How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
WhatsApp now is the hottest instant messaging app in the world, with beyond 1 billion active users. Many iPhone users tend to use WhatsApp to chat with families, friends and workmates via text, images, voice etc. What if you accidentally deleted WhatsApp chats from iPhone just like Mark did: “I deleted some important messages in WhatsApp and want to recover them. How can I undo my mistake? I’m using iPhone 8 Plus and iOS 12”.
Don’t worry. Below you’ll find effective ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone/iPad (iOS 12 supported). Read on and choose the method that’s best for you.
- Way 1.Recover Deleted Messages from WhatsApp iCloud Backup
- Way 2.Restore WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone Backup
- Way 3.Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages Directly from iPhone
Way 1. Recover Deleted Messages from WhatsApp iCloud Backup
WhatsApp doesn’t store chat history on its servers. Nevertheless, it provides iCloud backup feature to help iPhone users backing up and restoring chat history. If you have made a manual or automatic backup of your chats and media to iCloud, you can easily recover WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup.
- Head over to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to verify that an iCloud backup exists.
- Delete and reinstall WhatsApp from the App Store. Then verifying your phone number that used for backing up.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and tap “Restore Chat History” to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup.
Way 2. Restore WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone Backup
If you have an iTunes/iCloud backup of your iPhone before the time you deleted the WhatsApp messages, you may be able to recover them by restoring your iPhone from the previous iPhone backup. Check how to restore your device from iTunes or iCloud backup from Apple Support. Remember you will lose any new data you have added since the backup you’re using to recover WhatsApp chats.
People also read: How to Restore WhattsApp Chat History from Android Devices
Way 3. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages Directly from iPhone
If unfortunately you don’t have any backup, or you don’t want to overwrite the content of your iPhone with the old backup, you should try third-party recovery software. Here Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery is recommended, which can help you recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without any backup. Moreover, it supports to recover iPhone deleted text messages, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, notes, and more. This tool works well with all leading iOS devices, including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, etc.
Steps to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Backup:
- Step 1. Download this iPhone WhatsApp Recovery software from Fucosoft official site, then install and run it on your computer.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone to the computer and wait for the program to detect the device, then click “Start” continue.
- Step 3. In the next window, choose “WhatsApp” and “WhatsApp attachments” that you wish to retrieve, then click “Scan” to begin scanning.
- Step 4. After the scan, you can preview the data and find the exact WhatsApp chats you need, then click “Recover” to save them to computer.
Note: Please stop using your iPhone once you deleted WhatsApp chats, or the deleted messages will be overwritten and become unrecoverable. If your WhatsApp messages are overwritten and you have made a backup with iTunes or iCloud, you can also use Fucosoft iPhone Recovery software to extract and retrieve WhatsApp chats from iTunes or iCloud backup selectively.
YouTube Video on How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone:
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Fix SD Card Not Showing Up or Detected in Windows 10/8/7
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)/XR
- 2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer/Backup Text Messages from iPhone to Computer (PC & Mac)
- How to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- Pen Drive Recovery: Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive
- Top 5 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Unlock?
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It