iMessage Not Working on Mac, iPhone or iPad? Here’s the Fix
“Since the update to iOS 11 and Mac OSX High Sierra I seem to be having trouble with iMessages appearing on my Mac. They come through to my iPhone and iPad but not the Mac! Settings are all correct. Anyone else having this or know of a fix?”
People also read: How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
iMessage is a chat and instant messaging service for iPhone, iPad and Mac devices, which is considered a free alternative to text messages or SMS. However, it isn’t always working seamlessly as expected. Many users reported that iMessage stopped working on their iPhone, iPad or Mac. There can be many reasons why iMessage is not working properly. Here this post will cover number of troubleshooting tips to fix iMessage not working on Mac, iPhone and iPad problem.
- Tip 1. Check the Apple’s iMessage Server
- Tip 2. Check Your Network Connection
- Tip 3. Reset iPhone/iPad Network Settings
- Tip 4. Make Sure to Set Up iMessage Correctly
- Tip 5. Turn Off iMessage & Turn On Again
- Tip 6. Sign Out of iMessage & Sign Back In
- Tip 7. Check for iOS Updates Regularly
Tip 1. Check the Apple’s iMessage Server
First of all, you can check if the iMessage service is currently down on the Apple System Status page. Although this rarely happens, the possibility does exist. Actually Apple’s iMessage service has suffered from occasional outages in the past. If an outage is going on, no one can use the iMessage feature. All you have to do is wait until it’s over.
Tip 2. Check Your Network Connections
iMessage needs a data connection to the network. If you don’t have internet connection or your net connection is poor then iMessage will not work. You can open up Safari on your device and try navigating to any website. If the website doesn’t load or Safari says you’re not connected to the internet, your iMessage won’t working either.
Tip 3. Reset iPhone/iPad Network Settings
Sometimes issues with network settings can also cause iMessage not working properly on your iPhone or iPad. And often times restoring your device network settings back to factory defaults can help to fix this issue. To reset your iPhone/iPad network settings, head to Settings > General > Reset > and choose “Reset Network Settings”.
Tip 4. Make Sure to Set Up iMessage Correctly
If you haven’t set up iMessage properly, you may also have issues while using it. So please check that your device is set up correctly to send and receive iMessages. On your iPhone/iPad, head to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and then see if your phone number or Apple ID is registered. Also ensure that your have enabled iMessage for use.
Tip 5. Turn Off iMessages & Turn On Again
If iMessage isn’t working, turning it off and on will help to fix the problem. On your iPhone or iPad, head to Settings > Messages and turn “iMessage” off if it’s switched ON already. Wait for almost 10 seconds to ensure that the service gets deactivated. Then head back to Settings > Messages and turn “iMessage” on.
Tip 6. Sign Out of iMessage & Sign Back In
Sometimes iMessage stopped working due to sign in problems. You can try to sign out of Apple ID and then sign back in to fix the iMessage not working error. On your iPhone or iPad, head to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Click on your Apple ID and tap on “Sigh Out”, then quit Settings app. Wait for some time and then sign in to your Apple ID again.
Tip 7. Check for iOS Updates Regularly
Apple keeps pushing iOS updates for various applications such as iMessages, Camera etc. Updating to the newest iOS version (iOS 12 for now) will fix the iMessage not working problem. To update your iOS in iPhone or iPad, head to Settings > General > Software Update and check to see if there is available iOS updates.
How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone or iPad
The above mentioned tips help to fix iMessage not working problem. What if you accidentally deleted iMessages on your iPhone/iPad and want to retrieve them back? Don’t be panic. Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery can help you recover deleted iMessages from iPhone or iPad even if you didn’t make any backup in advance. With it, you can easily retrieve deleted SMS/iMessages, WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, contacts, call history, photos, videos, notes, reminders, Safari bookmarks, voice memos and more from iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/SE/iPad Pro etc (iOS 12 supported).
You May Also Like:
- Your Complete Mobile Solution
- Full solution to meet various demands on iPhone/Android devices, such as recovery, transfer, backup, unlock, repair, etc.
- 5 Easy Ways to Download Tumblr Videos and GIFs on iPhone/iPad
- How to Direct Message on Instagram from Computer (PC & Mac)
- How to Get Zedge Ringtones on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X
- How to Download & Save Facebook Videos to iPhone/iPad
- Instagram Message Recovery: Recover Deleted Instagram DM on iPhone/Android
- How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages/Chat History on Android
- Samsung Recovery: Recover Lost Data from Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 9
- iPhone Contacts Disappeared? How to Restore Contacts on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- Instagram Video Downloader: Save Instagram Videos to PC/Mac
- Top 7 Best Free YouTube Video Downloader 2019