fixes. A factory reset will restore your iPhone to its default settings like it was when you purchased it. This means you will lose all your data, settings, and other changes. We advise you back up your iPhone data before proceeding.
Restore iPhone to Factory Settings Wirelessly:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter your passcode if it is enabled to proceed > tap “Erase iPhone” from the warning box that appears.
- Enter your Apple ID details to verify > your iPhone will then be restored back to its like-new factory settings.
Restore iPhone to Factory Settings on Computer:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable, open iTunes or Finder on macOS Catalina 10.15.
- Select your device when it appears on iTunes or Finder and click on “Restore iPhone”.
- From the pop-up warning, click “Restore” again to initiate the factory restore process.
Fix 8: Fix iPhone Alarm Not Working without Data Loss
Factory resetting your iPhone will delete everything, so we recommend you using third-party tool to fix iPhone alarm not working problem without data loss. Fucosoft iOS System Recovery is a professional iOS repair tool to fix any software related issues, such as iPhone black screen of death, iPhone stuck in Recovery mode, Apple logo, iPhone is disabled or frozen, etc. It is very easy to use, and fully compatible with all iOS versions and iOS devices, including the newest iOS 13 and iPhone 11/11 Pro.
Here’s how to fix iPhone alarm not working issue without data loss:
Step 1: Download, install and launch Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your computer and choose “Standard Mode” on the main screen to continue.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the comptuer using USB cable and click “Next” tp proceed to next step. If the device can’t be detected, follow the on-screen steps to put your iPhone in DFU mode or Recovery mode.
Step 3: Now the program will display your iPhone model and provide the matching firmware for the device. Choose the version you need and click “Download”.
Step 4: When the firmware has been downloaded, check the device and firmware information, then click “Start” to begin the process of fixing your iPhone.
A malfunctioning alarm is a serious concern for most users. It can make you missing important appointments then it is vital to fix this problem as soon as possible. Use any of the above solutions if you’re dealing with an iPhone alarm that is not working in iOS 13 or 12. Start at the top and try each fix, testing your alarm after each one to see if the alarm makes sound again.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s