Do you often take pictures with your iPhone or iPad? There is no disputing that Apple did a great job while creating amazing iPhone camera with all of its models. The pictures that the iPhone camera shots are great, which can be easily compared to professional digital cameras in the market. More and more people are leaving their DSLR behind these days.
The default iPhone camera app is good but still has limited functionality. And the App Store is filled with all kinds of camera apps with advanced settings. Choosing the best camera app for your iPhone, however, can be much more difficult with so many options. We’ve tested over a dozen popular iPhone camera apps, and picked up the top 10 best camera apps for iPhone and iPad that you can use to capture the best photos.
These apps are compatible with all the leading iOS devices, including iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus, iPad, as well as the latest iOS 14.
Top 1. Camera+
Camera+ is one of the best camera apps for iPhone. It does not matter whether you are a seasoned photographer or you have never used your iPhone camera before, Camera+ will make you love capturing your special moments. The app will make all your pictures come to life with its special effects, exposure controls, focus, shooting modes and other special capabilities.
Features Offered by Camera+ Include:
- Allows you to take up to 6x zoom with advanced digital processing.
- Supports the front flash to take a picture in a dark room.
- Lets you eliminate the crooked shots with amazing horizon level feature.
- Allows you to choose from different scene modes including Food, Sunset, Night, Beach, and many more.
- Supports iCloud Lightbox Sync that you can easily sync your photos between all of your iOS devices.
Top 2. ProCamera
ProCamera is one of the best iPhone camera apps, which provides you the full control of a professional camera. The app is loved by millions of users with its intuitive interface and advanced features to capture great pictures. It even features a night camera and full resolution previews in addition to robust exposure control.
Features Offered by ProCamera Include:
- Intuitive camera control lets you control focus and exposure precisely.
- Makes it possible for you to do professional photo editing, which is comparable to an advanced DSLR camera.
- Allows capturing of better photos in low light conditions.
- Supports to record videos in HD or UHD (4K) resolution on iPhone 6S and newer devices.
- Anti-Shake feature allows you to stabilize your shots.
Top 3. VSCO
VSCO is another great camera app for iPhone, which allows its users to take the most professional pictures on their iOS devices. If you are looking for the best free camera app for iPhone, VSCO is the app to go for. The free app is extremely easy to use and hence you won’t need to be an experienced photographer to get some amazing shots.
Features Offered by VSCO Include:
- Gridlines make it easier when composing a shot.
- Manual options lets you manually tweak the ISO, exposure, white balance, and focus.
- Combines the best of a camera and photo editing app.
- All-around camera app that allows you to capture, edit and share your pictures with one interface.
Top 4. Halide Camera
Halide Camera is one of the best photo apps for iPhone. It is an amazing manual camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. The app features beautiful details and great UI for iPhone 8/X/XR/XS, and even the latest iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max. Also, Halide has professional tools such as focus peaking, detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support.
Features Offered by Halide Camera Include:
- Comes with beautiful dark theme and intuitive gesture-based interface.
- Custom-designed user interface that you can use it with one hand.
- Allows for both manual focus and focus peaking.
- Supports full manual controls such as shutter speed, ISO and white balance.
- Captures the best quality photos in RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG format.
Top 5. ProCam 6
The ProCam 6 has been listed among the best iPhone camera apps time and again due to its great capabilities. If you have an iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XR or an iPhone X, this app is a must-have. The app will not only allow you to take professional pictures, but also let you capture great videos. Plus, it has an all in one editor that comes with lots of non-destructive options for photo editing.
Features Offered by ProCam 6 Include:
- Provides various shooting modes, including Photo, Night, Burst, Slow Shutter, Portrait, Video, Time Lapse, etc.
- Supports to record video in 720p, 1080p, and 4K Ultra HD resolution.
- Various photo shutter release options for you, like Self-Timer, Anti-Shake, Screen Shutter, Interval, etc.
- Offers a wide range of manual camera controls such as exposure, shutter speed, ISO, full focus, and white balance controls.
- Photo editing extension lets you trim, crop, rotate, mirror, straighten, and even add background music.
Top 6. Manual Camera 2
iPhone picture lovers will consider Manual Camera 2 to be one of the best camera apps for iPhone. The app comes with an intuitive interface, and provides users DSLR-like controls. It has precise control over focus, exposure, ISO, shutter speed, white balance, and flash level. It is very easy to use, you can simply move the slider to take a photo or video.
