With constantly evolving and introducing new features, more and more people enjoying sharing and watching videos on Facebook. According to stats, over 8 billion videos or 100 million hours of videos are watched on Facebook every day. However, videos won’t play on Facebook also happens from time to time due to various reasons. Some users are experiencing difficulties while playing Facebook videos on iPhone or Android phone, for example:
“Why Facebook videos not playing. After I moved to iPhone XR, the videos are not playing in my Facebook account. I uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook app but that does not help. Seek your guidance please.”
“I bought a new pixel XL 2 and while trying to play a video in Facebook it stop after few seconds. I turned off the autoplay video in Facebook settings. I tried force quit app and clear data and cache but still the same issue. Any help is much appreciated.”
“On all other browser Facebook videos plays well, but in Chrome all it does is load and load, never plays. Any solutions? I’ve uninstall Chrome and reinstall it back does not work. Please help.”
It is really frustrating when Facebook videos not playing or loading, but don’t worry, there are solutions out there. In this article, we are going to help you get rid of this Facebook video won’t play problem step by step. Below are 9 practical solutions to resolve the issue of Facebook videos not playing on iPhone, Android or in Chrome:
1. Check Internet Connection
The lifeline of any video streaming service is the availability of network connection, including Facebook. So whenever you suddenly find it difficult to play videos on Facebook, do well first to check your WiFi or network signal on your iPhone, Android or computer. Poor Internet connection or slow network speed can result in Facebook videos not loading or playing issues, thereby costing your time and getting you frustrated.
To get things right in cases like this, you’d better move to a location with better network environment or get a better internet provider, then refresh the page to see if the Facebook begin to play normally.
2. Re-login Facebook Account
Facebook videos won’t play issue sometimes can be solved by logging out and logging back into your Facebook account. Re-logging into your Facebook account can help to bring it back to normal state, which, to some degree, solve the issue of Facebook videos not playing. In case it doesn’t work, you can try to restart your iPhone, Android or computer you’re using, which can also help to fix the problem.
3. Force Stop and Clean Cache (Android)
When meet Facebook videos not playing problem on an Android phone, you can force stop the Facebook app and then clean the app cache. Since the cached data or cookies can slow down the overall functioning of Android system.
Here’s how to force stop Facebook app and clear cache:
- On your Android phone, go to Settings and select Facebook under apps, then click on force stop.
- Back to Facebook app again, clear caches and cookies. Having done all that, try refreshing the page and playing the Facebook video again.
4. Reinstall or Update Facebook App (iPhone & Android)
For Android and iPhone users who face Facebook videos won’t play problem, we suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling the Facebook app. Doing this will help to update the Facebook app to the latest version, thus addressing some issues that might have prevented your Facebook videos from loading or playing. Alternatively, you can also choose to directly update the Facebook app to get away form this issue.
5. Reinstall or Update the Browser
An up-to-date Internet browser is essential for the smooth running of browsing activities, including online video playback. Reinstall or in some cases, update the browser you’re using and your problem with Facebook videos not playing will be over.
Follow the steps below to update most Internet browser:
- For Google Chrome: Click the Customize and Control button in the upper-right corner of the screen > Select Help from the drop-down menu > Select About Google Chrome > Google Chrome will automatically check for updates and update to the recent version > Click Relaunch to restart Chrome and complete the update.
- For Mozilla Firfox: Click the Open menu button in the upper-right corner of the screen > Click the Help option at the bottom > Select About Firefox > Mozilla Firefox will automatically check for updates > Click the Update to button to install the update.
- For Apple Safari: Open the Apple menu > Choose App Store > Click the Updates button in the toolbar > Find Safari and click Update.
- For Opera: Click the Opera icon in the top-left corner of the window > Select About Opera from the drop-down menu > Opera will updated automatically if there is a new version available.
- For Other Internet Browsers:
- Locate your browser’s Help menu or look for the Help section in the main menu of the browser.Then find and locate the Update option under the Help section.
- For browsers without Help section or when it can’t be found, go to the browser’s main menus and search for the Update or Upgrade menu.
- For browsers without a Help, Update or Upgrade section, go to the website of your browser’s developer. In most cases, you’ll find an update option on the site.
6. Switch Device or Browser to Log In
Sometimes, you can solve the problem of Facebook video won’t play when you change to a different browser or device. So if you’re using Chrome currently, try log-in to your Facebook with Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla or Internet Explorer as substitute. Also, you can deal with the problem by log-in into your Facebook account with a different device. Then check if the Facebook video is playing fine after doing this.
7. Close Background Apps (iPhone & Android)
Closing the background apps on your iPhone or Android device can sometimes work like magic when faced with Facebook videos not playing issue. When your apps are running in the background, it can affect the performance of other apps like Facebook, which can cause problems with videos playback.
8. Update Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player ensures the good playback of online videos in browser. If Facebook videos not playing on your computer, you should try to update the Adobe Flash Player on your browser, like Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc. Here you can get the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
9. Download Facebook Video for Offline Playback
Other than watching Facebook videos online ,you can download videos from Facebook for offline playback, then fix the Facebook videos not playing issue. There are many online video downloaders or third-party applications available to do the job. Here we suggest you try Fucosoft Video Converter, a professional video converting and downloading tool that can directly download Facebook videos to your computer then you don’t have to wait until the video loads and plays. Also, it can be used to download videos from YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Dailymotion and 1000+ other video sharing sites. The software is very easy to use, and the quality of the output is excellent.
Here’s how to download videos from Facebook
Download and install the Facebook Video Downlaoder software on your computer, then go on with steps below:
Step 1: Go to Facebook and find the video you want to download. Right-click on the video and choose “Show video URL”. Then right-click on the link in the pop-up box and choose “Copy” to copy the link of Facebook video.
Step 2: Run Fucosoft Facebook Video Downloader on your computer and click “Download” to jump to the download interface. Then click the “+ Paste URL” button to paste the link of Facebook video not playing from your browser.
Step 3: After the analysis is finished, select your desired video resolutions and set the output patch. Finally click the “Download” button to start the Facebook video downloading.
There you have it – 9 practical solutions for fixing Facebook videos not playing on iPhone, Android, or in Chrome. Try any of the methods above when you face an issue of Facebook video not playing or loading next time. If you know any other ways to fix videos won’t play on Facebook, share with us in the comments below.
You May Also Like:
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s