“My iPhone X keeps acting like I’m pressing buttons when I’m not. It’s been going on for a couple of weeks and I thought resetting my iPhone would help but it hasn’t. What should I do?”
“After replacing a screen for iPhone X, I countered an issue that the screen has a ghost touch then I tried to check whether the connector is good, clean the connector and reconnect it. Everything seem OK but the ghost touch issue is still exist. Any suggestions?”
In some instances, the iPhone screen acts as if it’s been touched, even when it hasn’t – this strange phenomenon is often referred to as “ghost touch”. Till now, a growing number of people have complained about the ghost touch issues that they have experienced their iPhone X on Apple’s discussion forums. If you’re an iPhone X user running iOS 12, you might have encountered a ghost touch problem with the screen. Don’t worry, there’s a solution. Keep reading this guide to learn some possible causes of iPhone X ghost touch and a few tips to fix this issue.
People also read: Touch ID Not Working on iPhone? Here’s the Fix
Part 1. Possible Causes of Ghost Touch on iPhone X
What are the likely causes of iPhone X ghost touch issue? Well, the problem of ghost touch has been found in some new Apple devices or the devices which have has their touch replaced or removed during repair. For the new Apple device, digitizer manufacturing defect may cause ghost touch. While for a repaired device, the ghost touch issue is usually caused by incorrect installation. Apple blames the problem on a component that may fail on the iPhone X’s display module. Besides hardware problems, iPhone X ghost touch can also result from software errors such as iOS 12 update. Before heading to an Apple Store, you can try the below iPhone X ghost touch fixes.
Part 2. Clean the Screen
Sometimes the screen has something on it that causes the iPhone X ghost touch problem. So the first fix you should try is to clean the screen. Please turn your iPhone off before start cleaning it. Then use a soft cloth with alcohol or other cleaning solutions to wipe your device’s screen clean. Also you can take a small piece of tissue paper (fold it several times) and a wooden toothpick. Use the folded tissue paper and toothpick to clean the small gap between the iPhone’s glass screen and body.
Part 3. Reset All Settings
iPhone X ghost touch issue can be a result of software error. So another step in troubleshooting the ghost touch phenomenon is to reset all settings on your iPhone X. Follow these steps to reset your iPhone settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset and select “Reset All Settings”. Then all the settings on your iPhone will be revert to the default settings. Only the system settings will be reset. You won’t lose any files, data or apps.
Part 4. Hard Reset iPhone
For most people, simply cleaning the screen and resetting all settings will do the trick. But if you are one of the unlucky dogs still experiencing iPhone X ghost touch issues even after above solutions, you can try to hard reset your iPhone. But it’s worth mentioning that a hard reset will totally erase all the content from your iPhone. So we suggest you first back up your iPhone before following the steps below.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and tap on “General”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Reset”, then choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Tap “Backup Then Erase” or “Erase Now” to restore your iPhone to its original factory state.
Part 5. Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch with Third-Party Tool
Hard resetting iPhone will help to solve most software issues, but if that doesn’t solve the iPhone X ghost touch issue, you may depend on third-party tools to fix the problem. Fucosoft iOS System Recovery is a powerful program with easy-to-use interface, which helps you fix many common iOS system issues including iPhone X ghost touch, as well as iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode, DFU mode, Apple logo, iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes, restart loops, freezing issue, and so on without data loss.
Follow the steps below to fix iPhone X ghost touch issue:
- Download and install Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your computer. Launch it and choose “Standard Mode” on the home page.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and click “Next”. If the device can be detected, just move to the next step. If not, follow the onscreen instructions to put your device into DFU or Recovery Mode.
- Now the software will detect the model of your device and provide the appropriate firmware for it. Click “Download” to continue.
- After that, click “Start to Fix” to begin the fixing procedure. Wait while the process completes, and your iPhone will get back to normal.
Part 6. Get iPhone X Screen Fixed by Apple
If the above solutions don’t help, don’t worry, Apple is ready to fix your problem for free. Recently, Apple recognized the iPhone X’s screen issue on its support page and now offers a free display repair program for those who experience the problem. You can either make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store or find an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get your iPhone X ghost touch issue fixed. Before that, make sure to backup your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud, or using third-party tool like Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover deleted or lost data from iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- 5 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages 
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer 
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- Snapchat Recovery: Recover Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- Top 5 Best Offline Music Apps for iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X
- How to Fix Android USB Not Detected but Charging Problem
- How to Download Zedge Ringtones to iPhone
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software for PC
- How to Download & Save Videos from Tumblr to iPhone