Downgrade iOS firmware attracts many attention after the release of iOS 16. Have you recently updated your iPhone to the latest iOS 16 but found it is not working as you expected. Then you regret it and want to downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 or older versions.
Whatever the reason, it is not an easy task to make the downgrade. Therefore, you’d better choose a reliable iOS downgrade tool on your computer to do the process. Using the wrong tool might damage your iPhone and delete all existing data on the device.
In this article, we have collected the top 10 best iOS downgrade tools that you can use to downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 without jailbreak. Scroll down to explore their features and shortcomings.
Hot FAQs of iOS Downgrade You Can’t Miss
Q1. Is It Possible to Downgrade iOS?
Yes, it is possible. While there is no official way to downgrade iPhone or iPad, there are many other unofficial solutions that can help you do that. These third-party applications are advantageous in a variety of ways including allowing you to easily downgrade iOS version without losing data on your iPhone. They are also easily accessible and when you choose the right solution, even very easy to use.
Q2. What Should You Do Before Downgrading?
The first thing you should do before attempting to downgrade the iOS version on your device is to back up all the data on it. This will prevent data loss in case there is a problem with the downgrade.
You can easily backup your device via iTunes or iCloud, you can also use third-party tools like Fucosoft Free iOS Backup & Restore that will give you more control over the backup process, allowing you to choose the data you want to include in the backup.
Once the backup is complete, the next thing you need to do is to check the IPSW authentication status. Go to https://ipsw.me/ and follow the instructions to make sure that the IPSW you want to use is certified. If it is “green” you’re good to go. If it is “red”, then it cannot be used to restore your device to the old version.
Q3. Can I Use Jailbreak to Downgrade iOS?
While some downgrading methods require jailbreaking the iPhone, we don’t recommend that you use them. Jailbreaking your device can carry a lot of problems including security risks and damage to the battery and other issues that can affect the function of your device.
Top 10 Best iOS Downgrade Tools You Can Try
Top 1. Fucosoft iOS System Recovery
When it comes to downgrading iOS 16 to iOS 15 or previous version, Fucosoft iOS System Recovery is a reliable tool you can use. It is a professional iOS system repair tool that allows you do downgrade iOS version without losing any data and you don’t need to jailbreak your device.
Apart from iOS downgrading, it can also help to updating iOS or fixing various iOS issues like iPhone stuck on Apple logo, DFU or recovery mode, iPhone is disabled, etc. Easy options are offered.
All you need to do is connect the device you want to downgrade and select the iOS firmware version. That’s pretty much it, this tool will do the rest job for you.
- This tool is very easy to use and works fast to downgrade iOS.
- It can help to fix many iOS issues on iPhone or iPad.
- It promises no data loss during the downgrading process.
- It’s a premium tool and you will have to pay for it.
Top 2. Tenorshare ReiBoot
ReiBoot iOS System Recovery is another popular iOS downgrade software offered by Tenorshare. You can use this tool on any iOS device, including iPhone 14, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, etc. It is available for Windows as well as you can get it for Mac.
Hence, you can easily start using the tool without any trouble. It’s a repair tool, too. So, the tool can also fix all iOS related issues for you easily, such as iPhone stuck on white Apple logo, DFU/Recovery mode, boot loop, frozen or disabled, etc.
- Enable users to enter/exit recovery mode with one click for free.
- Fix various kinds of iOS related issues on iPhone, iPad or iPod easily.
- Very simple to use and ensures high success rate.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 16 and iPhone 14/13/12.
- Only premium version available to downgrade iOS device.
- Chances of data loss while downgrading iPhone to previous version.
Top 3. Dr.Fone – System Repair
dr.fone – System Repair (iOS) is also one of the best iOS downgrade tools you can use. It is offered by Wondershare, a famous software provider in the world due to the large number of software it provides.
They also have an IPSW downgrade tool using which you can downgrade iOS 16 to previous version in simple clicks. There are many other Wondershare tools along with this one that you can use to enjoy the benefits of the toolkit. All of them are useful in one way or the other.
- Faster, easier, and the success rate of the downgrade is very high.
- Least chances of data loss or damage to your iOS device.
- Works on all popular iOS models, even the latest iPhone 14/13.
- For free, you will only get the trial version.
Top 4. FonePaw iOS System Recovery
The next tool you can consider using is FonePaw iOS System Recovery. It’s the best iOS downgrade tool which can help you downgrade iOS 16 to a previous stable version without using iTunes or jailbreak. It provides users a way to save the existing data on the device while downgrading it.
However, there is still one issue with this tool. It doesn’t support the latest iOS version. Therefore, if you are using iPhone or iPad running on the latest version, you might have to look for the other tools in this list.
- This tool comes with friendly user interface, thus it is very easy to operate.
- You can choose from any iOS firmware versions and the tool will download it for you automatically.
- Not free to downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15.
- No support for the latest iOS version like iOS 16.
