iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Unlock?
Recently a Shanghai mom is locked out of her iPhone X for 47 years after her 2-year-old son repeatedly entered the wrong passcode, according to a Chinese media report. Actually this mom is not alone, many users may find themselves in a situation in which “iPhone/iPad is disabled connect to iTunes” due to the repeated entry of the wrong passcode. How to fix it? Don’t panic. Here this post will discuss why your iPhone or iPad is disabled and solutions on how to unlock a disabled iPhone.
- Part 1. Why Your iPhone or iPad is Disabled?
- Part 2. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with iOS Repair
- Part 3. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with iTunes
- Part 4. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with Recovery Mode
- Part 5. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with iCloud
Part 1. Why Your iPhone or iPad is Disabled?
Apple’s iPhone provide powerful built security measure with its passcode system. While the passcode process protect iPhone from authorized access, it can pose a problem when one forgets passcode. Basically, entering the wrong passcode six times, you’ll end up with a disabled iPhone or iPad.
Below is how many times you can enter an incorrect passcode before your iPhone or iPad is disabled:
- 1 -5 incorrect passcode attempts: No problem.
- 6 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute.
- 7 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes.
- 8 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes.
- 9 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes.
- 10 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes. (If Settings > Passcode > Erase Data is switched ON, all data will be erased from the iPhone.)
Part 2. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with iOS Repair
If your iPhone says “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”, what should you do? Here is the good news. Fucosoft iOS Repair can help you fix iPhone is disabled problem without any hassle. Also, it can fix other iOS issues like iPhone stuck in recovery mode, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc. This program is compatible with all the leading iOS devices like iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus, and works well with the latest iOS 12.
Below we’ll show you how to unlock a disabled iPhone using Fucosoft iOS Repair:
- Step 1. Download and launch Fucosoft iOS Repair, then select the “Repair”option from the main menu.
- Step 2. Connect your disabled iPhone or iPad to the computer with USB cable and click on “Start”.
- Step 3. Go through the iPhone details and click “Next”. Then follow the on-screen instruction to enter the iPhone into DFU mode.
- Step 4. The program will detect the correct firmware, just click “Download”. Then click on “Fix Now” to restore the iPhone.
After restoring, restart your iPhone and start using it normally. If you have suffered any data loss, you can restore data using the “Recover” option from the main menu. With it, you can retrieve data from iCloud or iTunes backups, or even directly from iPhone or iPad.
Part 3. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with iTunes
If you’ve previously synced your iPhone using iTunes before it is disabled, you are in luck. You can use iTunes to create backups for your iPhone and restore it as new without any issue.
- Connect your disabled iPhone or iPad to the computer you’ve synced with.
- Open iTunes and click the device icon. Then wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.
- After the sync and backup have finished, click on the “Restore” button.
- When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iPhone, tap “Restore from iTunes backup”.
- Just select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup of your iPhone/iPad.
Part 4. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with Recovery Mode
If the above method doesn’t work, or you’ve never synced your device with iTunes, you can put your device into Recovery Mode to get rid of the disabled iPhone. Please note that you’ll lose all of your data.
- Connect your disabled iPhone/iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
- While your device is connected, force restart it and put it into Recovery Mode.
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, select “Restore”.
- After the restore process is finished, you can set up and use your device.
Part 5. How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with iCloud
If your iPhone was signed into iCloud and you had Find My iPhone enabled before it is disabled, you can use iCloud to restore your device and remove data as well as the passcode on it.
- Go to iCloud.com/find and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Select “All Devices” at the top and click on the device that is currently disabled.
- Choose “Erase iPhone” to erase the device and its passcode.
- Wait for your iPhone to finish erasing and restore a backup if needed.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- iPhone Contacts Missing Names? Here’s the Fix
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop on iOS 12/11
- 4 Ways to Fix an iPad or iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
- How to Fix iPhone/iPad Keyboard Not Working Problem
- WAV to MP3: 5 Easy Ways to Convert WAV to MP3
- Twitter Video Downloader: Download Twitter Videos & GIF
- Top 5 Best 4K Video Downloader for YouTube
- 5 Best Free Online YouTube Video Downloader 2018