Features Offered by Manual Camera 2 Include:
- Simple and plain, yet pretty powerful.
- Allows you to choose all the necessary settings manually.
- Captures RAW photo for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and earlier.
- Get full control of shutter speed, ISO, white balance, focus and exposure while shooting a picture.
- Lets you change settings right while shooing and have a preview in real-time.
Top 7. Cortex Camera
Cortex Camera will help you improve your already excellent camera, which is an great alternative to DSLR. It is, for this reason, considered to be among the best iPhone camera apps. The app combines numerous exposures and create one high-resolution picture that is noise free. If you stand for high quality pictures, don’t miss this photo app for your iPhone.
Features Offered by Cortex Camera Include:
- Enables long exposure effects such as motion blur and soft water.
- Advanced image processing to remove noise and increase resolution.
- Brightens dark areas in photos while keeping them look natural.
- Uses RAW data as input to increase sharpness and image detail.
- Supports grid overlay, shutter time, and the front camera.
Top 8. Hydra
If you ask anyone who has used Hydra to take photos, he or she will tell you it is one of the best photo apps for iPhone. It allows you to take professional photos even in difficult lighting conditions with innovative photo capture technology. All its pictures have less noise but high-quality.
Features Offered by Hydra Include:
- Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP pictures from the regular 8MP or 12MP camera sensor.
- Zoom mode recreates missing pixels from hand motion with real-time and super-resolution technique.
- HDR mode makes it possible to take high-quality pictures even in difficult lighting conditions.
- Video-HDR allows users to create stunning videos with single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode.
- Lo-Light mode merges multiple images together and eliminates sensor noise form your photos.
Top 9. ProShot
ProShot is a great third-party iPhone camera app for professional mobile photographers. It comes with a lengthy and impressive list of features and manual controls. The app includes an expansive set of video-capture modes too, allowing users to capture both high-quality videos and pictures with their iPhone in a DSLR-like fashion.
Features Offered by ProShot Include:
- Supports two fully configurable custom modes similar to a DSLR.
- Allows manual or automatic control over white balance, torch intensity, shutter speed, exposure, focus, ISO, flash, etc.
- Supports full-resolution shots in 16:9, 4:3 and 1:1.
- Fully features Camera Roll with EXIF metadata, which supports for video playback, media sharing, and file deleting.
Top 10. Slow Shutter Cam
Slow Shutter Cam lets the user capture slow shutter speed effects similar to the DSLR camera. The app lets you set the shutter speed, which is impossible with other standard camera app. Slow Shutter Cam offers three capture modes to help users take unique pictures, including Motion Blur, Light Trail, and Low Light.
Features Offered by Slow Shutter Cam Include:
- Perfect for capturing ghost images, waterfall effects with the Motion Blur mode.
- Capture car light trails and fireworks or any other moving light in a unique way with the Light Trail mode.
- Low Light mode allows users to take excellent pictures in low light conditions.
- Provides option to resume capture and preview in real time to achieve the exact effect you want.
Do you want to get some amazing shots with your iPhone? Then this article should help. We have outlined the best camera apps for iPhone, both free and paid. With these best iPhone camera apps, no one will be able to tell whether your pictures were taken using a DSLR or iPhone. If you have never been a mobile photography enthusiast, these best photo apps for iPhone will definitely make you one.
Bonus: Recover Deleted Photos & Videos on iPhone
Losing precious photos on your iPhone and want to get them back? Don’t worry. Here we’d like to recommend you a professional data recovery tool that aims to help users recover lost iPhone data – Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery. This program can scan and recover deleted photos/videos on iPhone directly. Or if you have made a backup before, it can help you extract photos and videos from iTunes/iCloud backup without restoring the whole device. Besides photos and videos, you can also recover iPhone deleted text messages, contacts, call history, WhatsApp, Kik, Line, notes, Safari history, and much more data.
- Download, install and run Fucosoft iPhone Photo Recovery on your computer. Select “Recover Data from iOS Devices” mode and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Once your device has been detected successfully, click “Start”. Then select the files you want to recover and click “Scan” to let the program scanning your iPhone.
- After the scan, you can preview all recoverable photos and choose those you want only, then click “Recover” to save them to your computer.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7