iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
Question: Please Help!! My iPhone X was stuck on Apple logo for 2 hours during 12 update. How to get the phone back to normal?
iPhone stuck on Apple logo (also called white Apple or white Apple logo screen of death) is a common issue that most iPhone users meet. If you are just facing the same situation, don’t worry, here this post will explain why iPhone or iPad frozen on Apple logo, and exactly how to solve this problem.
People also read: How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
Why iPhone/iPad Stuck on Apple Logo?
So, what could be the reason behind white Apple logo screen of death? Usually, iPhone gets stuck on the Apple logo screen when there’s a problem with the operating system that prevents the phone from booting up like normal. Below we list some of the most common reasons why iPhone or iPad frozen on Apple logo.
- iOS Update: iPhone had problems while upgrading to the latest iOS 12.
- Jailbreaking: iPhone or iPad stuck on Apple logo screen after Jailbreak.
- Restoring: iPhone frozen on Apple logo after restoring from iTunes or iCloud.
- Faulty Hardware: Something is wrong with the iPhone/iPad hardware.
Option 1. Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo by Force Restart
iPhone stuck on Apple logo and won’t turn off? You should first try to force restart your device. This may not work, but it is the simplest way to fix iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6s/6 or iPad stuck on Apple logo screen. Plus, the force restart won’t erase the content on your device.
- For iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X/8/8 Plus: Press and release the Volume Up button > Press and release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier models or iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Option 2. Fix iPhone Frozen on Apple Logo via Recovery Mode
If your iPhone or iPad still won’t get past the Apple logo, you can try Recovery Mode to get rid of the white Apple issue. When your device is in recovery mode, iTunes can restore it to factory settings with the latest iOS version, however, it will delete all data on your iPhone.
- Connect your frozen iPhone/iPad to a PC or Mac computer and open iTunes.
- While your phone is connected, put it into recovery mode and let iTunes to detect the device.
- When you get the option to restore or update, choose “Restore”. iTunes will restore your phone to factory settings and update it to latest iOS 12.
- When the restore is done, your iPhone or iPad should go past the Apple logo and turn on.
Option 3. Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo without Restoring
If above solutions are not working for you, you can try out Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. It can solve the iPhone stuck on Apple logo without losing your data. With it, you can safely fix iPhone from Apple logo, DFU mode, recovery mode, headphone mode, black screen, white screen, etc. to normal state. The program works with various iOS device and most iOS version, including the latest iPhone XS/XS Max/XR and iOS 12.
- Launch Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your computer and choose “Standard Mode”.
- Connect your frozen iPhone or iPad to the computer with a USB cable and click “Next”.
- Once the program detects the device, follow the on-screen guide to put your iPhone/iPad into Recovery or DFU mode.
- Confirm your device information and then click “Download” to download the suitable firmware.
- When the firmware download is finished, iOS System Recovery will automatically fix iPhone/iPad stuck on Apple logo.
You May Also Like:
- Your Complete Mobile Solution
- Full solution to meet various demands on iPhone/Android devices, such as recovery, transfer, backup, unlock, repair, etc.
- 5 Best Free YouTube Video Downloader Apps for Android 2019
- How to Delete Photos from iPhone But Keep Them on iCloud
- How to Download Tik Tok (Musical.ly) Videos on Android
- 5 Easy Ways to Download Tumblr Videos and GIFs on iPhone/iPad
- How to Direct Message on Instagram from Computer (PC & Mac)
- How to Get Zedge Ringtones on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X
- How to Download & Save Facebook Videos to iPhone/iPad
- Instagram Message Recovery: Recover Deleted Instagram DM on iPhone/Android
- How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages/Chat History on Android
- Samsung Recovery: Recover Lost Data from Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 9