Whenever a new update is released by Apple, it comes with new features and bug fixes that you don’t want to miss out on. But while updating your iPhone or iPad is easy, sometimes you can run into some problems. One common problem is the “Unable to Verify Update” when your iOS 16 update fails because you are no longer connected to the internet.
Here, we will share with you some of the best ways to fix this issue of “Unable to Verify Update: iOS 16 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet” and continue updating your iPhone to the latest iOS 16.
Best Tool to Install iOS 16 Update without Data Loss
Whatever problem you are having with the iOS update process, your best option to fix the problem and continue updating your iPhone normally is using Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. This is a reliable and powerful iOS system repair tool that will fix the underlying cause of the problem, allowing you to fix the device once and for all and continue with the iOS update process without additional problems.
It is very easy to use and will work for iPhone running all versions of iOS including iOS 16/15. Follow these simple steps to fix this problem with Fucosoft iOS System Recovery;
Step 1: Download and install Fucosoft iOS System Recovery onto your computer. Once it is installed, open the program and click on the “Standard Mode” from the options on the screen.
Step 2: Use a USB or lightning cable to connect the iPhone to the computer. Once the device is connected, click “Next” and wait for the program to detect the connected device.
Step 3: In the next window, you will see different types of firmware for your device. Select the most suitable version for your device and click on “Download” to begin downloading the firmware you need to fix the device.
Step 4: When the firmware download is complete, click on “Start” to begin repairing the device. When the device restarts, all software issues will have been resolved and you can now update the device to the latest version of iOS without any issues.
Simple Tips to Fix iOS 16 Update Not Connected to Internet
If you would rather not use a third-party software, the following are some of the simple troubleshooting steps that you can try;
1. Check Wi-Fi Connection
You will not be able to update iPhone to the latest version of iOS if the device is not connected to a stable network. Therefore, avoid using a cellular data network to update the iPhone and instead find the most stable Wi-Fi connection to use.
If you are already using a Wi-Fi connection, double-check the router to make sure there aren’t any issues. You can also try restarting the router before trying to connect to it again. If the problem is not the network connection, try our next solution.
2. Turn Airplane Mode On and Off
Turning Airplane mode on and off is one of the best ways to refresh the network connection and get your iPhone connected to your network.
- Just go to your iPhone’s Settings and find Airplane Mode.
- Toggle the switch to turn it on. This will turn off all connections on the device including Wi-Fi.
- After a few seconds, toggle that same switch again to turn it off and allow the device to reconnect to the network.
3. Reset Network Settings
If you are still seeing the same problem even after using the Airplane Mode solution above, there could be a much deeper problem with the network connectivity issue. One of the best ways to fix such problem is to reset the network settings.
- To do that, open the Settings app on your iPhone and then click “General.”
- From the options that appear select “Transfer or Reset iPhone.”
- Choose “Reset” and then select “Reset Network Settings” to complete the process.
When the device restarts, try to update it again to see if the issue has been resolved.
4. Force Restart Your iPhone
One of the best ways to fix system glitches that can cause problems like this one is to force restart the iPhone. This is because a force restart will refresh the device’s memory and remove any system bugs that may affect its normal function.
Here’s how to force restart iPhone 8 or later;
- Press and then just as quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Do the same with the Volume down button.
- Then press and hold down the Power button until the Apple Logo appears.
5. Remove the Update and Download Again
You may also experience problems with the iOS update process if you had downloaded the update previously, but for one reason or another, you were unable to install it. In this case, the best thing to do is delete the previous update and download it again.
The following simple steps will show you how to do that;
- Open the Settings App and select “General.” In the options that appear, select “iPhone Storage.”
- Locate the iOS update that you downloaded and delete it.
- Then return to the Settings app and choose “Software Update” to update the device again.
6. Install Update via iTunes/Finder
If you are still unable to update the iPhone via the Settings App, then you can connect the device to your PC/Mac and use iTunes or Finder to complete the iOS update process. This will eliminate any network connectivity issues that could be keeping you from updating the device since iTunes and Finder will update the device using a wired connection.
7. Check Apple System Status
You may also be seeing this particular error not because your device is not connected to the internet, but because it is unable to connect to the Apple servers where the iOS update lives.
This can happen if there are too many people trying to update their devices at the same time. You can go to Apple System Status page to check the system status of the server.
Bonus Tip: Back Up iPhone before Updating to iOS 16
An iOS update can come with so many problems, enough to put your data at risk of loss. This is why we recommend having a separate backup of all the data on your iPhone before trying to update it. This will help to keep the data on your device safe if something goes wrong with the update process.
One of the best solutions to backup all the data on your iPhone is Fucosoft Free iOS Backup & Restore. This third-party backup tool will allow you to create a complete backup of all the data on your iPhone to your computer and transfer the data back to your device at a later time.
The Bottom Line
iOS updates are very important and you want to update your iPhone to the latest version as soon as an iOS update becomes available. But sometimes the process can be more trouble than it’s worth. If you are unable to update your iPhone to the latest version because of a network connection problem, the solutions we have outlined here should be able to help.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7