If you are an Instagram user who use its Direct Message often, but delete your important Instagram DM by mistake or due to some other reason, you’re in the right place. In this topic, we are set to discuss this issue: “How can I recover deleted Instagram direct messages?” If you are in the same situation, just read on and find the solution to recover deleted Instagram Direct Messages online, or on iPhone/Android phones.
Way 1. Retrieve Instagram Messages from User Whom You’ve Sent
When you delete Direct Messages on Instagram, you have only deleted the chat or messages from your own side then they are still available on other user’s Instagram to whom you have sent it. So the easiest way to recover deleted Instagram DM is to ask that person to send you the chats or messages if they were not deleted from their account.
Way 2. Access Your Messages on Instagram via Facebook
If the Instagram messages have been wiped away from that person whom you have sent, the above method will not work for you. Don’t worry if you have connected your Facebook and Instagram account with each other. You can access and go through your Facebook’s inbox to check out and manage your Instagram messages easily.
Part 3. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Online
This method entails the usage of an online Instagram Message Recovery, which is said to be developed by a previous Instagram employee. It allows you to recover deleted Instagram direct messages online by logging into your Instagram account. Below are the steps:
- Go to the Instagram Message Recovery online site, and enter your Instagram username or Profile URL.
- After logging into your Instagram account, tap on “Recover Messages” to begin the recovery process.
- Finish the human verification to prove that you are indeed a human being, then you can recover deleted Instagram messages.
Important Note: All the recovered Instagram Messages will be downloaded in a ZIP format. This free online site has some bugs meanwhile. For example, many users reported that they failed to pass the human verification, and the whole recovery process is very slow. Besides, the website will often pop up some annoying ads. If you find any problem with this site, please let us know in the comment section below. We’ll try to contact the site owner to solve the problems. Anyway, good luck to you.
Part 4. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages on iPhone
To view and recover deleted Instagram messages, another option is using a third-party Instagram message recovery tool. If you are an iPhone user, Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery is the the best choice to help you recover deleted Instagram direct messages from iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus, iPad Pro, etc (iOS 12/13 supported). Let’s check the steps below:
- Download Fucosoft Instagram Direct Message Recovery software for iPhone, install and run it on your PC/Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer via USB cable and wait for this program to recognize the device.
- Click “Start Scan” to scan the detailed files on your iPhone/iPad. After scanning, you can preview all scanned iPhone data including the Instagram messages.
- Select the Instagram messages you want to recover and click “Recover” to restore deleted Instagram messages from iPhone to computer.
People also read:
- How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- How to Recover & Save Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
Part 5. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages on Android
What if you are using an Android phone and need to recover deleted Instagram messages on it? Don’t worry. Fucosoft Android Data Recovery can help you do it. This program makes it easier to recover deleted Instagram messages from popular Android devices even the latest Samsung Galaxy S10/Note 10, Galaxy Fold, Huawei Mate X, P30, Mate 20/30, Motorola Moto Z3/Z4, LG V50 ThinQ, ZTE Axon 10 Pro, Xiaomi Mi MIX 3, Oppo Reno, OnePlus 7 Pro, etc. Follow the steps below:
- Run Fucosoft Android Instagram Message Recovery and select the “Android Data Recovery” option.
- Connect your Android phone to it via USB cable. The program will automatically detect the device.
- Choose the file types you want to recover and click “Next” to begin scanning data on your Android.
- After the scan, preview and select the data you need to recover, then click “Recover” to get them back.
People also read:
- WhatsApp Recovery Android: Restore WhatsApp Chat History on Android
- How to Recover & Video Old Snapchat Photos, Videos on Android
Important Note: Currently, both Fucosoft iPhone & Android Data Recovery still have problems to recover deleted Instagram direct messages. Our technicians are working hard on this issue. Sorry for any inconvenience. If possible, you can still keep the programs as they are professional to recover other deleted files, including text messages, contacts, call history, WhatsApp, Viber, photos, videos, etc.
Bonus Tip: Backup WhatsApp/LINE/Viber/Kik/Wechat Messages in 1-Click
To avoid such annoying data loss situation, we suggest you back up your Social App data regularly. It is very simple to get a copy of all your WhatsApp, LINE, Viber, Kik, WeChat chat history on iPhone/Android. Just get dr.fone – Restore Social App to handle your Social app chats easily and flexibly. You can preview and check the backup and export it to your computer as an HTML file for reading or printing. Also, you are able to restore the backup to your iPhone or Android devices at any time you need.
Here we will take WhatsApp as example to show you how to make a backup:
- Download and install the dr.fone – Restore Social App program on your computer. Connect your iPhone or Android to the computer using USB cable.
- Once your device is recognized, go to the “Restore Social App” section and then select “WhatsApp” from the left blue menu.
- Click on the “Backup” button and keep your device connected, the program will back up WhatsApp messages automatically.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover deleted or lost data from iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- How to Direct Message on Instagram from Computer (PC & Mac)
- How to Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages (Online/iPhone/Android)
- How to Unlock, Bypass or Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 8 Best FRP Bypass Tools to Bypass Google Account Verification 2019
- How to Go Live on Tik Tok on Android/iPhone in 2019
- How to Downgrade iOS 13 Beta to iOS 12 on iPhone or iPad
- How to Fix an iPhone Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Network
- Best Launched and Upcoming 5G Mobile Phones List 2019
- 5 Best Free YouTube Video Downloader Apps for Android 2019
- How to Delete Photos from iPhone But Keep Them on iCloud