How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
Apple introduced the newest version of its iOS operating system, iOS 12, focusing on performance and quality improvements, along with new features like Memoji, Screen Time, Group FaceTime, and more. It is designed to make iPhone and iPad experience even faster, more responsive, and more delightful. Most iPhone and iPad users can’t wait to try out the new iOS 12 to enjoy the exciting new features and improvements. However, many people have reported data loss after iOS 12 update on their iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPad Pro, etc. For example, iPhone contacts disappeared, deleted text messages, missing photos and more.
“I lost my data including contacts and photos from my iPhone X after updating to iOS 12. I have an iTunes backup, but I can’t find the lost data I wanted from it. Whether I can get back my lost data from my iPhone? Anyone who can help, please?”
Have you run into the same situation? If you have lost contacts, photos, notes after iOS 12 update, don’t worry, here is a complete solution for you. In this article, we will guide you through how to recover lost data on iPhone/iPad after iOS 12 update without or from backup.
Part 1. Recover Data after iOS 12 Update without Any Backup
It is always suggested to make a backup of your iPhone/iPad before updating to iOS 12. Nevertheless, if unfortunately you haven’t taken a backup and eager to get lost data back, you can try Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery. This tool can directly scan your iDevice to recover deleted photos from iPhone, as well as videos, contacts, messages, call logs, WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, notes, and more after iOS 12 update. And it is compatible with all leading iOS devices, including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s/6 Plus, etc.
Follow steps below to recover iPhone data after iOS 12 update:
- Step 1. Install and run Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery on your computer. Choose the “Recover from iOS Device” option.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer via USB cable. Then select the files that you wish to recover and click on “Start Scan” to begin the scanning process.
- Step 3. After the scan, you can preview the lost contacts, photos, notes, etc. in details. Then mark the items you need and click “Recover” to save them on computer.
Part 2. Restore Data after iOS 12 Update from iPhone Backup
If you end up losing your important data like contacts, photos, notes while updating to the new iOS 12, and luckily taken a backup of your iPhone data with iTunes or iCloud before, then you can easily recover lost data after iOS update by restoring your iPhone from the backup.
Option 1. Restore iPhone from iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
- Go to Device > Summary > Backups > Restore Backups.
- Choose the most recent backup file and the target device, then press “Restore”.
Option 2. Restore iPhone from iCloud:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and then select the iCloud backup to restore your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
Though it is easy and free to restore your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud backup, neither iTunes nor iCloud permits preview and selectively recovery, and the current contents and settings on your iPhone will be replaced by data in the backup. Thus, the better option to complete the data recovery is by using a third-party tool like Fucosoft iPhone Recovery. Have a try on this powerful tool to get back lost data on your iPhone/iPad. It is fully compatible with all iOS devices, the newest iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR are included.
Besides data loss or missing, iOS 12 update can also cause many system issues, such as the iPhone stuck on the Apple logo, Recovery Mode, DFU mode, iPhone keyboard not working, black or white screen of death, etc. Don’t worry. Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery also can help your fix these iOS system problems. Just download it and try its iOS System Recovery feature.
YouTube Video on How to Recover Lost Data after iOS 12 Update:
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop on iOS 12/11
- 4 Ways to Fix an iPad or iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
- How to Fix iPhone/iPad Keyboard Not Working Problem
- WAV to MP3: 5 Easy Ways to Convert WAV to MP3
- Twitter Video Downloader: Download Twitter Videos & GIF
- Top 5 Best 4K Video Downloader for YouTube
- 5 Best Free Online YouTube Video Downloader 2018
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It
- How to Find URL Link of Video in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram