How to Backup & Restore Viber Messages on iPhone (iPhone X/8 Included)
There is certainly no denying that Viber is a great VoIP app in a similar vein to Skype, which can be used to send and receive free phone calls and text messages with other Viber users. However, there are occasional problems with data loss. If you happen to delete or lost important Viber messages, contacts, photos etc. on iPhone, it would be quite difficult to restore those lost Viber data. So in this article, we’d like to show you two ways to backup and restore Viber messages on iPhone or iPad.
Way 1. Backup & Restore Viber Messages on iPhone via iCloud
Please first connect your iPhone to the iCloud service: go to Settings > choose iCloud and sign in > enable iCloud Drive > switch Viber to ON, and then follow the steps below:
Back Up Viber Messages on iPhone:
- Open Viber app on your iPhone and tap the More option. Select Settings > Account > Viber Backup and choose “Back up now”.
- Viber will back up your chat history to the iCloud. You can also set your iPhone to automatically back up Viber messages: Settings > Account > Viber Backup > Auto Backup > choose weekly or monthly.
Restore Viber Messages on iPhone:
- Connect to your iCloud account and activate Viber. You will be offered to restore Viber messages from your previous backup.
- Choose “Restore now”, or you can choose to delay and restore Viber data the next time you connect to Wi-Fi.
Way 2. Backup & Restore Viber Messages on iPhone via Third-party Tool
If you can’t back up Viber messages through iCloud for any reason, you can do it with a third-party tool – Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery. Using it, you can easily backup and restore Viber messages, photos and videos on iPhone or iPad.
Backup Viber Chat History on iPhone:
- Download and install Fucosoft iPhone Recovery. Then run it and select “Viber Backup & Restore” option.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer. Once the device is connected, click on “Backup” and wait for the backup process to complete.
Restore iPhone Viber Chats from Backup:
- Run the program and select “Viber Backup & Restore”, then connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer.
- Click “To view the previous backup file>>”, you’ll see all your Viber backup files. Select the one you would like to restore and hit “View”.
- After the scan, you can preview all the backup messages. Then select the chats you need and click “Restore”.
How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone without Backup
Sometimes one can accidentally delete important Viber messages on iPhone without any backup available. Well, don’t worry, Fucosoft iPhone Recovery is also a great Viber data recovery tool that can effectively retrieve deleted Viber messages on iPhone without backup.
Steps to directly recover deleted Viber messages on iPhone X/8/7/6s:
- Step 1. Run the iPhone Viber Recovery and select “Data Recovery”. Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
- Step 2. Once your iPhone has been detected, select “Viber” and click “Start Scan” to scan your iPhone for lost Viber messages.
- Step 3. Preview the scanned data and select all the Viber chats you’d like to recover, then click “Recover” to save them on your PC.
YouTube Video on How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone X/8/7/6s/6 Plus:
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- WAV to MP3: 5 Easy Ways to Convert WAV to MP3
- Twitter Video Downloader: Download Twitter Videos & GIF
- Top 5 Best 4K Video Downloader for YouTube
- 5 Best Free Online YouTube Video Downloader 2018
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It
- How to Find URL Link of Video in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- How to Direct Message on Instagram on Computer
- Instagram Direct Messages: Recover Deleted Instagram DM on iPhone/Android
- Video to MP3 Converter: How to Convert Video to MP3 Format