iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It
Apple’s iMessage is a great way to get around text messaging fees and send messages to other iPhone users for free. Still, some of the users might experience iMessage not working issues. And iMessage doesn’t say delivered is one of the most common ones. Just like what Joseph wrote in MacRumors:
“I sent an iMessage to a friend and it doesn’t say Delivered as it usually does, and it doesn’t even show Not Delivered either. What does it mean? I turned my iMessage on and off but nothing seems to work. I’m sure he doesn’t have me blocked. Any problem with my iPhone? If anyone has had this problem before and knows a solution for this problem, please let me know. Thanks.”
People also read: How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
Have you ever encountered the same situation that iMessage not saying “Delivered” or “Not Delivered” on your iPhone? If there is no status underneath the sent iMessage, don’t worry, here this guide will walk you through troubleshooting steps to fix the iMessage doesn’t say delivered issue.
- What Does It Mean When iMessages Doesn’t Say Delivered
- 5 Simple Solutions to Fix iMessage Not Saying Delivered Issue
- Use iOS System Recovery to Fix iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered
What Does It Mean When iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered
iMessages can be received not only on an iPhone, but also on an iPad, Mac. The lack of a “Delivered” status means that it couldn’t be delivered to any of the recipient’s devices. There can be many reasons why iMessage not showing delivered, such as the receiving phone is off or in Airplane Mode, the phone has no Wi-Fi or cellular data networks. Actually, many iPhone users who have just updated to the latest iOS version (iOS 12 for now) always met this problem on their device.
5 Simple Solutions to Fix iMessage Not Saying Delivered Issue
Now let’s check the 5 simple methods below to fix the iMessage doesn’t say “Delivered” error on your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus or iPad.
1. Check iPhone Network Connection
Wi-Fi connection or cellular data is required for sending iMessage. So, you may just go to Settings > Wi-Fi or Cellular to check the network connection when you fail to deliver your iMessages.
2. Check Cellular Data Balance
Make sure that your Cellular data is still available if you use it to send and receive iMessages. Just go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Used and see if your data has run out.
3. Turn iMessage Off and Then On
If there is no problem with network connection or cellular data balance, you can try to restart your iMessage to fix this issue. Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage. Disable iMessage and turn it on again after several minutes.
4. Send iMessage as Text Message
iMessage not saying delivered may due to the recipient’s phone is a non-iOS device. In such case, you should resend the iMessage as a text messages by enabling Send as SMS (Settings > Messages > Send as SMS).
5. Restart Your iPhone or iPad
The final method that worked for iMessage not showing delivered issue is to rebooting your iPhone or iPad. Press and hold the power button until you see Slide to Power Off. Swipe the slider to turn off iPhone, then press the power button again to turn on iPhone.
Use iOS System Recovery to Fix iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered
If you have tried all possible solutions to get this issue solved but still fail, there maybe problems in the iOS firmware. To fix it, you can try Fucosoft iOS System Recovery, which is used to solve various types of iOS system issues such as iPhone stuck in recovery mode, DFU mode, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, headphone mode, black/white screen, etc. Plus, it supports all iOS devices like iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, etc. running on iOS 12/11.
- Run Fucosoft iOS System Recovery and connect your iPhone to computer using a USB cable.
- Tap on the “Standard Mode” button and click “Next”. The program will recognize the iPhone. If not, put the device into DFU mode or Recovery mode to get it detected.
- Confirm your device information and click “Download” to download the repaired firmware to fix issues with your iPhone.
- Once it is done, your device will reboot and back to normal state. Go to iMessage and check it it works well now.
Hope this guide help you to fix iMessage doesn’t say delivered problem. Sometimes you may come across important iMessage lose on your iPhone and have made no backup, fret not, Fucosoft also has powerful iPhone Data Recovery program. It can help you recover deleted text messages/iMessages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp, photos, videos, notes, etc. from iPhone or iPad in just one click.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Top 7 Best Free YouTube Video Downloader 2019
- iPhone Stuck in Headphone Mode? Here’s Why & The Fix
- Recycle Bin Recovery: Recover Deleted Files from Emptied Recycle Bin
- Lost Partition Recovery: Recover Deleted or Lost Partitions
- SD Card Recovery: Recover Deleted Files and Photos from SD Card
- How to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Screen Issues
- How to Recover Deleted Voicemail on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- Top 5 Best 4K Video Downloader for YouTube
- How to Direct Message on Instagram on Computer