Adventure Sync is a new Pokémon Go feature that connects to Google Fit for Android or Apple Health for iOS to help you keep track of the distance you travel without opening the game. It provides a weekly summary where you can view the progress of your hatchery and candy, as well as activity statistics.
Sometimes though, Adventure Sync can fail to work as it should. In this article, you will learn the most common reasons and how to fix the problem to get Adventure Sync working again on your device.
Part 1. What is Pokémon Go Adventure Sync and How It Works?
Like we’ve already seen, Adventure Sync is a Pokémon Go feature that allows users to track steps as they walk. It was launched in 2018 and it is available for free. It uses the GPS on device and data from fitness apps like Google Fit and Apple Health. Then you can get in-game credit based on the distance you walked, even when Pokémon Go was not open on your device.
Part 2. Why is My Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working?
Why won’t Pokémon Go Adventure sync work? The problem can be caused by a number of problems including the following:
- Adventure Sync will not work if the Pokémon Go game is still running. The game must be closed completely for Adventure Sync working properly.
- Pokémon Go Adventure Sync may not work properly if you are using an outdated version of the app.
- The Adventure Sync feature needs be enabled in the Pokémon Go settings. Also, all the necessary permissions need be granted for Pokémon Go.
- It is also possible that you don’t have a fitness tracking application that is compatible with Adventure Sync. Google Fit on Android and Apple Health on iOS are the ideal fitness apps to use.
- You need to be biking, running or walking at speeds of less than 10km per hour to get the rewards. Your fitness data will not be recorded if you’re faster than that.
- If you are using battery optimizer or a manual time zone on your device, you may also experience Adventure Sync not working problem.
Part 3. How to Fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working
How do I fix Adventure Sync in Pokémon Go not working? The following are the most effective ways to try:
1. Ensure Adventure Sync Is Activated
The first thing you need to do is make sure that Adventure Sync is activated in Pokémon Go. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Pokémon Go app on your device and tap the Poke Ball icon.
- Then go to Settings and check “Adventure Sync”.
- In the message that pops up, tap “Turn It On” to confirm and you will see a message saying “Adventure Sync is Enabled”.
2. Check that Adventure Sync Has All Needed Permissions
On Android Devices:
- Go to Google Fit and ensure it has access to “Storage” and “Location”.
- Then allow Pokémon Go to access Google Fit data from your Google Account.
On iOS Devices:
- Go to Apple Health and then verify that “Adventure Sync” is allowed in “Sources”.
- And then go to Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness and then turn on “Fitness Tracking”.
3. Log Out of Pokémon Go and Log Back in
Logout of the Pokémon Go app and all related health apps such as Google Fit/Apple Health. Then sign back into all apps to see if the problem has been resolved.
4. Update Pokémon Go to the Latest Version
Updating the Pokémon Go app to the latest version will eliminate any bugs that may be causing the problem.
To update Pokémon Go on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device and then tap on the menu icon. Then Tap “My Apps and Games”.
- Type “Pokémon Go” in the search bar and tap on it when it appears.
- Then tap “Update” and wait for the app to be updated.
To update Pokémon Go on iOS devices:
- Open the App Store and tap on the Today button.
- Tap on the Profile button at the top of the screen.
- Locate the Pokémon Go app and click on the “Update” button.
5. Turn off Battery Saver Mode on Your Device
The battery saver mode on your Android device works by restricting the background function of some services, applications and sensors. If Pokémon Go app and Google Fit are some of the apps affected, then they may not work if battery saver mode is enabled. Disabling battery saver mode may therefore fix the Adventure Sync not working issue on your Android device. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Open the Settings on your device and then tap “Battery”.
- Tap on “Battery Saver” and then select “Turn Off Now”.
6. Set the Time Zone of Your Device to Automatic
If you have set the Time Zone on your device to the manual time zone, Adventure Sync may fail to work when you travel to a different time zone. You can fix this easily by setting the Time Zone on your device to automatic. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device and then tap on the “Date and Time” option. (Samsung users should go to General > Date and Time.)
- Turn on “Automatic Time Zone”.
- Open the Settings App and then tap on “General”.
- Tap “Date & Time” and then turn on “Set Automatically”.
7. Change Your Devices Location Permissions
You can also easily fix this problem by ensuring that the device’s location permissions are set to “always allow”. Here’s how to do that:
- For Android: On your device, go to Settings >Apps & notifications > Pokémon Go > Permissions and turn on “Location”.
- For iOS: Go to Settings >Privact > Location Services > Pokémon Go and turn Location Permissions to “Always”.
8. Link Pokémon Go and Google Fit/Apple Health Again
Common bugs and glitches with the Pokémon Go app can easily unlink it from the Google Fit or Apple Health app. Follow these simple steps to ensure that your device is recording fitness progress properly and the Pokémon Go app is connected:
- Google Fit: Open Settings > Google > Google Fit and choose “Connected apps and devices”.
- Apple Health: Open Apple Health and click on “Sources”.
Confirm that Pokémon Go is listed as a connected device. If not, reconnect the game and the Google Fit or Apple Health app again to see if the problem goes away.
9. Uninstall and Reinstall the Pokémon Go App
If even after taking all the steps above, the Adventure Sync feature is still not working, then we recommend uninstalling the Pokémon Go app from your device. Then restart the device and reinstall the app on to the device. This may be the best way to fix any issues with Adventure Sync.
10. Fix Adventure Sync Not Working by Spoofing Location
Spoofing GPS location is one of the best tricks to fake your device’s GPS movement and enhace your activity on Adventure Sync even when you sit at home. Fucosoft Location Changer is a powerful location spoofing application that allows you change GPS location and create a customized route. Using it, you can easily spoof GPS movements on location-based games like Pokémon Go. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Install Fucosoft iOS/Anroid Location Changer on your Windows PC or Mac computer. Run it and click on “Get Started”.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone or Android phone to the computer using a USB cable and wait for the program to detect the device.
Step 3: In the right corner of the map, select “Two-spot Mode” or “Multi-spot Mode” and set your desired destinations, then click “Move” to start the movement.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7