Instagram Message Recovery: Recover Deleted Instagram DM on iPhone/Android
Instagram, the most popular mobile photo-sharing app, has more than 700 million users all over the world. But for Instagram Direct, people may not be familiar with it. Well, Direct Message or DM is a private messaging feature for Instagram launched in December 2013. It lets you send photos, videos or just plain text messages to anyone you’re following. Instagram Direct Message feature is useful if you have a lot of followers and need to share specific information with specific people. If you are an Instagram user who use its Direct Message often, but delete your important Instagram DM by mistake or due to some other reason, you’re in the right place. In this topic, we are set to discuss this issue: “How can I recover deleted Instagram direct messages?” If you are in the same situation, just read on and find the solution to recover deleted Instagram Direct Messages on iPhone or Android phone.
- Part 1. Retrieve Instagram Messages from User Whom You’ve Sent
- Part 2. Access Your Messages on Instagram via Facebook
- Part 3. Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages Online
- Part 4. Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages on iPhone
- Part 5. Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages on Android
Part 1. Retrieve Instagram Messages from User Whom You’ve Sent
When you delete Direct Messages on Instagram, you have only deleted the chat or messages from your own side then they are still available on other user’s Instagram to whom you have sent it. So the easiest way to recover deleted Instagram DM is to ask that person to send you the chats or messages if they were not deleted from their account.
Part 2. Access Your Messages on Instagram via Facebook
If the Instagram messages have been wiped away from that person whom you have sent, the above method will not work for you. Don’t worry if you have connected your Facebook and Instagram account with each other. You can access and go through your Facebook’s inbox to check out and manage your Instagram messages easily.
Part 3. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Online
This method entails the usage of an online Instagram Message Recovery, which is said to be developed by a previous Instagram employee. It allows you to recover deleted Instagram direct messages online by logging into your Instagram account. Below are the steps:
- Go to the Instagram Message Recovery online site, and enter your Instagram username or Profile URL.
- After logging into your Instagram account, tap on “Recover Messages” to begin the recovery process.
- Finish the human verification to prove that you are indeed a human being, then you can recover deleted Instagram messages.
Important Note: All the recovered Instagram Messages will be downloaded in a ZIP format. This free online site has some bugs meanwhile. For example, many users reported that they failed to pass the human verification, and the whole recovery process is very slow. Besides, the website will often pop up some annoying ads. If you find any problem with this site, please let us know in the comment section below. We’ll try to contact the site owner to solve the problems. Anyway, good luck to you.
Part 4. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages on iPhone
To view and recover deleted Instagram messages, another option is using a third-party Instagram message recovery tool. If you are an iPhone user, Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery is the the best choice to help you recover deleted Instagram direct messages from iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus, iPad Pro, etc (iOS 12 supported). Let’s check the steps below:
- Download this Instagram Direct Message Recovery software for iPhone, install and run it on your PC/Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer via USB cable and wait for this program to recognize the device.
- Click “Start Scan” to scan the detailed files on your iPhone/iPad. After scanning, you can preview all scanned iPhone data including the Instagram messages.
- Select the Instagram messages you want to recover and click “Recover” to restore deleted Instagram messages from iPhone to computer.
People also read:
- How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- How to Recover & Save Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
Part 5. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages on Android
What if you are using an Android phone and need to recover deleted Instagram messages on it? Don’t worry. Fucosoft Android Data Recovery can help you do it. This program makes it easier to recover deleted Instagram messages from Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 9, HTC U12+, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Google Pixel 3 XL, LG G7, OnePlus 6T, Sony, Moto, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc. Follow the steps below:
- Run this powerful Android Instagram Message Recovery and select the “Android Data Recovery” option.
- Connect your Android phone to it via USB cable. The program will automatically detect the device.
- Choose the file types you want to recover and click “Next” to begin scanning data on your Android.
- After the scan, preview and select the data you need to recover, then click “Recover” to get them back.
People also read:
- WhatsApp Recovery Android: Restore WhatsApp Chat History on Android
- How to Recover & Video Old Snapchat Photos, Videos on Android
Important Note: Currently, both Fucosoft iPhone & Android Data Recovery still have problems to recover deleted Instagram direct messages. Our technicians are working hard on this issue. Sorry for any inconvenience. If possible, you can still keep the programs as they are professional to recover other deleted files, including text messages, contacts, call history, WhatsApp, Viber, photos, videos, etc.
Bonus Tip: How to Backup Instagram Photos/Videos and More
To avoid such annoying data loss situation, we suggest you back up Instagram data regularly. It is very simple to get a copy of all your Instagram photos, videos, messages, comments, profile information and more. Just go to your Profile > Settings > Data Download and enter your email address. Another way to backup all your important data on iPhone or Android phone is by using third-party program. Fucosoft Fone Toolkit is for both iPhone and Android users to one click backup important contents and easily restore data whenever there is need for it. Just click the buttons below to get this program and have a try now.
You May Also Like:
- Your Complete Mobile Solution
- Full solution to meet various demands on iPhone/Android devices, such as recovery, transfer, backup, unlock, repair, etc.
- 5 Easy Ways to Download Tumblr Videos and GIFs on iPhone/iPad
- How to Direct Message on Instagram from Computer (PC & Mac)
- How to Get Zedge Ringtones on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X
- How to Download & Save Facebook Videos to iPhone/iPad
- Instagram Message Recovery: Recover Deleted Instagram DM on iPhone/Android
- How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages/Chat History on Android
- Samsung Recovery: Recover Lost Data from Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 9
- iPhone Contacts Disappeared? How to Restore Contacts on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- Instagram Video Downloader: Save Instagram Videos to PC/Mac
- Top 7 Best Free YouTube Video Downloader 2019