How to Direct Message on Instagram on Computer
Unlike Facebook and Twitter, Instagram limits users to post and engage with if they’re logged in through a computer. From instagram.com, you can normally scroll through your feeds and access the latest posts, but there’s no option for you to upload photos or watch stories, as well as send & receive direct messages. What if you work consistently on a computer? You might want to use or send Instagram direct messages from the computer.
In this guide, we’re going to explain how to check/view Instagram Direct Messages (DM) on PC or Mac.
- Method 1. Use Instagram App for Windows
- Method 2. Use Bluestacks Windows/Mac
- Method 3. Use Third-party Application
People also read: iMessage on PC|How to Get/Use iMessage on Windows PC
Method 1. Use Instagram App for Windows
Instagram now has an app on Windows Store, which lets you send photo and video DMs from your PC. You can download this free Instagram App for Windows, log in to your Instagram account to direct message on the desktop computer.
- Get the free Instagram app for Windows from Microsoft Store.
- Install and launch the app on your Windows PC, then sign in on it.
- Tap on the “Direct message” icon and select your friend whom you want to direct message.
Method 2. Use Bluestacks for Windows/Mac
Bluestacks Player is a free Android emulator that changes your Windows or Mac computer into an Android device. So you can sign in with Google account and install Instagram in the virtual Android device.
- Download Bluestacks from its official website, install and launch it on your computer.
- Log in to with your Google account and click on the “Right Arrow” located at the bottom right side of your screen.
- Once you are done, you will be redirected to the Bluestacks dashboard. Then go to Google Play Store, search and download the Instagram app.
- After that, open the Instagram app and login to your account. Then click on “Instagram Direct” and select the desired conversation to start messaging.
Note: It has some bugs meanwhile. For example, users might fail to sign in, install Instagram or it may even slow down your PC. Once you find any problem with the tool, you can try to uninstall it and look for other methods.
Method 3. Use Third-party Application
You can also use third-party applications like IG:dm – a free and open source project to continue your Instagram direct messages from your phone to your desktop. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Bonus Tip: How to Download Instagram Videos on PC/Mac
That’s it! Above are the exact methods on how to send direct message on Instagram from computer. There are times when you come across funny videos on Instagram and want to save Instagram videos to your computer. Well, it is as easy as pie. On your PC or Mac, you can do it with an third-party video download tool. Fucosoft Video Converter can help you download videos from Instagram on you computer in simple steps. Also, you can download videos from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sources. Moreover, this tool lets you convert downloaded videos to other popular formats, crop video, add watermark, add subtitles, and much more. Feel free to download it and have a try!
Hope this article helped you to get what you want. If you like this post, please don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions for us, then let us know in the comment section below.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Top 7 Best Free YouTube Video Downloader 2019
- iPhone Stuck in Headphone Mode? Here’s Why & The Fix
- Recycle Bin Recovery: Recover Deleted Files from Emptied Recycle Bin
- Lost Partition Recovery: Recover Deleted or Lost Partitions
- SD Card Recovery: Recover Deleted Files and Photos from SD Card
- How to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Screen Issues
- How to Recover Deleted Voicemail on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- Top 5 Best 4K Video Downloader for YouTube
- How to Direct Message on Instagram on Computer