How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone X/8/7/6s Plus
Clearing useless messages might be a good way to free up space on iPhone. However, it’s very likely to delete important texts by mistake. How to get deleted text messages back? Well fear not, messages don’t really get erased when you deleted them. They are still stays on your iPhone unless overwritten by other data. And you are able to recover deleted text messages from iPhone using one of these tips below.
- Option 1. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages from iTunes Backup
- Option 2. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages from iCloud Backup
- Option 3. Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone without Backup
Option 1. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages from iTunes Backup
If you have previously backed up your iPhone or iPad with iTunes, you can get back deleted iPhone messages by restoring your iDevice.
- In iTunes, go to Edit > Preferences > Devices and make sure Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically is checked.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and click on the device icon once it shows up in iTunes.
- In the Summary section, click Restore Backup… and choose the backup you need, then click Restore.
- All the data you previously backed up will now replace the data on your iPhone, and you can view your deleted text messages.
Option 2. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages from iCloud Backup
If you’ve iCloud Backup turned on and your iPhone has been doing its scheduled backups, you can restore iPhone from iCloud backup to recover deleted texts/iMessages.
- Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup and make sure iCloud Backup is turned on.
- After that, back to Settings > General > Reset and choose Erase All Content and Settings to erase your iPhone.
- Once done, choose to Restore from iCloud Backup during the initial setup steps of your iPhone. Then sign into iCloud and choose a backup.
- Once your backup is restored, you should be able to view deleted texts on your iPhone Message app.
Option 3. Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone without Backup
If you don’t have any backup available, or you don’t want to overwrite the new data added to your iPhone with the old backup, you could try Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery. With it, you can retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone X/8/7/6s/6 Plus or iPad directly without any backup. Also, you can selectively extract text messages from iTunes or iCloud backup without restoring your iDevice.
- Step 1: Download and install iPhone SMS Recovery software on your computer. Then run the program and click on “Data Recovery”.
- Step 2: Choose “Recover from iOS Device” and connect iPhone/iPad to the computer. Then check “Messages & Attachments” and click “Start Scan”.
- Step 3: After the scan, click “Messages” to preview all existing & deleted messages. Then selectively restore deleted messages to iPhone or exported to computer in Excel, CSV, or XML format.
The Bottom Line
Restoring from iTunes or iCloud backup will overwrite the data on your iPhone. You will lose any new data you have added since the backup you’re using to recover from. So you’d better make copies of your photos, videos and any other data you don’t want to lose. Another drawbacks is that you are unable to access specific data in the backup. In such cases, iPhone Data Recovery comes very handy, which can directly scan your iPhone to recover deleted messages, or retrieve specific text messages from iTunes/iCloud backup. Moreover, you can print your iPhone text messages easily.
YouTube Video Demo on How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone:
You May Also Like:
- How to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- [Fixed] Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- iMessage on PC|How to Get/Use iMessage on Windows PC
- iMessage Not Working on Mac, iPhone or iPad? Here’s the Fix
- 2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
- How to Recover & Save Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8/7 Plus
- How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone X/8/7/6s Plus
- HEIC to JPG|How to Convert iOS 11 Photos from HEIC to JPG
- How to Find & Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone/iPad