Contacts on our iPhone are the most important and valuable part. Losing your contacts can be a major disruption to your life. Therefore, it is always a good idea to backup iPhone contacts regularly to avoid unexpected data loss during an iOS update, jailbreak, factory reset, iPhone crashing, freezing, broken, lost or stolen, etc.
How to backup contacts on iPhone? This article will show you 5 easy ways to backup iPhone contacts so that you can easily restore them or use them on another device.
Part 1: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to PC/Mac
Trying to retrieving your lost contacts in the absence of a data recovery tool can be an overwhelming task. Fortunately, it is quick and easy to backup iPhone contacts to a computer with third-party tools. Fucosoft Free iOS Backup & Restore is a good choice for backup contacts on iPhone to PC or Mac.
Not only contacts, but you can also selectively back up messages, WhatsApp, WeChat, photos, videos, notes, and much more data on iPhone and restore them to any iOS device you want. The program works for all iOS devices, including the latest iPhone 12/11 Pro running on iOS 15/14.
Simple Steps to Backup Contacts on iPhone to PC or Mac:
Step 1: Download, install and launch the Fucosoft iPhone Contacts Backup tool, then connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 2: Once the device is connected, choose “Backup & Restore” from the top menu to continue.
Step 3: Select the file types you need to backup and click on “Backup” to begin the backup process. You’ll get a notification when the backup ends.
After that, you can freely view and export contacts from the backup or restore the backup to your device.
Part 2: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to iCloud
If you use iCloud as your basic backup solution, contacts will be synced and backed up to iCloud automatically. Follow the steps given below to back up iPhone contacts with iCloud:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- To backup your contacts via iCloud, tap the toggle next to Contacts if it’s not already green.
- You will get a message asking if you’d like to merge any existing contacts, select Merge.
- To check that your contacts synced and backed up, log in to your account at iCloud.com and see if they’re there.
Part 3: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to iTunes
If you choose not to use iCloud to back up your contacts, there is another way to do it. In this section, we will show you how to back up iPhone contacts with iTunes. Here’s how to do it:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Next, tap on the device icon and then click on the “Info” tab on the left-hand side; you’ll find the “Sync Contacts” option on the top.
- Check on the box to the left of “Sync Contacts,” then click on “Apply” on the bottom right-hand corner.
Part 4: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to Gmail
Besides iTunes and iCloud, Apple also provides you the option to backup contacts to some email account, such as Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo mail, AOL, Outlook, etc. Here we will take Gmail as an example. Follow the steps below：
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app and tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap on Add Account, and you’ll find many email services available, then choose Google.
- Next, enter your Google account and password, then tap on “Next” and switch the Contacts on.
- Now tap on “Save” at the top to back up your iPhone contacts to Gmail.
Part 5: How to Backup iPhone Contacts with Free App
The last way to back up your contacts on iPhone is using free third-party apps, like My Contacts Backup. It provides an easy way to backup and restore your contacts from your iPhone without needing a computer.
You can backup all your iPhone contacts with a single touch and send them to yourself as a .vcf attachment via email. You don’t have to create an account or log in with any service. However, please note that the backup is limited to a max of 500 contacts. For unlimited contacts backup, you need to download and buy the PRO version.
Simple Steps to Backup Contacts on iPhone with Free App:
- Download, install and launch this free iPhone contacts backup app, then click on “Backup.”
- The app will quickly backup all contacts on your iPhone, display the file size, and then click on “Email.”
- Enter your email address, and your iPhone contacts will be sent to you as a .vcf attachment through the mail app.
- If you want to restore contacts, tap on the .vcf backup file on your iPhone mail app and import all contacts.
The Bottom Line
We’ve introduced 5 ways to backup contacts on your iPhone; you can choose the one that best suits and keeps your contact list safe and secure. We will recommend the Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore method to backup iPhone contacts. You can make the backup in one click, and you can easily view your contacts in the backup.
If you accidentally delete contacts and there is no backup available, don’t worry; you can try Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery. This program can directly scan your device and help you recover deleted contacts from iPhone without backup.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7