Unlike Facebook and Twitter, Instagram limits users to post and engage with if they’re logged in through a computer. From instagram.com, you can normally scroll through your feeds and access the latest posts, but there’s no option for you to upload photos or watch stories, as well as the option to use the Direct Message service. What if you work consistently on a computer? Do you want to use Instagram’s DM service on your PC or Mac computer?
People also read: iMessage on PC|How to Get/Use iMessage on Windows PC
Take it easy. In this guide, we’re going to explain how to check/view Direct Messages (DM) on Instagram from computer.
Way 1: Use Instagram App for Windows 10
Instagram now has an app on Windows Store, which lets you send photo and video as direct messages from desktop. You can download this free Instagram App for Windows, log in to your Instagram account to direct message on computer.
- Get the free Instagram app for Windows from Windows App Store.
- Install and launch the app on your Windows PC, then sign in on it.
- Tap on the “Direct message” icon and select your friend whom you want to direct message.
- To check your messages, click on the arrow icon and head to the conversation section to view them.
Note: This the easiest and most convenient method to direct message someone on Instagram from computer, but the downside is that it is only available for Windows 10 users.
Way 2: Use Bluestacks for Windows/Mac
Bluestacks Player is a free Android emulator that changes your Windows or Mac computer into an Android device. So you can sign in with Google account and install Instagram in the virtual Android device. Then you’re able to direct messages in Instagram on PC or Mac.
- Download Bluestacks from its official website, install and launch it on your computer.
- Log in to with your Google account and click on the “Right Arrow” located at the bottom right side of your screen.
- Once you are done, you will be redirected to the Bluestacks dashboard. Then go to Google Play Store, search and download the Instagram app.
- After that, open the Instagram app and login to your account. Then click on “Instagram Direct” and select the desired conversation to start messaging.
Note: Bluestacks has some bugs meanwhile. For example, users might fail to sign in, install Instagram or it may even slow down your PC. Once you find any problem with the tool, you can try to uninstall it and look for other methods.
Way 3: Use Third-party App for Instagram DM
There are many third-party apps which can be used to access Instagram on your computer. One such example is IG:dm – a free and open source project to continue your Instagram direct messages from your phone to your desktop. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Just download the right version from its official website and complete the installation process. Once you are done with the setup, you’ll be directed to a window with a search tab. There, you can search for any Instagram users and start a conversion.
Way 4: Use Instagram Direct Message Chrome
If you want to check and view Instagram direct messages on your PC or Mac without installing any apps and software, then this method is right for you. Direct Message Reader for Instagram allows you reading your latest Instagram DM on computer. With this Instagram Direct Message Chrome extension, you can receive notifications about new messages in Instagram. And you can access your Instagram DM in one click and read your messages directly in your browser. Please note that this extension is currently for reading only, no sending yet.
Bonus Tip: How to Download Instagram Videos on PC/Mac
That’s it! Above are the exact methods on how to check & view direct message on Instagram from computer. Besides, there are times when you come across funny videos on Instagram and want to save Instagram videos to your computer. Well, it is also as easy as pie. On your PC or Mac, you can do it with a third-party video download tool. Fucosoft Video Converter can help you download videos from Instagram on you computer in simple steps. Also, you can download videos from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sources. Moreover, this tool lets you convert downloaded videos to other popular formats, crop video, add watermark, add subtitles, and much more. Feel free to download it and have a try!
Follow these steps to download Instagram videos to your PC or Mac:
- Download, install and launch Fucosoft Instagram Video Downloader on your computer.
- Copy the Video URL on Instagram, back to the downloader and click “+Paste URL”, then the program will analyze the link automatically.
- Once the analyzing is finished, you can choose your desired format and resolution, then click “Download” to save the Instagram video to your computer.
Hope this article helped you to get what you want. If you like this post, please don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions for us, then let us know in the comment section below.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover deleted or lost data from iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- 5 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages 
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer 
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- Snapchat Recovery: Recover Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- Top 5 Best Offline Music Apps for iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X
- How to Fix Android USB Not Detected but Charging Problem
- How to Download Zedge Ringtones to iPhone
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software for PC
- How to Download & Save Videos from Tumblr to iPhone