As expected, Apple confirmed iOS 13 on stage during its WWDC 2019 keynote. The newest iOS 13 comes with many amazing features and desirable improvements that make your iPhone/iPad even faster and more delightful to use. If you have taken the opportunity to install the iOS 13 to your iPhone or iPad, but facing issues like app crashing or battery draining and now want to revert back to a prior iOS 12 release, you’ve come to the right place. Here we will show you three different ways to downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12 on iPhone. And the approaches can be applied to downgrading iPadOS to iOS 12 as well.
What You Need to Know Before Downgrade
Before you go ahead with the downgrade, it’s important to note that doing this will erase your iPhone or iPad’s data and settings, and you won’t be able to restore using a backup that made whilst the device was running the iOS 13 or iPadOS. Additionally, Apple only permits downgrading your iOS for several weeks after the new version is released. So you’d better downgrade to iOS 12 as soon as possible if you regret the update.
Way 1. Downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12 without iTunes
To downgrade iOS 13 or iPadOS to iOS 12, we strongly recommend you try Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. It is safe, simple to use and works for all iOS device even the latest iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max. You can perform the downgrade in a few clicks and there is no data loss. If you run into issues of iPhone ghost touch, iPhone is disabled, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, Recovery mode, DFU mode, black/white screen after installing the iOS 13. this iOS system repair tool can also help you fix these problems without any hassle.
How to downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12 using iOS System Recovery:
- Download, install and launch Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your PC or Mac, then click on “Standard Mode”.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad with computer and click “Next”. If the device can be detected, go ahead. If not, follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPhone into DFU or Recovery mode.
- After that, the software will provide you with the corresponding official firmware automatically. Choose the right version and click “Download”.
- Once the firmware package is downloaded, click “Start” to begin the system recovery. Then your iPhone will revert back to iOS 12 successfully.
Way 2. Downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12 with iTunes
Another way to delete iOS 13/iPadOS to iOS 12 is using iTunes. This method is a little complicated and you will need to download iOS 12 IPSW file online first. Also, ensure that you have backups of your iPhone or iPad in case anything goes wrong.
How to remove iOS 13/iPadOS profile on iPhone/iPad using iTunes:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your profile > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone.
- Download the iOS 12 IPSW file as per your device model from the official website and save it on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer and run the latest version of iTunes, then click on Summary on the left menu.
- Click the “Restore iPhone (iPad)” button while holding the Shift key on Windows PC or Option Key on Mac to open a window for you to import the IPSW file that you have download.
- From the file browser, select the downloaded iOS 12 IPSW firmware file and click Open”. Then choose “Update” option in the pop-up message.
- iTunes will install the iOS 12 on your iPhone/iPad, wait for the procedure finished. After that, your device will be restarted.
Way 3. Downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12 with Recovery Mode
Alternately, you can put your iPhone/iPad into Recovery mode to easily downgrade to the previous version of iOS 12. Please note that this method will wipe out all of your data, and you’ll have to restore the device from a compatible backup or set it up as a new.
How to uninstall iOS 13 by putting iPhone or iPad into Recovery Mode:
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer and launch iTunes (Ensure that you are running the latest version of iTunes).
- Disable Fine My iPhone and put the device into Recovery Mode. When you are in Recovery Mode, iTunes will pop up asking if you want to Restore or Update.
- Click on “Restore” to erase your device and install the latest version of iOS 12. Wait for the restore process to complete and then start fresh or restore to an iOS 12 backup.
Write In the End
That’s the three ways to downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12 on iPhone or iPad. Fucosoft iOS System Recovery will the best choice for you to remove iOS 13/iPadOS profile without any data loss or stuck issue. Don’t bother making a backup of your iPhone/iPad before you perform the downgrade. Also it is a good practice to do so when you’re upgrading to a new version of iOS. iTunes or iCloud backup takes a long time and won’t allow you to selectively backup specific files. We strongly suggest you try Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore, which can selectively backup data and export backed up files to PC/Mac in one click.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s