Apple has released the iOS 17 at WWDC this year and the iOS 17 developer beta is already available to install. You may have install the iOS 17 beta on your iPhone to be one of the first people to test drive the new features.
But like most beta versions of iOS, the iOS 17 beta is incomplete and may therefore come with bugs that affect the normal function of the iPhone. Here we will look at the most effective ways to remove iOS 17 Beta from your iPhone and go back to a more stable iOS version.
How to Remove iOS 17 Beta Profile from iPhone
If you don’t want to remove the current version of iOS 17 Beta, but would like to stop receiving any new beta updates, your best bet would be to remove the iOS 17 Beta profile from your iPhone. The following simple steps will show you how to do that;
- Open the Settings app on the device and then tap on “General.”
- Go to “VPN & Device Management” and then tap on the “iOS 17 Beta Software Profile.”
- Tap “Remove Profile” and then restart the iPhone
How to Remove iOS 17 Beta and Downgrade Back to iOS 16
If you don’t want to wait for the next public update, you can use one of the following options to uninstall iOS 17 beta and downgrade the iPhone back to iOS 16.
Option 1: Remove iOS 17 Beta by Restoring iPhone with iTunes
One of the best ways to go back to a previous version of iOS is to erase and restore the iPhone with iTunes. Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer and then follow these simple steps;
Step 1: Use a USB/Lightning cable to connect the iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Launch iTunes and then use the following process to put your device in recovery mode;
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Then press and hold the Side button until the device enters recovery mode.
Step 3: When the “Restore” option appears in iTunes, click on it. This will allow iTunes to erase the device and install iOS 16.
This process typically takes about 15 minutes. If it takes longer, the device may exit recovery mode and you’ll have to repeat step 2.
Option 2: Remove iOS 17 Beta from iPhone without iTunes
If the iTunes solution above doesn’t work or you don’t have an iOS 16 compatible backup that you can use to restore your data after the downgrade, consider using Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. This is a third-party iTunes alternative that will allow you to remove iOS 17 Beta from your iPhone and revert back to iOS 16 without losing any of your data.
It is also very easy to use, allowing you to remove iOS 17 Beta in just a few simple steps. Here’s how to use it;
Step 1: Run Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your computer and click “Start” on the main interface.
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB/Lighting cable. Click “Standard Repair” and wait for the program to detect the connected device.
Step 3: On the next window, click on “Download” and the program will immediately begin downloading the firmware files to install the latest version of iOS 17 on your iPhone.
Step 4: When the download is complete, click on “Start Standard Repair” to allow Fucosoft iOS System Recovery to install the iOS 17 firmware onto the connected device.
Your device will restart when the process is complete. Click “Done” and disconnect it from the computer.
The Bottom Line
You may have installed iOS 17 Beta on your iPhone so you can have access to the new features before anyone else. But as the release date of the public version of iOS 17 approaches, you may want to wait for the more stable version.
Now you know how to delete your iOS 17 Beta profile to avoid getting any new beta updates and even how to remove iOS 17 Beta from your iPhone and downgrade back to iOS 16.
We’d love to know what you think of iOS 17 so far. Let us know in the comments section below.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- 10 Best YouTube to MP3 320kbps Converter (Online & Desktop)
- 9xbuddy Not Working? 9 Best Alternatives to 9xbuddy
- Top 10 Best 4k YouTube Downloader [2023 Review]
- Top 12 Best YouTube Video Downloader Free Online for 2023
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- 13 Best Ways to Fix iMessage Is Signed Out Error on iPhone
- [Fixed]iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update 2023