There is certainly no denying that Viber is a great VoIP app in a similar vein to Skype, which can be used to send and receive free phone calls and text messages with other Viber users. However, there are occasional problems with data loss. If you happen to delete or lost important Viber messages, contacts, photos etc. on iPhone, it would be quite difficult to restore those lost Viber data. So in this article, we’d like to show you two ways to backup and restore Viber messages on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X/8/7/6s/6 Plus, or iPad.
Part 1. Backup & Restore Viber Messages on iPhone via iCloud
Please first connect your iPhone to the iCloud service: go to Settings > choose iCloud and sign in > enable iCloud Drive > switch Viber to ON, and then follow the steps below:
Back Up Viber Messages on iPhone:
- Open Viber app on your iPhone and tap the More option. Select Settings > Account > Viber Backup and choose “Back up now”.
- Viber will back up your chat history to the iCloud. You can also set your iPhone to automatically back up Viber messages: Settings > Account > Viber Backup > Auto Backup > choose weekly or monthly.
Restore Viber Messages on iPhone:
- Connect to your iCloud account and activate Viber. You will be offered to restore Viber messages from your previous backup.
- Choose “Restore now”, or you can choose to delay and restore Viber data the next time you connect to Wi-Fi.
Part 2. Backup & Restore Viber Messages on iPhone via Third-party Tool
If you can’t back up Viber messages through iCloud for any reason, you can do it with a third-party tool – Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore. Using it, you can easily backup and restore Viber messages, as well as WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik, Skype, photos and videos, contacts, text messages, notes, voice memos and much more data on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, etc. running on the latest iOS 12/11.
Backup Viber Chat History on iPhone:
- Download and install Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore. Then run it and select “Acquire Backup from Device & iCloud” option, then click “Back Up Device”.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer. Once the device is connected, click on “Make a Full Backup” and choose to the patch of your backup files if you wish.
- Now click on “Back Up” button to start the backup process. Once the process finished, you can view Viber messages and other data from the backup.
Restore iPhone Viber Chats from Backup:
- Run the program and select “Restore Backup to Device”, you will see a list of all your backups on the computer. Choose the Full Backup you’ve made and click “Next”.
- Click on “Restore Full Backup” and on the next screen, read the notes in the left column. Then connect your iPhone to computer and choose “Preview & Restore” to proceed.
- Now you’ll be able to preview the Viber messages and other data in the backup file. Click on “Restore” and then choose “Merger & Replace” or “Fully Replace” from the popup.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone without Backup
Sometimes one can accidentally delete important Viber messages on iPhone without any backup available. Well, don’t worry, Fucosoft iPhone Recovery is a great Viber data recovery tool that can effectively retrieve deleted Viber messages on iPhone without backup. Besides Viber messages, this iPhone Data Recovery can help you recover deleted WhatsApp chats, text messages, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, notes, and more data from iPhone or iPad directly.
Steps to directly recover deleted Viber messages on iPhone XS (Max)/XR:
- Step 1. Run Fucosoft iPhone Viber Recovery and select “Recover from iOS Device”. Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
- Step 2. Once your iPhone has been detected, click on “Start” and select the files you wish to recover, then click “Scan” to scan your iPhone for lost Viber messages.
- Step 3. Preview the scanned data and select all the Viber chats you’d like to recover, then click “Recover” to save them on your PC.
People also read: How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages/Chat History on Android
YouTube Video on How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone:
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover deleted or lost data from iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- 5 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages 
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer 
- 5 Best Sites for Sending Anonymous Text Messages
- Top 5 Best Ways to Download 4K Videos from YouTube
- Snapchat Recovery: Recover Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- Top 5 Best Offline Music Apps for iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X
- How to Fix Android USB Not Detected but Charging Problem
- How to Download Zedge Ringtones to iPhone
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software for PC
- How to Download & Save Videos from Tumblr to iPhone