Setting a password for your iPhone is an important way to protect the information on the device. What if you forgot your iPhone passcode? The only option to access the device is reset it to factory settings. There are four different ways that you can use to factory reset locked iPhone without knowing the password. You can choose one of the unlock methods depending on your situation.
Way 1: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad without Password
If you are searching for the easiest way to factory reset locked iPhone without passcode, we suggest you try Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker. This powerful tool enables you to reset locked iPhone or iPad to factory settings without iTunes or iCloud. It supports various screen passcode types, such as 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, etc. This iPhone Unlocker tool is compatible with all iPhone models and iOS versions, including the latest iPhone 11/11 Pro and iOS 13. Also, it is able to remove Apple ID or iCloud account on iPhone or iPad.
Here’s how to factory reset locked iPhone without iTunes/iCloud:
Step 1: Download, install and run Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker tool on your Windows PC or Mac computer. In the main interface, select “Unlock Screen Passcode” to continue.
Step 2: In the next window, click on “Start” and connect your locked iPhone or iPad to the computer via USB cable. When the device is detected, click on “Download” to download the firmware package.
Step 3: Wait for the firmware download to complete. After that, click on “Start Unlock” and enter “000000” to confirm the action. The program will unlock the locked iPhone/iPad and reset it factory settings.
Way 2: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad with iTunes
If you have synced your locked iPhone/iPad with iTunes before and you’re sure that the Find My iPhone is disabled on the device, you can factory reset the locked iPhone or iPad by using iTunes. Follow the steps given below:
- Connect your locked iPhone or iPad to the computer that you used to sync with iTunes before. iTunes will open automatically and detect the connected device.
- If iTunes requires you to enter a passcode or your have never synced the iDevice with iTunes, you can either use Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker or skip to the Way 4 to reset locked iPhone/iPad via Recovery Mode.
- In the Summary section, click “Restore Backup” and in the following pop-up message box, choose a backup to restore and then click “Restore”.
iTunes will reset the locked iPhone/iPad and restore your data from the backup that you backed up before. If you working with a Mac run on macOS Catalina 10.15, you should launch Finder instead of iTunes and perform the unlock task through Finder.
Way 3: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad with iCloud
If the iTunes method didn’t work for you or you have enabled the Find My iPhone feature on your locked iPhone previously, you can choose to reset the locked device to factory settings using iCloud. Follow the steps outlined below to do it:
- Visit the official iCloud website on your computer or any other device. Once you go there, log into your iCloud account if you haven’t logged in.
- Select “Find iPhone” from all the listed tools, click on “All Devices” at the top and you sill see a list of iOS devices linked to this iCloud account.
- Select your locked iPhone or iPad and click on “Erase iPhone/iPad”, then iCloud will reset and erase all contents including passcode from the device.
Your can follow the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone/iPad as new device, or choose to restore your data from an iCloud backup, provided that you have one.
Way 4: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad with Recovery Mode
As we mentioned above, if you haven’t synced iPhone/iPad with iTunes, you can also use Recovery mode to reset a locked iPhone. Please note that you should know the Apple ID and password that used on the device. Follow the steps below to put your locked iPhone into Recovery mode and reset it to factory settings:
Step 1: Connect your locked iPhone to a computer with USB cable and launch the latest version of iTunes. (If not, go to Apple’s website to download and update. If you are on a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, start Finder.)
Step 2: Keep your iPhone connected and follow these steps to put it into Recovery mode.
- For iPhone 8 or later: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then do the same with the Volume Down button. Finally, keep holding the Side button until the Recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Keep holding the Top/Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time until you see the Recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier: Keep holding the Home and Top/Side buttons at the same time until the Recovery mode screen shows up.
Step 3: Once your iPhone is into Recovery mode, iTunes or Finder will display a message on your computer. Select the option of “Restore” and iTunes will reset the locked iPhone to factory settings.
After the restore process completes, you can follow the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone as new or restore from a previous iTunes backup.
Now you’ve learned 4 different methods to reset a locked iPhone without knowing the passcode. You can choose any of the given methods above to do the task and follow its steps carefully. However, for the people who have never done it before, we recommend you to try the first method – Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker. Using the software will make your work much easier and also you are able to fix many other iOS system issues such as iPhone is disabled.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s