“My iPhone X keeps acting like I’m pressing buttons when I’m not. It’s been going on for a couple of weeks and I thought resetting my iPhone would help but it hasn’t. What should I do?”
“After replacing a screen for iPhone X, I countered an issue that the screen has a ghost touch then I tried to check whether the connector is good, clean the connector and reconnect it. Everything seem OK but the ghost touch issue is still exist. Any suggestions?”
In some instances, the iPhone screen acts as if it’s been touched, even when it hasn’t – this strange phenomenon is often referred to as “Ghost Touch”. Till now, a growing number of people have complained about the iPhone X ghost touch issues on Apple’s discussion forums.
Actually, the ghost touch problem not only affects the iPhone X, but also other iPhone models like iPhone XS/XR, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 etc. If this occurs to you, don’t worry, keep reading this guide to learn some possible causes of iPhone ghost touch and a few tips to fix this issue in iOS 13/12.
Possible Causes of Ghost Touch on iPhone X
What are the likely causes of iPhone X ghost touch issue? Well, the problem of ghost touch are usually found in some new Apple devices or the devices which have has their touch screen replaced or removed during repair. For the new Apple device, digitize manufacturing defect may cause ghost touch. While for a repaired device, the ghost touch issue is usually caused by incorrect installation.
Apple blames the problem on a component that may fail on the iPhone X’s display module. Besides hardware problems, iPhone X ghost touch can also result from software errors such as iOS update. Before heading to an Apple Store for repairing, you can try the below quick fixes.
Fix 1: Fix iPhone Ghost Touch without Data Loss
If your iPhone is suffering from ghost touch screen and you think that this phenomenon is a result of software error, you can depend on third-party iOS repair tool to fix the issue. Here Fucosoft iOS System Recovery is strongly recommend. It is a powerful program with easy-to-use interface, which helps you fix many common iOS system issues including ghost touch on your iPhone X. Also, it is capable of solving iPhone Touch ID not working, iPhone stuck in Recovery mode, DFU mode, Apple logo, iPhone is disable connect to iTunes, restart loops, freezing issue, and so on without data loss.
Follow the steps below to fix iPhone X ghost touch issue:
Step 1: Download and install Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your computer. Launch it and choose “Standard Mode” on the home page.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and click “Next”. If the device can be detected, just move to the next step. If not, follow the onscreen instructions to put your device into DFU or Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Now the software will detect the model of your device and provide the appropriate firmware for it. Click “Download” to continue.
Step 4: After that, click “Start” to begin the fixing procedure. Wait while the process completes, and your iPhone will get back to normal.
Fix 2: Clean iPhone Screen
Sometimes the screen has something on it that causes the iPhone X ghost touch problem. So a simple fix you should try is to clean the screen. Please turn your iPhone off before start cleaning it. Then use a soft cloth with alcohol or other cleaning solutions to wipe your device’s screen clean.
Also you can take a small piece of tissue paper (fold it several times) and a wooden toothpick. Use the folded tissue paper and toothpick to clean the small gap between the iPhone’s glass screen and body.
Fix 3: Force Restart iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone is also a worth trying solution. It is possible that rebooting your iPhone could remove any glitch that cause the ghost touch issue. Follow these simple steps:
- For iPhone 8 or later devices: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Hold down the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Hold down the Volume Down button and the Power button > Release both buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 6 or earlier devices: Hold down the Power button and the Home button > Release the both buttons until you see the Apple logo.
Fix 4: Reset All Settings
Another step in troubleshooting the ghost touch phenomenon is to reset all settings on your iPhone X. To do this: Go to Settings > General > Reset and select “Reset All Settings”. You will be required to enter your screen passcode to confirm the action. Then all the settings on your iPhone will be revert to the default settings.
Only the system settings will be reset. You won’t lose any files, data or apps.
Fix 5: Factory Reset iPhone
For most people, simply force restarting the iPhone or resetting all settings will do the trick. But if you are one of the unlucky dogs still experiencing iPhone X ghost touch issues after trying the above solutions, you can perform a factory reset on your iPhone. But it’s worth mentioning that a factory reset will totally erase all the contents from your iPhone. So we suggest you first back up your iPhone before following the steps below:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and tap on “General”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Reset”, then choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Tap “Backup Then Erase” or “Erase Now” to restore your iPhone to its original factory state.
Fix 6: Update to Latest iOS 13
Factory resetting iPhone will help to solve most software problems, but if that doesn’t stop the iPhone X ghost touch problem, you can try updating your iPhone to the latest iOS 13. This is a good way of resolving any software bugs that might cause ghost touch. Here’s how to do it wirelessly:
- Plug your iPhone into a power and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings > choose “General” > click on “Software Update”.
- Tap “Downlaod and Install”. If you have already downloaded the update, tap “Install Now”.
If you can’t find the update on your iPhone, you can update to iOS 13 manually using iTunes or Finder on your computer.
Fix 7: Get iPhone X Screen Fixed by Apple
If the above solutions don’t help, don’t worry, Apple is ready to fix your problem for free. Recently, Apple recognized the iPhone X’s screen issue on its support page and now offers a free display repair service for those who experience the problem. You can either make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store or find an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get your iPhone X ghost touch issue fixed. Before that, make sure to backup your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud, or using third-party tool like Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore.
You May Also Like:
- Your complete mobile solution to keep your iPhone/Android running at peak efficiency.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s