Adventure Sync is a Pokémon Go feature that connects to Google Fit Android or Apple Health for iOS to help you keep track of your health data. Pokémon Go requires a lot of walking and you might as well keep track of all these steps and the data that goes along with it.
Sometimes though, Adventure Sync can fail to work as it should. In this article, we share with you some of the ways you can fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not working issue.
Part 1. What is Pokémon Go Adventure Sync and How it Works?
Like we’ve already seen, Adventure Sync is a Pokémon Go feature that allows users to track steps as they walk. It was launched in 2018 and it is available for free. It uses the GPS on device and data from fitness apps like Google Fit and Apple Health. You get in-game credit based on the distance you walked, even when Pokémon Go was not open on your device.
Part 2. Why is My Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working?
The Adventure Sync Not Working problem can be caused by a number of problems including the following:
- Adventure Sync will not work if the Pokémon Go game is still running. The game must be closed completely for Adventure Sync working properly.
- It is also possible that you don’t have a fitness tracking application that is compatible with Adventure Sync. Google Fit Android and Apple Health on iOS are the ideal fitness apps to use.
- You need to be biking, running or walking at speeds of less than 10km per hour to get the rewards. Your fitness data will not be recorded if you’re faster than that.
- The Adventure Sync feature also needs go be enabled in the Pokémon Go settings.
- Your device also needs to be compatible with Adventure Sync, Pokémon Go and all the health applications that you need.
Part 3. How to Fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working
The following are the most effective ways to fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync not working:
1. Ensure Adventure Sync is Activated
The first thing you need to do is make sure that Adventure Sync is activated in Pokémon Go. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Pokémon Go app on your device and tap the Poke Ball icon.
- Then go to Settings and check “Adventure Sync”.
- In the message that pops up, tap “Turn it on” to confirm and you will see a message saying “Adventure Sync is Enabled”.
2. Check that Adventure Sync Has All Needed Permissions
On iOS Devices:
- Go to Apple Health and then verify that “Adventure Sync” is allowed in “Sources”.
- And then go to Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness and then turn on “Fitness Tracking”.
On Android devices:
- Go to Google Fit and ensure it has access to “Storage” and “Location”.
- Then allow Pokémon Go to access Google Fit data from your Google Account.
3. Log Out of Pokémon Go and Log Back in
Logout of the Pokémon Go app and all related health apps such as Google Fit/Apple Health. Then sign back into all apps to see if the problem has been resolved.
4. Update Pokémon Go to the Latest Version
Updating the Pokémon Go app to the latest version will eliminate any bugs that may be causing the problem.
To update Pokémon Go on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device and then tap on the menu icon. Then Tap “My Apps and Games”.
- Type “Pokémon Go” in the search bar and tap on it when it appears.
- Then tap “Update” and wait for the app to be updated.
To update Pokémon Go on iOS devices:
- Open the App Store and tap on the Today button.
- Tap on the Profile button at the top of the screen.
- Locate the Pokémon Go app and click on the “Update” button.
5. Turn off Battery Saver Mode on Your Device
The battery saver mode on your Android device works by restricting the background function of some services, applications and sensors. If Pokémon Go app and Google Fit are some of the apps affected, then they may not work if battery saver mode is enabled. Disabling battery saver mode may therefore fix the Adventure Sync not working issue on your Android device. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Open the Settings on your device and then tap “Battery”.
- Tap on “Battery Saver” and then select “Turn Off Now”.
6. Set the Time Zone of Your Device to Automatic
If you have set the Time Zone on your device to the manual time zone, Adventure Sync may fail to work when you travel to a different time zone. You can fix this easily by setting the Time Zone on your device to automatic. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device and then tap on the “Date and Time” option. (Samsung users should go to General > Date and Time.)
- Turn on “Automatic Time Zone”.
- Open the Settings App and then tap on “General”.
- Tap “Date & Time” and then turn on “Set Automatically”.
7. Change Your Devices Location to High Accuracy
You can also easily fix this problem by ensuring that the device’s location is set to “High Accuracy”. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Settings on your device and then go to “Security & Lock Screen”.
- Click on “Location” and then turn on “Google Location Accuracy”.
8. Link Pokémon Go and Google Fit Again
Common bugs and glitches with the Pokémon Go app can easily unlink it from the Google Fit app. Follow these simple steps to link the game with Google Fit again:
- Open the Google Fit app on your device and then click “Profile”.
- Tap “Settings” and then select “Manage Connected Apps”.
- Locate the Pokémon Go app and click “Disconnect”.
- Then, reconnect the game and the Google Fit application again to see if the problem will go away.
9. Uninstall and Reinstall the Pokémon Go App
If even after taking all the steps above, the Adventure Sync feature is still not working, then we recommend uninstalling the Pokémon Go app from your device. Then restart the device and reinstall the app on to the device. This may be the best way to fix any issues with Adventure Sync.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7