We all love watching YouTube videos on smartphone, and sometimes we want to download our favorite YouTube videos on Android and save the videos for offline playback. If you have a YouTube Premium subscription, it’s easy to download YouTube videos using the official YouTube app. Just use the Download icon that appears below any video currently playing to save it to your Android phone for offline watching.
However, YouTube Premium is a paid service at $11.99 per month. Don’t worry. There are also many free YouTube video downloaders for Android available. In this article, we will introduce the 5 best free Android YouTube Downloaders for you to download YouTube videos on Android without subscribing to YouTube Premium. These apps can apply to all popular Android devices from Samsung, Google, Huawei, HTC, LG, Xiaomi, etc. Please note that they are against Google’s Terms of Service, so don’t expect to find them in the Google Play Store.
See the Top 8 Best Free YouTube Video Downloader if you are a Windows user and wish to download YouTube videos to your PC.
Here is the list of 5 best free YouTube downloader apps for Android:
Videoder is a powerful YouTube downloader for Android that offers fast and easy download. This app comes with a pretty basic user interface that you can download YouTube videos on Android device easily. The in app browser combs through different video streaming services like YouTube, Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Voot, so you can browse the web without interruptions and search for any video you want.
- Free to use, user-friendly and customizable interface.
- Provides a Quick Download option that allows you download without waiting for the links to load.
- Multiple Downloading feature lets you download hundreds of videos with just a click.
- Uses multiple network connections to accelerate the downloading speed.
- Smart link detection tool detects the link of any media file that you copies and shows a popup to download.
- You can personalize the Videoder app by using themes, setting cover art, etc.
- The video search engine doesn’t cover all video streaming sites and sometimes may fail to work.
- You can download audio files in MP3 and M4A formats only.
- The app contains ads until you buy the Videoder Premium plugin.
How to download YouTube videos on Android with Videoder:
- Launch the Videoder YouTube Downloader app on your Android device, you’ll find a list of websites.
- Open YouTube and search for the video you want to save, then click its thumbnail and wait for the app to direct you to the preview page.
- Tap on the Download button and select the download link that pops up, then choose the video quality and format to start the video download.
- Once the download is finished, go to Downloads tab to find the downloaded video.
Another option of the best YouTube video downloader for Android is VidMate. Like the Videoder app, VidMate lets you download videos from popular video streaming and social media sites. The app has a powerful search bar so you can see trending videos or directly download while you’re browsing on the app. Also, it allows you to download unlimited movies and TV series with a library from more than 200 television channels.
- Supports unlimited downloads from more than 1000+ websites.
- Capable of downloading HD videos, including 2K, 4K and more.
- The download speed is fast and consistent, and you can customize the speed rate.
- Provides encrypted space to store your videos and protect your privacy.
- The app is packed with annoying ads.
- Requires fast and stable internet connection.
How to download YouTube videos on Android with VidMate:
- Launch the VidMate app, tap on the YouTube icon on the main interface to open the site.
- Input keywords to search for the video you want to download and tap on the Download button at the lower right corner.
- Select the quality for your video and tap the Download option to start downloading.
SnapTube is another free YouTube downloader app you can trust to download any video from YouTube to your Android phone, so you can play it later without an internet connection. It has a very simple and friendly user interface, letting you download YouTube videos with no technical knowledge. The app offers multiple resolutions for each download or you can choose to download only the audio instead of the whole video.
- Comes with simple and straightforward interface, no ads or malware.
- Provides several search options including 11 subcategories so users can search for their desired videos easily.
- Allows users to download YouTube videos and music by batch.
- YouTube downloads are restricted from within USA and China.
- Cannot download embedded YouTube videos.
How to download YouTube videos on Android with SnapTube:
- Download and install SnapTube YouTube video downloader to your Android phone.
- Launch the app and enter the video name in the search bar to find the video you wish to download.
- Tap on the Download button and then select your preferred resolution to save the YouTube video to your Android device
TubeMate is one of the best apps to download your favorite YouTube videos directly onto Android phone. The app comes with a built-in browser and is clearly geared towards downloads, with a green download button at the top of the page. You are enabled to choose the resolution and video quality you prefer. Not only YouTube videos, you can also download videos from other websites like Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc.
- Built-in browser enables you to access websites directly from the app.
- You can play downloaded video or audio directly from the app.
- You can set the speed limit of your download and limit how many videos you can download simultaneously.
- Fast Download Mode lets you use several connections to download one video then speed up download.
- Cluttered interface and limited file format options.
- It may slow down and crash your device.
- The app is not open source, shows ads and asks for personal information that it could share with third parties.
How to download YouTube videos on Android with TubeMate:
- Launch the TubeMate app and search for a particular YouTube video you want to download.
- Play the video, you’ll see a green Download button appear onscreen. Tap on that button and choose your preferred video quality in the popup.
- Tap on the Download button again to begin the download, and you’ll get a notification at the top of screen when it has finished downloading.
- Go to the Download list and tap the three dots next to any video to play the video or move it to another folder on your Android device.
Looking for the best YouTube video downloader for Android? InsTube YouTube Downloader is an amazing choice. It is the best free Video & Music Downloader trusted by over 4 billion users. You can download music and videos from 100+ sites, including YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, Vimeo, Vine, Vevo, Dailymotion, etc. Plus, you can choose the quality of YouTube videos and music before downloading it.
- Easy download with simple and intuitive interface.
- Supports downloading YouTube videos in HD, Full HD or 4K resolutions.
- Allows you to download YouTube videos and music with 10X faster speed.
- Inbuilt Video Locker lets you create private space for your videos to protect your personal privacy.
- Unwanted ads popup on the screen and there is no way to remove the ads.
How to download YouTube videos on Android with InsTube:
- Download and install the InsTube app on your Android phone, then launch it.
- Open the YouTube app and search for the video you want to download, then tap on the desired video.
- Tap on the share button under the video and choose “Download with InsTube”, then it will turn to InsTube app.
- Tap on the read download button on the bottom right of the screen and choose your preferred format to start downloading.
- Once the download is finished, you will see the downloaded video on your files list. You can tap on the green play button to watch it.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2020 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7