“My Touch ID is not working on my iPhone 11, I did everything suggested on the net but to no avail. My iOS is updated to iOS 14. Also noticed that my 100% battery is fast to drain than to my usual usage. What can I do to fix this?”
Touch ID is a great security feature for an iPhone or iPad, but some people might have trouble using it correctly. Sometimes even if you set up Touch ID correctly, it can fail to work. That means you can’t use your fingerprint to access your iOS device or make purchases in App Store. This issue often occurs soon after an iOS update, yet regardless of why it fails, it can be very frustrating.
Keep getting error message saying “Unable to Activate Touch ID on This iPhone”? Don’t worry. In this article, we will share you effective solutions to fix this problem and make Touch ID working properly on your iPhone or iPad.
Part 1. Common Fix for Touch ID Activation Error
Before we get to the more invasive solutions to this problem, let’s begin with some of the simple solutions you can try to fix unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone error. These include the following:
- Ensure that your device is running the latest version of iOS. To check for an update, go to Settings > General > Software Update and tap “Download and Install”.
- Make sure that your fingers, the home button and the iPhone’s screen are clean and dry.
- When trying to activate Touch ID, ensure that your finger covers the entire home button, touching the metal ring around the home button. Also don’t, tap too quickly or move your finger around when Touch ID is scanning,
- If you have a screen protector, remove it before trying to activate Touch ID on your iPhone.
If the simple solutions above don’t work, then it is very likely that the problem is caused by a software issue. In this case, the following solutions should help:
Part 2. Check Touch ID Settings on Your iPhone
If you have already updated the iPhone to the latest version of iOS and you’re still having problems with Touch ID, try changing some of the Touch ID settings on your device. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and the do the following:
- Toggle “Touch ID”, “Passcode”, “iTunes & App Store” or “Apple Pay” off and on.
- Try to enroll to five fingerprints. Each fingerprint you add will make recognition take slightly longer.
- Swipe to delete a fingerprint.
- Use the home button to identify the fingerprints in the list. The matching fingerprint will be highlighted, allowing you to delete the other fingerprints.
Part 3. Hard Restart Your iPhone
This problem can also be caused by iOS software glitches and one of the best ways to remove these glitches is to force restart the device. The procedure for hard resetting your device is different from one device to another. Here’s how you can do that:
- iPhone 6 and earlier: Press and hold the power button as we all as the home button together until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the power button and the volume down button until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 8 and earlier: Press and then quickly release the volume up button and do the same with the volume down button. Now press the power (side) button until the Apple logo appears and the device restarts.
Part 4. Factory Restore iPhone with iTunes
If a hard restart doesn’t work to fix the problem, then the best course of action is to restore the iPhone to factory settings in iTunes. This process is effective but we must let you know that it will cause total data loss. So, before following these simple steps to restore the iPhone with iTunes, you’d better back up all the data on the device.
- Connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer and then open iTunes.
- Select the iPhone when it appears in iTunes and then click on “Restore iPhone (iPad)”.
- Click “Restore” and then keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete.
Part 5. Fix Unable to Activate Touch ID without Data Loss
If you don’t want to lose data on your iPhone/iPad while fixing the device, the best solution is using a third-party iOS system repair tool like Fucosoft iOS System Recovery. This tool is ideal for fixing just about any software issue your device has and it can fix most issues, including this one without data loss. Some of the features that make Fucosoft iOS System Recovery the best solution include the following:
- It can be used to repair various iOS issues , such as iPhone stuck in recovery mode, iPhone stuck on the Apple Logo or an iPhone that is not functioning correctly.
- It has a simple user interface, making it an easy choice even for the beginner.
- You can use one of the program’s two modes to fix the problem. The standard mode is ideal for fixing common issues without data loss while the advanced mode is ideal for more serious problems.
- It supports all iPhone models and all versions of iOS, including iOS 14 and iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 mini.
To fix Touch ID activation error on your iPhone without data loss, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Download and install this iOS repair tool on to your computer and launch it. Then connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cable. You may have to unlock the iPhone and tap on “Trust” when prompted.
Step 2: Once your iPhone is recognized, choose “Repair Operating System” to continue. If the program fails to detect the device, follow the on-screen instructions to put the device in DFU/recovery mode.
Step 3: Click on “Fix Now”, the program will then detect the iPhone’s model and present various firmware options to download for the device. Select the preferred one and then click on “Download” to begin downloading the firmware.
Step 4: When the download is complete, click on “Repair Now” and the program will begin fixing the device immediately. When the process is complete, the iPhone will restart and the issue should be fixed in just a few minutes.
The Bottom Line
Touch ID can often be difficult to use. Therefore, before attempting any of the solutions above, you may want to try activating it several times. If you suspect the issue is software related, the best choice is using Fucosoft iOS System Recovery since it won’t cause any data loss and has a very high success rate.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7