“My iPhone passcode not working and locked me out of the phone. What should I do? Please help!”
A passcode on your iPhone is an important security measure to protect your device and the data on it. But like most other features, the passcode on your iPhone can be prone to problems. Sometimes, your iPhone passcode may fail to work as expected or iPhone password changing itself, then you are locked out of your device. This problem can often happen soon after an iOS 14 update, but there are a lot of other reasons why this problem can occur.
Regardless of the reasons why the passcode on iPhone not working properly, the following are some of the most effective solutions you can try to fix the problem. Read on and choose the suitable one based on your situation.
Way 1: Fix iPhone Passcode Not Working with Force Restarting
Passcode not working on iPhone is often caused by software issues. And the easiest way to overcome the bugs that cause these software issues is to force restart the device. Here’s how to force restart your iPhone:
- iPhone 8 and later: Press and then quickly release the Volume Up button and do the same with the Volume Down button. Now press the Power (Side) button until the Apple logo appears and the device restarts.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 6 and earlier: Press and hold the Power button as we all as the Home button together until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
Way 2: Fix iPhone Passcode Not Working with iTunes Restoring
You might also be able to fix this problem by restoring the iPhone in iTunes since doing this will erase all data saved on the device including the old passcode. Then you’ll able to set a new passcode to access your iPhone. Here’s how to do that:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and open iTunes. When prompted to enter the passcode, try using another computer you’ve synced with or put the device in recovery mode.
- Allow iTunes to sync with the iPhone and create a backup. Once the backup is complete, click “Restore iPhone”.
- Once the restore process is complete, set up the device as new and restore the device from a recent backup.
Way 3: Fix iPhone Passcode Not Working with iCloud Restoring
If you have set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you will be able to remove the passcode by erasing the device in iCloud. Please note that this will wipe all existing data saved on your iPhone. Follow steps outlined below to do it:
- Go to iCloud.com/find on another iOS device or your computer.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and password and then select “All Devices”.
- Choose the device you want to erase and then tap “Erase iPhone” to erase it including the passcode.
- After that, choose if you want to restore the device from a backup or set up the device as new.
Note: Your device has to be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network to erase it using Find My iPhone.
Way 4: Fix iPhone Passcode Not Working with Recovery Mode
If you are unable to erase the device using iTunes or iCloud, don’t worry, you can fix the issue by putting your iPhone into recovery mode and erasing it including the passcode. Follow these simple steps to do it:
Step 1: Open iTunes and then connect one end of your iPhone’s lightning cable to the computer.
Step 2: Once your iPhone is connected, put the device in recover mode using one of the following processes depending on the device’s model:
- For iPhone 8 and later: turn off the device and then press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Do the same with the Volume Down button and keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: turn off the device and while connecting it to the computer, keep holding the Side button and Volume Down button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 6 or earlier: turn off the device and connect it to the computer while holding the Home button and Power button together until the recovery mode screen appears on the screen.
Step 3: When iTunes detects the device in recovery mode, click on “Restore” in the pop-up to erase the device including its passcode. Keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete.
Keep in mind that this process will cause complete data loss on your iPhone. If the restore process takes more than 15 minutes, the device may have exited recovery mode and you’ll have to start all over again.
Way 5: Fix iPhone Passcode Not Working without iTunes/iCloud
If the solutions above don’t work for you, you can rely on a third-party tool to fix iPhone passcode not working after update. Here we strongly recommend Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker, a powerful yet simple to use unlocking tool that can help you unlock iPhone or iPad without knowing the password and then you’re able to set a new one. It is a great solution when you’re locked out of iPhone/iPad.
Some of the program’s most notable features include the following:
- It supports to remove various screen locks on iOS device, such as 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, etc.
- It can help you remove the passcode on an iPhone that is disabled, screen broken or locked.
- It can unlock an Apple ID/iCloud lock without the password on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- You can use it to quickly bypass Screen Time or Restrictions passcode without losing data on the device
- The program works well on all iPhone models including iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s running on iOS 14/13.
If you would like to use this iPhone Unlocking tool and you think that it may be a little expensive, here is a valid 30% coupon code for you:
Here’s how to remove the passcode on your iPhone or iPad:
Step 1: Download Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker to your computer, then install and launch the program. In the primary interface, click on “Unlock Screen Passcode”.
Step 2: Click “Start” and then connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer with USB cable. Once the program detects the device, click on “Next” to continue.
Step 3: The program will prompt you to download the latest firmware for the device. Click “Download” to begin downloading the firmware. Once the firmware has been downloaded, click on “Start to Extract”.
Step 4: Now click on “Start Unlock” and the program will begin unlocking the device. Keep the device connected to the computer until the program notifies you that the process is complete.
When your iPhone passcode is not working, we suggest you first backup the device with iTunes or third-party tool like Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore. This is an important step that will help you safeguard the data on the device in case something goes wrong. Once you have a complete backup of all the data on your device, you are ready to implement some of the solutions mentioned above to fix iPhone passcode not working problem.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7