How to Direct Message on Instagram on Computer
Unlike Facebook and Twitter, Instagram limits users to post and engage with if they’re logged in through a computer. From instagram.com, you can normally scroll through your feeds and access the latest posts, but there’s no option for you to upload photos or watch stories, as well as send & receive direct messages. What if you work consistently on a computer? You might want to use or send Instagram direct messages from the computer.
People also read: iMessage on PC|How to Get/Use iMessage on Windows PC
In this guide, we’re going to explain how to check/view Instagram Direct Messages (DM) on PC or Mac.
- Method 1. Use Instagram App for Windows
- Method 2. Use Bluestacks Windows/Mac
- Method 3. Use Third-party Application
Method 1. Use Instagram App for Windows
Instagram now has an app on Windows Store, which lets you send photo and video DMs from your PC. You can download this free Instagram App for Windows, log in to your Instagram account to direct message on the desktop computer.
- Get the free Instagram app for Windows from Microsoft Store.
- Install and launch the app on your Windows PC, then sign in on it.
- Tap on the “Direct message” icon and select your friend whom you want to direct message.
Method 2. Use Bluestacks for Windows/Mac
Bluestacks Player is a free Android emulator that changes your Windows or Mac computer into an Android device. So you can sign in with Google account and install Instagram in the virtual Android device.
- Download Bluestacks from its official website, install and launch it on your computer.
- Log in to with your Google account and click on the “Right Arrow” located at the bottom right side of your screen.
- Once you are done, you will be redirected to the Bluestacks dashboard. Then go to Google Play Store, search and download the Instagram app.
- After that, open the Instagram app and login to your account. Then click on “Instagram Direct” and select the desired conversation to start messaging.
Note: It has some bugs meanwhile. For example, users might fail to sign in, install Instagram or it may even slow down your PC. Once you find any problem with the tool, you can try to uninstall it and look for other methods.
Method 3. Use Third-party Application
You can also use third-party applications like IG:dm – a free and open source project to continue your Instagram direct messages from your phone to your desktop. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
That’s it! Above are the exact methods on how to send direct message on Instagram from computer. Hope this article helped you to get what you want. If you like this post, please don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions for us, then let us know in the comment section below.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Fix SD Card Not Showing Up or Detected in Windows 10/8/7
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)/XR
- 2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer/Backup Text Messages from iPhone to Computer (PC & Mac)
- How to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- Pen Drive Recovery: Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive
- Top 5 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Unlock?
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It