As useful as it is, WhatsApp lacks a video call recording feature. There is a good reason why this feature is non-existent on the app since it can be misused in a lot of ways, but there are times when you really need to record a WhatsApp call. Maybe the conversation on the call is vital to a project you are working on and you want to use the call as a reference point.
Whatever the reason you need to record WhatsApp video calls, you’ll find this article very useful. In it, we will discuss the various ways you can get a recording of your WhatsApp video calls on iPhone or Android.
Part 1. Record WhatsApp Video Calls on Android
To record WhatsApp calls on your Android device, you may need to rely on third-party apps. This is because recording calls on Android devices isn’t always easy, especially if your device doesn’t have enabled the VoIP call recording feature. The best app to record WhatsApp video calls on your Android phone is Call Cube Recorder. Here’s how to use it:
Step 1: Install the Call Cube Recorder from the Google Play Store. The app is free to download, although there may be some in-app purchases. Give the app all necessary permissions it requires.
Step 2: Now when you open WhatsApp to make a video call, you should see a widget appear on the screen. If the widget doesn’t show up automatically, click on the microphone to begin recording the call.
Please Note: If the recording doesn’t have any audio, click on the menu and open “Recording.” Switch the VoIP recording audio source to “Microphone”. You can also use this app to record cell phone calls on your device.
Part 2. Record WhatsApp Video Calls on iPhone
Because of privacy concerns, it is not quite easy to record WhatsApp or even cellular calls on your iPhone. Luckily, there is a workaround. But we must warn you that it is quite tedious and may involve your Mac and a second iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the Mac and then open “QuickTime”. Click on “File” and select “New Audio Recording”. Choose your iPhone as the source of the recording and then click “Record”.
Step 2: On your iPhone, make a WhatsApp video call to the second iPhone. Once you are connected, you can add another person to the call using the WhatsApp group calling feature.
Step 3: Once the conversation is complete, stop the recording on QuickTime and don’t forget to save it.
Part 3. Transfer, Backup & Restore WhatsApp on iPhone/Android
If you would like a tool that allows you to manage all aspects of your WhatsApp account including backing up WhatsApp chats, restoring the WhatsApp messages and even transferring WhatsApp data between devices, we recommend using Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer. This is the ultimate WhatsApp data manage tool and the following are just some of the features that make it the best tool to use:
- It can be used to create a full backup of WhatsApp chats on your device to the computer.
- It also allows you to easily restore the same WhatsApp backup on to the device as you like.
- It is also quite useful in the transfer of WhatsApp data between devices. With it, you can transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android, Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android and iPhone to iPhone.
- It can also backup data from other social messaging apps like LINE, Viber, Kik and WeChat.
To use Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer, download and install the program on to your computer and then follow these simple steps depending on what you need to do:
Option 1: To Backup WhatsApp Data
- Launch the program after installation and select “WhatsApp” from the home interface. Click on “Backup” to continue.
- Connect your iPhone or Android to the computer using USB cable. and wait for the program to detect the device.
- The backup process will begin immediately. Simply keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete. Once the backup is complete, click on “View it” to see the backup file.
Option 2: To Restore WhatsApp Backup
- In the main window, select “WhatsApp”.
- Connect your device to the computer and then wait for the program to detect the device. Select the suitable backup to restore the device from the backups listed on the next window.
- Click “Restore Now” to begin restoring the backup to the device. Keep the device connected until the process is complete.
Option 3: To Transfer WhatsApp Data between Devices
- Select “WhatsApp” from the main interface and then connect both devices to the computer using USB cables.
- Make sure that the device you want to transfer from is the “Source” and the device you want to transfer to is the “Destination” device. Click on “Flip” if the order is not correct.
- Now simply click “Transfer” and the program will begin transferring the WhatsApp messages. This process may erase any existing WhatsApp data on the destination device. So before the process can continue, click “Yes” to confirm you understand that.
- The transfer process will begin immediately. Keep the devices connected until the process is completed. The program will notify you once the process is complete.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7