Tumblr is a dead-simple micro-blogging platform which makes it very easy to post videos, pictures, short quotes, text, links, and blog designs are fully customizable. Also, it acts as a popular social media app, more akin to Twitter, allowing users to interact through likes, reblogs and comments.
Browsing Tumblr is good time pass, and you’re likely to come across lots of funny videos and GIFs you want to save directly to your iPhone. However, there is no in-built download button in Tumblr to allow users download Tumblr videos to iPhone Camera Roll. Fortunately, there are several workarounds that can help you do it with ease. In this post, we’re going to show you 5 easy ways to save videos from Tumblr to iPhone for offline view or to share them in other social media apps. Let’s get started.
Way 1: Using DoDa-HD
DoDa-HD is a video downloader application which can be used to download videos from Tumblr to your iPhone or iPad. However, this app is developed by an unverified third-party and not available to download from the App Store. So, you can follow the steps mentioned below to download and install this app and then save your favorite videos form Tumblr to your device.
- Open Safari on your iPhone and head to http://utp.pw on the address bar, then click on search.
- Tap on the Download on the New App option to download and install the DoDa app on your device.
- Once the installation finishes, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device management and trust “ddid co…” under the Enterprise app section to make DoDa app usable.
- Open the DoDa HD app, go to Tumblr and log into your account (Here we suggest you use an secondary account to reduce the risk).
- Search the Tumblr video that you want to download and play it. Wait for the ad to get finished and the app will show you the option to save the video.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon on the top-left corner to open the navigation drawer and find the downloaded video.
- Now go to Downloaded video > Share > Save video to copy the downloaded video to your iPhone Camera Roll.
Way 2: Using MyMedia
If you don’t want to install app from an unverified source, then you can use MyMedia to download videos from Tumblr to iPhone. It is a free file manager available on the App Store, allowing iOS users to manage multimedia files on their devices. Also, it allows users to browse Tumblr and download Tumblr videos straight to iPhone or iPad’s Camera Roll.
- Open the Tumblr app and look for the video you want to download. Click on the Share button and tap on Copy to copy the video’s link to your iPhone’s clipboard.
- Open the MyMedia app and head to an online video downloader site like TubeOffline, then paste the Tumblr video link into the box.
- Now click on the Get Video button and wait for the site to convert. After that, tap and hold the Download button to save the video
- Click the Download file option to start downloading. The downloaded video can be found in the Media tab.
- To save the video to your iPhone, switch to the Media tab and tap on the recently downloaded video, then click on Save to Camera Roll.
Way 3: Using Dredown
If you don’t want to install any third-party app on your iPhone, you can use Dredown. This website comes with intuitive interface and easy operation, which can be your best choice if you are looking for video downloader to save Tumblr videos to iPhone for offline viewing. Apart from Tumblr, it also supports many other popular social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- Go to the Tumblr app, browse the video you wish to download, right-click on that video and select Copy to copy the Tumblr video URL.
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to Dredown.com. Paste the copied Tumblr video link in the box and hit the Dredown button.
- The site will offer you some available downloading options in different formats and sizes. Choose your preferred one and start saving the Tumblr video.
Way 4: Using iPhone Screen Recorder
If you own a newer model of iPhone that is running on iOS 11 or later, things become much easier. You can make use of built-in iPhone Screen Recording feature to save videos from Tumblr to your iPhone. If this feature is turned on, everything you do with your iPhone will be recorded and your recordings will be saved to your Camera Roll.
- On your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hit the record button.
- Wait for 3 seconds countdown and your iPhone will start to record. The record button will be highlighted.
- Go to Tumblr and play your desired video in full-screen mode. After recording, the video will be automatically saved in your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
Way 5: Using Video Downloader Software
Instead of downloading Tumblr videos directly to your iPhone, you can first download videos from Tumblr onto your computer and then transfer to your iPhone. Fucosoft Video Converter is a professional video downloader for Tumblr and many other video sites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitter, etc. Also, it lets you convert downloaded videos to many formats including MP4, MP3, MOV, AVI and much more. And you can directly transfer downloaded Tumblr videos to your iPhone without need of any other program.
- Download and install Fucosoft Tumblr Video Downloader on your computer, then launch it and click the Download section in the top.
- Go to Tumblr in your browser and find the video you want to download, right click the video and copy its URL.
- Back to the video downloader and click on +Paste URL in the upper-left corner. In the popup window, select your preferred format and resolution, then click Download.
- After the downloading, connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable and click on Add to Transfer to transfer the downloaded to iPhone.
You May Also Like:
- Your complete mobile solution to keep your iPhone/Android running at peak efficiency.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s