“Why I am not getting WhatsApp notifications on my iPhone X? How do I fix the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!”
Sometimes you may unable to get notifications on your iPhone or Android phone when you have received WhatsApp messages. This is quite annoying since you won’t be able to check your WhatsApp and reply to the messages in time. While this problem is very common and there are several causes behind it, such as, unstable internal connection, incorrect app settings, outdated app, data restrictions, or firmware errors etc.
Then how to solve the problem? In this article, we are going to share 7 effective tips to help you fix the WhatsApp notifications not working issue and get it working properly again on your iPhone or Android device.
Tip 1: Check Network Connection
You won’t be able to get WhatsApp notifications if your device is not connected to a network or it is connected to an unstable network. It is therefore important to check your network connection status, or switching to another wireless network if the one you are on is unstable. You should also consider resetting the network settings. Here’s how to do that on iPhone and Android device:
For Android Devices: Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Network Settings Reset and tap on “Reset settings” to remove the saved network.
For iOS Devices: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and then confirm by entering the device’s passcode in the pop-up.
Please also ensure that the Airplane mode, Do Not Disturb and Low Power/Power Saving Mode are not enabled on your device. All these features can turn off the internet connectivity and then you won’t be able to receive any WhatsApp messages, calls or notifications.
Tip 2: Turn on WhatsApp Notification
In case that you are able to get notifications from other apps but not from WhatsApp, you should check if you have enabled Notification within the WhatsApp app as well as your device’s settings.
From WhatsApp Settings: Open WhatsApp and navigate to Settings > Notifications and toggle the switch next to Message and Group Notification to turn it on. Also ensure the notification is not set to silent.
From Device’s Settings:
- On iPhone, open the Settings app and locate Notification, then find out WhatsApp and toggle on “Allow Notifications”.
- On Android, head to Settings > App Manager > WhatsApp and in the App info page, check the option of “Show notifications”.
Tip 3: Reset WhatsApp Notification
You can also fix this issue by resetting the WhatsApp Notification to default settings. To do that, follow these simple steps:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android device and then click on the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- Tap on “Settings” and then select “Notifications”.
- Tap on the three-dot menu again and then choose “Reset Notifications Settings” to reset the notifications and get them working normally.
If you are using an iPhone, just open WhatsApp and go to Notifications, then tap on “Reset Notifications Settings” > “Reset” to reset all notifications settings for your WhatsApp chats.
Tip 4: Stop WhatsApp and Restart Your Phone
It is also possible that you are having WhatsApp notification issues caused by temporary glitches with the app. In this case, the best course of action would be stopping WhatsApp and then restart the device. Here’s how to force close WhatsApp on both Android and iPhone:
Android Devices: Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Force Stop and then restart the phone to see if the problem has been fixed.
iOS Devices: Double tap on the home button and swipe up on WhatsApp to close it. Then follow the steps below to force restart your iPhone:
- For iPhone 6 and earlier: Press and hold the power and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen and the device restarts.
- Force iPhone 7 and 7 plus: Press and hold the power (side) and the volume down button together until the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 8 and later: Press and release the volume up button, press and hold the volume down button and then press and hold the side button until the Apple Logo appears.
Tip 5: Clear WhatsApp Caches (Android Only)
Cache files are helpful in helping you start apps quickly. But they can also cause the apps to run slower than normal or face a lot of issues. Sometimes, the WhatsApp notification may be delayed by caches on your Android phone. In this case, you can clear these cache files to get WhatsApp working properly. To do that, go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp and then tap “Clear Cache” as well as “Clear Data” if necessary.
You can also remove the cache by deleting the app from the device completely and then re-installing it.
Tip 6: Logout from WhatsApp Web
It is very likely that you are unable to get the notifications on your mobile device because the notifications are being sent to WhatsApp Web. This typically happens when you forget to log out of WhatsApp Web. Therefore, you may need to log out of WhatsApp web before continuing. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Open WhatsApp on your device and then tap on the three dots at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Tap “WhatsApp Web” and then select the “Log out from all Computers” to sign out of WhatsApp Web.
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings, then tap on “WhatsApp Web/Desktop”.
- Tap on “Log out from all devices” and then choose “Log Out” from the pop-up.
Tip 7: Update or Reinstall WhatsApp
Updating WhatsApp on your device is one of the best ways to get rid of some of the glitches that could be causing the problem. Deleting and then reinstalling the app can also help to fix these issues. Here’s how to do that for Android and iOS devices:
For Android Devices:
- Tap and hold on the WhatsApp icon and drag it to the trash bin to uninstall the app. You can also go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Uninstall to remove the application.
- Then go to the Google Play Store to download and install the latest version of WhatsApp on to your device.
For iOS Devices:
Long press on the WhatsApp icon and then tap on the “X” at the top to delete the app. Then go to the App store to download and reinstall the app.
Extra Tip: Backup WhatsApp Chats
It is always a good idea to back up all WhatsApp chats before attempting any of the solutions outlined above. This backup will act as a safeguard in case something goes wrong during the repair process and you lose important WhatsApp data on your device. One of the best tools to backup WhatsApp chats is Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore and the following are some of its key features:
- It is useful in creating a full backup of WhatsApp data on your device to the computer.
- You can also use it to restore the same backup to your device without uninstalling the WhatsApp app.
- It is also quite helpful in the transfer of WhatsApp data between devices, even cross-OS like iPhone to Android or Android to iPhone.
- It works well on all iPhone and Android devices, even the latest iPhone 11/11 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S10, Huawei P40, etc.
Here’s how to backup WhatsApp chats on your iPhone/Android:
Step 1: Download and install Fucosoft WhatsApp Backup on to your computer and connect your device using USB cable. Run the program and in the main window, select “Backup & Restore” to begin the process.
Step 2: Now choose the “Backup WhatsApp” option to begin the backup process. The backup process will take several minutes depends on the WhatsApp data size.
Step 3: Keep the device connected until the process is complete. The program will notify you when the WhatsApp messages has been backed up successfully onto your computer.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s