When it comes to backing up WhatsApp chats on your iPhone, iCloud is still one of the best solutions. As long as you have an internet connection, you can set the WhatsApp to automatically backup data to iCloud. But sometimes restoring the backup doesn’t work well. In fact, there are many iPhone users who have reported significant problems when they try to restore the WhatsApp chats history.
“I am unable to restore WhatsApp chat history from iCloud. I have seen ‘Couldn’t restore chat history’ message all the time even if iCloud Drive is On. Any solution for this issue? Thanks!”
If you are in the same situation, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we will share with you some of the most effective solutions when WhatsApp fails to restore chat history from iCloud. Let’s check it.
Way 1: Check the Network Connection
You need a reliable network connection when trying to restore WhatsApp chats from iCloud to your iPhone. Therefore, please ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is running properly. Make sure that the router is within range and the device is connecting to the Wi-Fi network. You can check the strength of the network by trying to access a webpage on your iPhone. If you can access the web or any other service that requires the internet very easily, then the network might not be the problem.
Way 2: Check Your iPhone Storage
You may also encounter problems of restoring the WhatsApp chats if there is not enough storage space on your iPhone. Therefore, the next thing you need to do is to ensure that there is enough space on the device.
- To check the available storage space on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and then check the used storage space.
- If there is indeed insufficient storage space, you can easily delete unnecessary files to make some room for restoring WhatsApp chats history.
Way 3: Check the Phone Number and iCloud ID
When trying to restore the WhatsApp chats, you must ensure that you are using the same phone number and iCloud ID that you used to make the backup. Therefore, it is important to check that you are using the same credentials that you used to create the backup, otherwise the restore process will not work.
Way 4: Turn On iCloud Drive
The iCloud Drive stores documents and data in iCloud and if it is turned off, the iCloud restore process may fail. So make sure that iCloud Drive is enabled before the restoring process. To do that, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud and turn of iCloud Drive if it is not enabled.
Way 5: Force Restart Your iPhone
If the network connection is working just fine and your iPhone has adequate storage space, also you’re certain that you are using the same phone number and iCloud ID as you did before, then the problem might be with the software. Sometimes a conflict with the settings on the device can cause problems with the function of the iOS, causing issues like this one.
The best way to fix these conflicting issues, is to force restart the device. Follow these procedures to force restart your iPhone depending on its model:
- For the iPhone 6 and earlier: tap and hold on the Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Apple Logo appears.
- For the iPhone 7 and 7 plus: tap and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the Apple Logo shows up on the screen.
- For iPhone 8 and later: press and quickly release the Volume Up button, do the same with the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
Way 6: Update iOS Version and WhatsApp Version
You may also encounter problems with restoring WhatsApp chats if the version of WhatsApp and iOS running on your iPhone are outdated.
- To update the iOS on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update and if an update is available, tap on “Download and Install” to update the device.
- To update the WhatsApp app version: open the App Store and then tap “Updates” at the bottom. Locate WhatsApp from the list of apps and then tap the “Update” button next to it.
Way 7: Restore WhatsApp to iPhone without iCloud
If you are still having trouble restoring WhatsApp chats history from iCloud, you should consider using Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer, a third party tool that is designed to help you manage WhatsApp data in numerous ways. This powerful program can help you easily backup and restore WhatsApp data on your iPhone or iPad.
The following are the main features of Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer:
- It can be used to backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone/iPad to computer in one click.
- You can preview and export the WhatsApp chats to your computer in HTML file for easy viewing or printing.
- It also allows you restore the WhatsApp backup back to your iPhone, iPad or even Android devices without uninstallation the app.
- You are allowed to transfer WhatsApp messages from one phone to another even if the devices are running on different platforms.
- This tool is fully compatible with all iOS devices and iOS versions, including the newest iPhone 11/11 Pro and iOS 13.
Here’s how to restore WhatsApp backup to iPhone without iCloud:
Please note that you must have used Fucosoft WhatsApp Transfer to make a backup of the WhatsApp chats on your iPhone before you can use it to restore the backup.
Step 1: Run the WhatsApp Transfer on your computer and connect your iPhone that you want to restore WhatsApp backup to with it.
Step 2: Once the device is detected, click on “Backup & Restore” on the toolbar and then choose “WhatsApp Backup & Restore” to continue.
Step 3: Tap on “Restore WhatsApp” and you should see a list of all the backups on the computer that you made using this tool. Select the most relevant backup and then click “Restore to iOS”.
Before starting the WhatsApp chats restore process, please turn off the “Find My iPhone” feature on your iCloud settings. Also, ensure that the WhatsApp is installed on your iPhone and logged in.
Step 4: Click on “Yes” and the restore process should begin immediately. Keep the device connected to the computer until the restore is complete. Then all the WhatsApp chats that were in that backup will be available on the device and you can access the messages on it.
You May Also Like:
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s