- Might cause data loss on your iPhone during the downgrade process.
Top 5. iMobie AnyFix
iMobie AnyFix – iOS System Recovery is one of the best third-party tools that you can use to downgrade iOS. Apart from downgrading the iOS, it is also a good way to repair any system issues that may be affecting your iPhone including a device that is stuck on the update screen or a device that simply won’t function as required.
AnyFix can also be used to bypass iTunes errors that may prevent the iPhone from updating or restoring in iTunes. It is also very easy to use, allowing you to repair or downgrade the iOS on your iPhone in a matter of minutes.
- It will fix all iOS issues in a single click.
- It can downgrade iOS on all devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- It can also notify you when a new iOS update is available.
- It has the highest success rate of any other tool in the market.
- You need to be connected to the internet to use it.
- Your device will also need to be adequately charged to ensure success.
Top 6. UltFone iOS System Repair
UltFone iOS System Repair offers another great way to downgrade the iOS version on your iPhone or iPad. It is very simple to use and you don’t need any technical expertise to use this tool. When you connect your iPhone, it will detect the most suitable iOS version for the device.
But it is worth pointing out that if you use this tool, you may end up losing the data on your iPhone during the downgrade process. It may therefore be a good idea to back up all the data on your iPhone before using this tool.
- It is available on both Windows PC and Mac computers.
- It is fully compatible with iOS 7 or later.
- It is very easy to use, you don’t need technical knowledge to use it.
- It is not a free tool. You have to buy a license key to use it and the price is a little bit expensive.
- You may lose some of the data on your device.
Top 7. TinyUmbrella
TinyUmbrella is a totally free iOS downgrade software developed by The Firmware Umbrella Company. It can automatically detect and use the SHSH Blobs to downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15.
Also, it is a great tool for solving some iOS issues along with downgrading or updating iOS devices. As the tool is available for jailbroken devices, it might invite some issues. So, you have to be careful about it while using.
- It is a free tool that you don’t need to spend any money to downgrade your iPhone.
- You can easily boot your device into recovery mode as well as exit the mode.
- You can use this tool to resolve iPhone stuck in Recovery mode issues.
- It is a little difficult to use compared with other iOS downgrade tools and only available for Windows users.
- You are required to download the IPSW file before the downgrading process.
- You have to jailbreak your iPhone which might cause unexpected damage to your device.
- Data loss might occur along with many other errors if you downgrade iOS using this tool.
Top 8. TaigOne Downgrader
If your iPhone or iPad is jailbroken and you want to downgrade to a previous iOS version, you can consider using TaigOne Downgrader. It is an iOS app instead of desktop application.
To get it, you should rely on third-party installer like Cydia. Please note that this software is not an official one, so you may encounter some damages to your device.
- It’s free and download iOS firmware automatically.
- It is only available for jailbroken iOS devices.
- The downgrade process will delete the existing data on your device.
- It doesn’t support the latest iOS versions and iPhone models.
Top 9. Futurerestore
Another great third-party iOS/IPSW downgrade tool we will discuss is called Futurerestore. It works directly on your iOS device and the downgrade process can be done using various methods. Hence, it increases the success ratio of the downgrade.
It’s a great tool if you use it along with the Libipatcher. However, it’s up to you how you want to use the tool. If you are trying to restore from unmatching the iOS version, you can use custom SEP here to do it.
- Provides various methods to downgrade iOS 16.
- Allows restoring from unmatching iOS. So, even if you lose the data, you can easily restore it from the backup.
- It doesn’t support all the iOS versions.
Top 10. 3uTools
The last best iOS downgrade tool that you can use to downgrade the iOS version on your iPhone is 3uTools. It also offers a great way to fix all iOS errors on your device and it will even fix the most common of these issues without causing data loss.
But unlike other tools on this list, its main function is to downgrade the version of iOS on your device. It may therefore be the best tool to choose if this is the only function you require.
- You can access all its features for free.
- It also has a multi-media management function that allows you to manage various aspects of the media files on your iPhone.
- If you want an older version of iOS, you can use 3uTools to jailbreak the device to install it.
- You may lose data during the jailbreaking or downgrading process.
- There are some users who report that the downgrade process can sometimes fail.
To conclude, these are some of the best iOS downgrade software and tools that you can use. Most of them use the same procedure to downgrade the iOS. However, you need to make sure that you have taken a proper backup before you take any steps here.
If something goes wrong in the process, you will end up losing your important data. You can either use iTunes/iCloud or third-party tool like Fucosoft Free iOS Backup & Restore to take a full backup of your iPhone data.
Further, you should check the compatibility of the iOS downgrade tool before you use it. If it doesn’t support the iOS version you are using, you will end up with data loss or some other issues.
If you face any issues, don’t worry, usually a force restart for your iPhone will be the solution for most of the problems. So, you can do it if you are stuck somewhere in the process.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7