There are certain situations where you need your Wi-Fi password, for example, you may want to share it with someone else. But if you don’t have it written down somewhere, you will have a very hard time getting the password to display on the iPhone or iPad’s screen. In fact, most people who have tried to do this will tell you that it is nearly impossible. Luckily, this article will share with you 5 easy ways to find and view your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone or iPad. Follow these simple tips to see the password.
Tip 1: Find Wi-Fi Password on iPhone via iOS Password Manager
One of the best ways to find your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone is to use a third-party tool like Tenorshare 4uKey Password Manager. This is perhaps the easiest way to view the Wi-Fi password since it doesn’t require you to jailbreak the device or go through complicated steps to get the password. The program has many great features that make it the most ideal solution in this case. Some of them include the following:
- It can help you find all your saved Wi-Fi passwords on the iPhone/iPad from computer.
- It can also recover website and app login passwords that you may have stored on your iOS device.
- You can also use it to view mail accounts and credit card information stored on your iPhone or iPad.
- It will even show you the Apple ID account you may be using on your iOS device and recover the screen time passcode.
- It is also useful for the transfer of passwords on your iPhone/iPad to iOS password management tools.
To use 4uKey iOS Password Manager to find the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone or iPad, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Download and install the program on to your computer and then launch it. You will be prompted to connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer using USB cable in the main window.
You may need to unlock the device and “Trust this Computer” to enable the program to detect it.
Step 2: The program will detect the device and display information about the device on the next window. Click on “Start Scan” to begin looking for all the passwords stored on the device.
Step 3: The process will take some time. Once it is complete, you should see all the passwords displayed on the next window including your Wi-Fi passwords.
Step 4: Click on the “Wi-Fi accounts” option on the left and then click “Export” to save the passwords on your computer where they can be easily accessed and viewed.
Tip 2: Find Wi-Fi Password on iPhone with Router Settings
You may also be able to find the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone by checking the router settings. Most Wi-Fi routers allow you to log in to the settings to check or make some changes. Here’s how to do that:
- Connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network whose password you are trying to find.
- Open the Settings on your device and then tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap on the “i” next to the network’s name and write down the number you see in the “router” field. This is the router’s IP address.
- Use a browser to go to that IP address and log in using the username and password you used when setting up the Wi-Fi network.
- Once logged in, you should be able to find the Wi-Fi password although each router model will have a different way to find the password.
Tip 3: Find Wi-Fi Password on iPhone use iCloud Keychain Sync
Most people don’t know that the passwords they use every day are saved in the Keychain, an iOS tool designed to store all your passwords, allowing you to auto-fill them when you need to. You can view all the passwords on your Mac using iCloud Keychain. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- This method requires a second iPhone or iPad. So, borrow a friend’s device and keep it very close to yours.
- Try to connect to the Wi-Fi network on your friend’s device.
- You should see a popup on your iPhone asking you if you would like to “Share Your Wi-Fi”. Tap “Send Password”.
- Your friend’s device will receive the password. Tap “Done” on your device to complete the process.
Tip 4: Find Wi-Fi Password on iPhone for Personal Hotspot
You can also use the Personal Hotspot feature on your iPhone to find the Wi-Fi Password. The Personal Hotspot feature allows you to share your cellular data connection with other users over Wi-Fi. Follow these simple steps to use it to find the Wi-Fi password:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone and then tap “Personal Hotspot”.
- Enable “Personal Hotspot” by moving the slider to green.
- In the “Wi-Fi password” you should see the password to the Personal Hotspot. This is the password that you need to share with other devices in order to share your cellular data.
Tip 5: Find Wi-Fi Password on Jailbroken iPhone in Cydia
If your device is Jailbroken, then it becomes considerably easier to see your Wi-Fi passwords. To see the Wi-Fi password on a Jailbroken iPhone using Cydia, you can use one of two tweaks: NetworkList or Wi-Fi Passwords. Follow these simple steps to see how to use both:
Option 1. Using NetworkList
- Download the NetworkList tweak from Cydia and install it on your device.
- When prompted, tap “Restart Springboard”.
- Now go to Settings > WLAN > Known Networks. You should see all your Wi-Fi Passwords displayed here.
Option 2. Using Wi-Fi Passwords
- Install Wi-Fi passwords on to your jailbroken iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the app once it is installed and you should see all the Wi-Fi networks your device is connected to and their corresponding passwords.
These are just two of the most popular Cydia tweaks to access your Wi-Fi passwords. There are many others to choose from, such as Dlssid, Speedssid and iSpeedTouchpad.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7