If you are an Instagram user who use its Direct Message often, but delete your important Instagram messages by mistake or due to some other reason, you’re in the right place. In this topic, we are set to discuss this issue: “How can I recover deleted Instagram direct messages?” If you are in the same situation, just read on and find 4 free & easy ways to recover deleted Instagram messages as well as how to recover deleted Instagram photos on iPhone/Android.
Part 1. 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages
Looking for a way to recover deleted Instagram direct messages? Just follow one of the free methods below to get your Instagram message back.
Way 1: Free Recover Instagram Messages from User Whom You’ve Sent
When you delete Direct Messages on Instagram, you have only deleted the chat or messages from your own side then they are still available on other user’s Instagram to whom you have sent it. So the easiest way to recover deleted Instagram DM is to ask that person to send you the chats or messages if they were not deleted from their account.
Way 2: Recover Instagram Messages with Connected Facebook Account
If the Instagram messages have been wiped away from that person whom you have sent, the above method will not work for you. If you have connected your Facebook and Instagram account with each other, don’t worry, you can access and go through your Facebook’s Inbox to check out and manage your Instagram messages easily. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Facebook official site and sign in with your Facebook account, then check the Facebook Inbox.
- On the left menu bar, tap on the Instagram Direct icon and you will find your Instagram Direct messages here.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages Manually
If you haven’t connect Facebook with your Instagram account, take it easy, there is another chance to recover your deleted Instagram messages. Instagram add a function that allows you to download all the data you shared on Instagram, including direct messages, photos, videos, comments, etc. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Instagram website page, login to it with your Instagram account and password.
- Click the Profile icon at the top-right corner and then click the Settings icon.
- Select “Privacy and Security” in the pop-up windows, then scroll down to find “Data Download”.
- Click on “Request Download”, you will be asked to verify your identity, just tap on “Log In Again” and enter your account information.
- After that, enter your email address to receive the link to a file with your photos, comments, profile information and more data on Instagram, then click “Next”.
- Now enter your Instagram password and click “Request Download”. Then you will receive an email from Instagram with the subject “Your Instagram Data”.
- Open the email and click “Download Data”, a ZIP file with all the data you shared on Instagram will be downloaded to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file and locate the “messages.json” file, open it with a text editor and find the Instagram messages you want to recover.
Please note that Instagram can only work on one request from your account at a time, and it may take up to 48 hours to collect the data and send it to you. So, you need to wait patient to receive the email.
Way 4: Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages Online
This method entails the usage of an Instagram Message Recovery online site, which is said to be developed by a previous Instagram employee. It allows you to recover deleted Instagram direct messages online by logging into your Instagram account. Below are the steps:
- Go to the Instagram Message Recovery online site, and enter your Instagram username or Profile URL.
- After logging into your Instagram account, tap on “Recover Messages” to begin the recovery process.
- Finish the human verification to prove that you are indeed a human being, then you can recover deleted Instagram messages.
Please note that the human verification may request you to answer 40 or more questions and the recovered Instagram Messages will be downloaded in a ZIP format. This free Instagram Message Recovery online site has some bugs meanwhile. For example, many users reported that they failed to pass the human verification, and the whole recovery process is very slow. Besides, the website will often pop up some annoying ads. If you find any problem with this site, please let us know in the comment section below. We’ll try to contact the site owner to solve the problems. Anyway, good luck to you.
People also read:
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on iPhone/Android
Hope you have recovered your Instagram deleted messages with the above free ways. You can also recover deleted Instagram photos and videos with third-party data recovery tools. Keep reading and learn the details.
Option 1. How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery is the the best choice to help you recover deleted Instagram photos from iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch, etc.
Why Choose Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover photos, videos, messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Kik, Line, notes, Safari History and more from iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Directly recover data from iPhone/iPad, or extract data from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- Preview data in details before recovery and selectively recover what you need only.
- Works on all iOS devices and fully compatible with the latest iOS 13.
How to Use Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery
Step 1: Download this Instagram Photo Recovery software for iPhone, install and run it on your PC/Mac. Then choose “Recover from iOS Device”.
Step 2: Click on “Start” and connect your iPhone or iPad to computer via USB cable, then wait for this program to recognize the device and click “Next” to continue.
Step 3: Now select the data types like Photos, Videos that you want to recover and click “Scan” to begin scanning the deleted files on your iPhone/iPad.
Step 4: After scanning, you can preview all scanned iPhone data including the Instagram photos. Select the pictures you need and click “Recover” to recover deleted Instagram photos from iPhone to computer.
People also read:
Option 2. How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on Android
If you are an Android user, Fucosoft Android Data Recovery can help you do it. This program makes it easier to recover deleted Instagram photos from popular Android devices even the latest Samsung Galaxy S10/Note 10+, Huawei P30/Mate 30 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9, Google Pixel 3, Asus ZenFone 6, etc.
Why Choose Fucosoft Android Data Recovery
- Recover deleted photos, videos, contacts, text messages, call history, WhatsApp and documents from Android devices.
- Recover deleted files from Android internal memory as well as SD card/SIM card.
- Able to recover data lost due to accidental deletion, rooting error, formatting, factory reset, system crash, virus attack, etc.
- Very easy to use and support Android devices running on Android 10 Q/9 P etc.
How to Use Fucosoft Android Data Recovery
Step 1: Download, install and run this powerful Android Instagram Photo Recovery, then select the “Android Data Recovery” option on the main interface.
Step 2: Enable USB debugging on your Android phone and connect the device to the computer via USB cable. The program will automatically detect the device.
Step 3: Choose the file types you want to recover like Gallery, Videos, Contacts, Messages, etc. and click “Next” to begin scanning data on your Android.
Step 4: After the scan, preview & select the photos and other data you need to recover, then click “Recover” to save them on your computer.
People also read:
Part 3. Backup WhatsApp/LINE/Viber/Kik/Wechat Messages in 1-Click
To avoid such annoying data loss situation, we suggest you back up your Social App data regularly. It is very simple to get a copy of all your WhatsApp, LINE, Viber, Kik, WeChat chat history on iPhone/Android. Just get dr.fone – Restore Social App to handle your Social app chats easily and flexibly. You can preview and check the backup and export it to your computer as an HTML file for reading or printing. Also, you are able to restore the backup to your iPhone or Android devices at any time you need.
Here we will take WhatsApp as example to show you how to make a backup:
- Download and install the dr.fone – Restore Social App program on your computer. Connect your iPhone or Android to the computer using USB cable.
- Once your device is recognized, go to the “Restore Social App” section and then select “WhatsApp” from the left blue menu.
- Click on the “Backup” button and keep your device connected, the program will back up WhatsApp messages automatically.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s