There is a lot of information on your Android device that you would rather keep private and the best way to do that is to lock the device. This will prevent someone else who doesn’t have the password from accessing the private data. There are a lot of ways to lock your Android device. Depending on your model, you can choose to use a PIN, password, pattern, fingerprint or facial recognition.
But it is easy to set a password and then forget. In this case, you will be unable to unlock the device and therefore you won’t be able to access the data on it. In this article, we will take a look at how you can unlock Android phone with or without your Google account.
Part 1. How Unlock Android Phone without Google Account
If you don’t have a Google account, the best way to unlock the device and gain access to the data on it is to use a third-party unlocking tool like iMyFone LockWiper (Android). The following features make it the most ideal tool to use when unlocking your Android device without a Google account:
- It can be used to bypass all types of screen locks including Pattern, PIN, password and fingerprints.
- It will unlock the Android device without causing data loss.
- It has a very simple to use interface, making it the ideal tool even for beginners.
- It supports most Android devices as well as all versions of the Android OS.
Here’s how you can use iMyFone LockWiper (Android) to unlock an Android device without Google Account:
Step 1: Download, install and launch iMyFone LockWiper (Android) on your computer. Connect your Android phone and wait for the program to detect the device.
Step 2: Once the program recognizes the device, confirm your device info and click on “Start Unlock” to continue.
Step 3: iMyFone LockWiper will then download and install a unlocking data package for your Android phone.
Step 4: Once your Android device is in recovery mode, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the unlocking process.
Part 2. How to Unlock Android Phone with Google Account
2.1 Unlock Android Phone with Google Account
You can very easily unlock the locked Android device using your Google account. Follow these simple steps to do it if the device is lost or missing:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on any device and sign in to your Google account.
- Once signed in, click on “Security” from the options on the left and then select “Find a Lost or Stolen Phone”.
- Select the device that you want to unlock from the list of devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to locate and secure the device.
Please note that this process will only work if the Android device was signed in to your Google Account.
2.2 Unlock Android Phone by Reset Your Pattern
If you have an Android device that runs Android 4.4 or below, you may be able to reset the pattern using your Google account. Here’s how to do it:
- When you try to unlock your phone several times with the wrong pattern, you will see a “Forgot Pattern” link or button appear on the screen. Tap on it.
- When prompted to sign in to your Google account, ensure that you use the same account that you used to set up the device.
- Once you are signed in, you will be able to reset the screen lock and access the device easily.
2.3 Unlock Android Phone via Android Device Manager
You can also unlock Android device using Android Device Manager. This is an Android feature that allows you to access the Android device remotely from another device or computer. To use this feature to unlock the device, follow these simple steps:
- Go to ADM website on any other Android device and log in using the Google account associated with the device you are trying to unlock.
- Once you are signed in, click on “Lock” and you will be prompted to enter a temporary password. Click “Lock” again to continue.
- You will then see the options: Ring, Lock and Erase.
- Setup a temporary password that you can use to unlock the device. Use it and you can access the device’s settings to lock the device again.
This solution will only work is Android Device Manager is enabled on the locked device, GPS is turned on and the device you want to unlock is running Android 4.4 or higher.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7