You are trying to download the latest iOS version to enjoy all the improvements and interesting new features. But an error message saying “Software Update Failed. An Error Occurred Downloading iOS 17” prevents you from doing so.
If this scenario seems familiar, keep reading the article! Below, we will discuss Why iPhone software update failed and how to fix this problem.
Why Does My iPhone Keep Saying Software Update Failed?
Here are some usual causes behind the iPhone software update failure:
- Your internet connection is very weak and unstable.
- There is not enough empty storage in the iPhone required for the update.
- Your iPhone does not support the iOS version you are trying to download.
- A low battery can also cause this error. Make sure the iPhone is fully charged.
- The update got interrupted, or your iPhone shut down while updating.
- Your iPhone cannot connect to the Apple update server.
Now you know the top causes behind this error, let’s see what you can do to fix it:
1. Check Internet Connection
A fast and stable internet connection is compulsory to download and install the iOS 17 update. Check the internet speed and close all other apps or processes that might be consuming the internet. You can also switch to a separate network which is faster if possible.
2. Wait for Few Hours and Retry
As soon as Apple releases an iOS update, millions of users around the globe try to update their devices. As a result, sometimes Apple’s update server gets impacted by these and may prevent you from connecting from the server, leading to the error. Consider waiting a few hours before trying again to download the update.
3. Restart Your iPhone
Sometimes it can be a little system flaw preventing the iOS update. A simple restart should solve the error.
If the problematic device is an iPhone X or upper, click and hold either the Volume button and the Side button in collaboration. Once the slider arrive, drag to power off the device. Then, click and hold the Side button again after a few seconds to turn on the device.
If you are owning the iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd generation), iPhone 6, 7, or 8, press and hold the Side button to bring up the slider. Then turn the slider to switch off the device, and after around 30 seconds, click and hold the Side button once again to switch on the device.
4. Reset Network Settings
If a restart doesn’t solve the problem, the issue can be with the network settings. There can be some incompatible network settings in your iPhone, preventing WiFi from downloading the iOS update.
To reset the settings, go to Settings > General > Reset. Then press Reset Network Settings. Make sure to proceed cautiously, as this action will remove all the network-related settings.
5. Free Storage Space on iPhone
As we said above, the error can also occur if there is not enough empty storage on the iPhone. Consider removing unnecessary files like videos, photos, apps, cache, junk files, app data, etc.
Go to Settings > General, and then iPhone Storage. From there, press on Manage Storage to remove the irrelevant files.
6. Delete iOS Beta Software Profile
Did you download the iOS 17 beta profile, which was released recently? Adding this to your iPhone might prevent the device from checking for the new update. Deleting the beta profile may help.
To delete it, go to Settings > General > iPhone. Delete the relevant profile from there.
7. Update iPhone via iTunes
There is another way to update your iPhone. You can use the iTunes software by Apple to update the phone. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn on your PC and connect to the internet. Then lunch the iTunes.
- Now connect the iPhone with the PC using a lightning cable.
- On the iTunes app, select the iPhone device you have connected. Then press Summary > Check for Update.
- Click on Download and Update. Enter the passcode if needed.
Once you do so, the iOS update should begin.
8. Upgrade Using IPSW Firmware
Another way to update your iPhone is manually downloading the update from the ISPW website. It is especially useful when the download is failing because of an unstable network. After completing the download, you can use iTunes to install the update. Here are the steps to do so:
- First, visit the ISPW website from your PC.
- Select your iPhone model and the preferred iOS version and click Download.
- Once completed, lunch iTunes and connect the iPhone with the PC.
- Press SHIFT (Windows) or OPTIONS (Mac) + Updates.
- Select the downloaded IPSW file from the download folder and click Choose.
That is it; once you do so, the iOS update will begin.
9. Update iPhone with Professional Tool
If none of the solutions worked for you, try employing professional tool like Fucosoft iOS System Recovery to perform the update. It’s a straightforward program that lets you quickly update or downgrade your iOS version. Also, it can help to fix various iOS issues, like iPhone stuck on Apple logo, recovery/DFU mode, boot loop, etc. This tool is fully compatible with the latest iPhone 14/13 models running iOS 17/16.
Let’s see how to employ the Fucosoft iOS System Recovery to update your iPhone.
Step 1: Get the Fucosoft iOS System Recovery and install it on your PC. Once installed, launch it. Also, attach your iPhone to the PC via USB cable.
Step 2: On the software’s main interface, click on Start and select Standard Repair mode.
Step 3: Now select the firmware package based on your preferred iOS version. Press Download to begin the download.
Step 4： Press Start Standard Repair on the screen after the firmware is downloaded. That’s it; the iPhone will be updated now.
Failing to update your iPhone to the latest version can be very annoying. However, thanks to the above-discussed solutions, you should now smoothly download and install the update successfully. Make sure to utilize the Fucosoft iOS System Recovery if none of the other solutions work. You will not be disappointed.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- 10 Best YouTube to MP3 320kbps Converter (Online & Desktop)
- 9xbuddy Not Working? 9 Best Alternatives to 9xbuddy
- Top 10 Best 4k YouTube Downloader [2023 Review]
- Top 12 Best YouTube Video Downloader Free Online for 2023
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- 13 Best Ways to Fix iMessage Is Signed Out Error on iPhone
- [Fixed]iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update 2023