Are you constantly being bombarded with the iMessage is signed out error on your iPhone? It’s frustrating, isn’t it? The recurring sign-out issue prevents you from sending messages, leading to inconvenience. You’ve come to the right spot to troubleshoot this iMessage is signed out error. This article offers a comprehensive guide to resolve this persistent problem. Stay with us!
Why Is My iMessage Signed Out?
There are diverse reasons that can cause the iMessage is signed out error. These include wrong iMessage settings, network issues, software glitches, etc. In this article, you will find a straightforward guide on why this problem occurs and what you can do to repair it.
How to Fix iMessage is signed out error on iPhone/iPad?
Here are the simple fixes you should consider trying:
1. Ensure iMessage is Enabled
Facing the recurring iMessage is signed out error could often be a consequence of iMessage being turned off on your iPhone. This might be a result of an inadvertent action by you or anyone else with access to your device. To kick off your troubleshooting journey, make sure that iMessages are enabled on your iPhone – this is a good starting point to resolve the persistent iMessage is signed out error. Go to Settings > Messages. Find iMessages and make sure it is green (enabled). Also, ensure your phone number is listed to send and receive messages.
2. Check iMessage Server Status
The second step in addressing the iMessage is signed out error is to investigate if the issue originates from Apple’s servers. If Apple’s services are temporarily down, it often results in the aforementioned error. Thus, ensure the problem isn’t on Apple’s side before diving deeper into troubleshooting your device. Visit Apple System Status page and check if the dot aside iMessage. If it is not green, there is an issue with the server. In this case, you have nothing to do but wait for Apple to solve the issue.
3. Restart Your iPhone
Sometimes the running system processes can interfere with the operation of iMessages and lead to this issue. A simple restart should solve this issue by stopping all the processes and starting them freshly. Check out Apple’s official guide to restarting your iPhone device to do this.
4. Turn Off iMessage and Turn It Back On
Sometimes a glitch can cause the iMessage is signed out error. Switching it off and on may help to solve the issue in this case. First, go to Settings > Messages and turn off the toggle for iMessages. Then switch it on again after a few seconds and check if the problem solves.
5. Check Your Apple ID Settings
Also, you can check the Apple ID settings for the iMessages. Here is how to do so:
- Go to Settings > iMessages. Tap on Use your Apple ID for iMessage.
- Check the Apple ID credentials and make sure they are correct.
- Now open Message Settings and go to Send & Receive. Make sure that the existing Apple ID details are accurate.
If you don’t find any credentials there, add your Apple ID there.
6. Sign Out of Apple ID and Sign In Again
If updating Apple ID settings don’t work, consider signing out of Apple ID and signing in again. Steps to do so:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Press on your name from the top.
- Now scroll down and select Sign Out.
After signing out, sign in again by entering your Apple ID credentials.
7. Reset iMessage Region on iPhone
If none of the above resolutions work, consider resetting the iMessage region on your iPhone. The steps you need to follow are:
- Browse Settings > Messages. Scroll down and open Send & Receive.
- On the next page, tap on Apple ID. In the popup, select Change Location > Region.
- Then select Current Region and tap Save.
8. Check iPhone’s Date & Time
The iMessage is signed out error can also occur when the date and time on your device are wrongly set. Make sure your iPhone’s date and time are set correctly based on location. To check it, follow these steps:
- Browse Settings > General.
- Tap on Date & Time and check if the time zone is accurate.
- You can toggle on the switch for Set Automatically to automatically set the time & date.
9. Update iPhone
Apple regularly brings out updates to solve known bugs and errors. So, consider updating your iOS to the latest version if you think it is a system error. Here is how to do so:
- Browse Settings > General.
- Scroll down to find and open Software Update.
- Proceed to Download and Install the update if available.
10. Check Your Network Connection
Using the iMessage will require a decent Wi-Fi connection or cellular data. That means network failure can also lead you to these errors. So, make sure you are attached to a working network. You can also do a quick network reset by turning on the Airplane mode for 30 seconds and then turning it off, which may improve the network.
11. Reset Network Settings
Sometimes incompatible network settings on your iPhone can also lead to the iMessage is signed out error. You will need to reset the network settings in this case. Here is how to do it:
- Browse Settings > General.
- Scroll down and click Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Your iPhone will restart after confirming the reset, and you will need to reconnect to Wi-Fi or cellular data with proper settings.
12. Delete Old Messages
Sometimes the error may also occur because of too many old messages on your iPhone. Try deleting these messages to check if it solves the iMessage is signed out error. If you mistakenly deleted some important iMessages and want to retrieve them back, the Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery can help you do so. The reliable recovery tool enables you to recover more than 35 types of files on your iPhone, including messages, contacts, photos, videos, notes, WhatsApp messages, etc. It is fully compatible with the latest iOS 16 and iPhone 14/13 models.
Here is how to employ Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted iMessages without backup:
Step 1: Install Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery on your Mac/Windows PC and tap Recover Data from iOS Devices.
Step 2: Attach your iPhone to the PC through a lightning or USB cable. The program should automatically discover the device if it is trusted. If it’s not trusted, unlock your iPhone and tap Trust. If the device is not detected, follow the on-screen guide to solve this issue.
Step 3: Select the file types you want to recover on the new page. Make sure that you have selected messages. After that, press Scan.
Step 4: Now, you can preview all the retrieved data and click on Recover to save it on your computer.
13. Contact Your Carrier and Apple Support
If you still cannot solve the iMessage is signed out error, consider contacting your carrier service and Apple support. They can assist you in finding out the error and solve it quickly.
iMessage is signed out error can be very disturbing when you need to rely on this iPhone feature pretty often. We hope the above write-up will enable you to sort out the error. And, if you mistakenly deleted your iMessages while fixing this error, consider using the Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted iMessages with or without backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- 10 Best YouTube to MP3 320kbps Converter (Online & Desktop)
- 9xbuddy Not Working? 9 Best Alternatives to 9xbuddy
- Top 10 Best 4k YouTube Downloader [2023 Review]
- Top 12 Best YouTube Video Downloader Free Online for 2023
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- 13 Best Ways to Fix iMessage Is Signed Out Error on iPhone
- [Fixed]iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update 2023