Apple’s iPhone now allows users to record videos in 4K, however, these high-quality videos often occupy too much space. If your iPhone is running out of space, you may want to transfer videos to your computer to regain more storage. Or you need to backup important iPhone videos ton your PC or Mac to avoid unexpected data loss. Whatever your reasons are, this guide will show you 7 practical ways to transfer videos from iPhone to computer. Make sure you follow all the steps to get photos off your iPhone without losing quality
Way 1: Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC/Mac with dr.fone – Transfer
If you want to transfer videos from iPhone to PC or Mac, the easiest way is using a third-party iPhone transfer software. Here we recommend Wondershare dr.fone – Transfer (iOS). Using it, you can easily transfer videos, photos, music, ringtones, playlists and more data from iPhone or iPad to computer at fast speed. It won’t do any harm to the videos and photos, all transferred files will be kept in original resolution. Also, this tool is the best alternative to iTunes, allowing you to manage files on your iPhone without limitations. It works well with the latest iPhone 11/11 Pro as well as iOS 13.
Simple steps on how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer:
Step 1: Download the iPhone Transfer software on to your computer and install it. Then launch the program and connect your iPhone or iPad via USB cable.
Step 2: Once your device is recognized, click on “Videos” and select the video files that you want to transfer. Then click on the transfer button to begin transferring.
Way 2: Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC/Mac with iCloud Photos
Apple’s iCloud Photos feature allows you to access your photos and videos from different devices, including iPhone, iPad, Mac and even your PC. If you have iCloud Photos enabled on your iPhone, you can easily save videos from iPhone to your PC or Mac computer by using this feature. Here’s how to do it:
- For iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and turn iCloud Photos.
- For Mac: Go to System Preferences > iCloud and tap on Options next to Photos, then choose iCloud Photos.
- For PC: Download iCloud for Windows and follow the instructions to set up iCloud Photos, then click on Done > Apply.
Ensure that you’ve signed in with the same iCloud account on both your iPhone and computer, and connect them to a stable Wi-Fi network. All the videos on your iPhone will be automatically synced to your Mac or PC computer.
Way 3: Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC via Photos in Windows 10
If you are using a PC running Windows 10 or Windows 8, you can easily transfer videos from iPhone to your computer using the Photos app which comes in Windows System. Follow the steps below:
- Plug your iPhone to the Windows 10/8 PC with a lightning cable.
- Launch the Photos app from the Start menu if it doesn’t pop up automatically.
- Choose “From a USB device” under the “Import” option, the Photos app will search for all photos and videos on your iPhone.
- Now check the videos you wish to transfer and set the destination folder, then tap on “Import Selected”.
Way 4: Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC via AutoPlay in Windows 7
For the people who are using a PC running Windows 7 and searching for how to get videos from iPhone to computer, they can make use of the AutoPlay feature. Below are the steps to do that:
- Connect your iPhone to the Windows 7 PC using USB cable.
- The AutoPlay will pop up automatically, tap on the “Import pictures and videos”.
- Select a folder to save the videos you wish to transfer in the Import Settings.
- Finally, choose the videos you’d like to transfer and tap on “Import” to start transferring.
Way 5: Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC via Windows Explorer
Another method to get videos off iPhone is using Windows Explorer (for PC run on Windows 7). If you are working on a computer run on Windows 10 or 8, it is named File Explorer. With the Windows or File Explorer, you can access and view photos and videos from your iPhone, and save them to your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to Windows computer and open “This PC”.
- Locate your iPhone name and right-click on it, then select the option of “Import pictures and videos”.
- Select the videos you want to transfer to your computer, then tap on “Import” to begin transferring.
Alternatively, you can head to This PC > [your iPhone name] > Internal Storage and look for DCIM. Inside this folder, you will 100APPLE where you can find videos on your iPhone. Simply copy and paste them to your computer.
Way 6: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac Using Photos App
If you are using a Mac computer, you can quickly transfer videos from iPhone to Mac using the built-in Photos app. Just follow the below-given steps:
- Connect your iPhone with your Mac using a USB cable and open the Photos app.
- Click on “Import”, you will find all photos and videos on your iPhone.
- Select the videos you want to transfer and click on “Import Selected”, the transfer will begin.
Way 7: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac Using AirDrop
Apple’s AirDrop is a great feature for users to share photos, videos and files. Using it, you can easily transfer videos from iPhone to Mac. Here are the steps to follow:
- On your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center. Then tap on “AirDrop” and set the device to be discovered by everyone.
- On your Mac, go to Finder > Go and select “AirDrop”. Turn on both Bluetooth and WiFi to enable the AirDrop and make sure to set the visibility to everyone.
- Now open “Photos” on your iPhone and select the videos you want to share. Tap on the share button and choose AirDrop from there.
- Select your Mac from the radius and click on the Send button. Then tap on Receive videos on your Mac computer.
These are all about how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer. You can use any of the above-given methods to get iPhone videos onto your PC or Mac. Please don’t disconnect your iPhone from the computer when the transfer process is going on. Otherwise, it may cause data loss. If unfortunately you lose important videos, you can rely on Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted videos from iPhone, no matter you have a backup or not.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s