HEIC to JPG|How to Convert iOS 11 Photos from HEIC to JPG
What is HEIC/HEIF? Difference between HEIF and JPEG
Along with the release of iOS 11, Apple is starting to roll out a new image file format – HEIC. It is a file extension of HEIF (High Efficiency Image Format), a lossy compressed media container format developed by MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group). HEIF is based on the HEVC (High Efficiency Video Compression) or H.265 video format already used on newer iPhones. Its main advantage is that photos saved in HEIF are roughly half the size of JPEGs, and of better quality. Besides, a JPEG is a single image, but a HEIF may contain a single image or a collection of images, which makes HEIF perfect for Apple’s Live Photos.
How to Convert HEIC/HEIF Files to JPG?
Apple’s new HEIC image format is really awesome: high quality but occupy less storage. While it’s great improvement for iPhone users with limited storage, it could be troublesome to Windows users. At the moment, there are issues with opening HEIC files on Windows. How to fix it up? Don’t worry, here we’ll explain how to convert HEIC to JPG/JPEG for viewing on Windows PCs, Android phones, or old iOS devices.
Part 1. Using Desktop HEIC Converter
If you’re facing issues with HEIC format, a HEIC converter will help. Fucosoft HEIC to JPG Converter is an easy-to-use yet powerful software that allows you to convert Apple’s new iOS 11 photos from HEIC to JPG without losing image quality. It supports the complete iPhone range, including iPhone X, 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6s/6s Plus etc. running on iOS 11.
- Download and install HEIC Converter on your Windows PC. Then connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Choose “Convert Single Photo” or “Convert Photos in Batch” from the home interface, then click “Start”.
- Click the “+” button and select the HEIC photos from your computer or connected iDevice, or directly drop HEIC file there.
- Adjuect the photo quality if needed and click “Convert”, the software will start to convert your iOS 11 photos from HEIC to JPG/JPEG.
Part 2. Using HEIC to JPG Converter Online
If you prefer not to install a software but need to perform a HEIC to JPG conversion, you can consider free online tools for help. There are many HEIC to JPG Converter online tools available, such as, Heictojpg.com, Apowersoft, Aconvert, Cloudconvert, Freetoolonline, etc. Here we take Heictojpg.com as example to show you how to convert HEIC to JPG online.
- Open your favorite web browser and go to Heictojpg.com.
- Cick the “+” button to import the HEIC files that you need to convert.
- The HEIC to JPG Converter online tool will then start to convert.
- After converting, download the JPG pictures from the website to your PC.
Part 3. More Tips to Convert HEIC to JPG
If you don’t want to use third-party HEIC to JPG Converter tool, you can follow the tips given below to convert HEIC to JPG without any trouble.
Option 1. Turn On Automatic Transfer
iOS 11 will save photos as HEIC formats as default, but you can turn on the Automatic Transfer of your photos. Your iPhone will automatically convert HEIC to JPG when transferring to computer. Simply go to Settings > Photos and select “Automatic” under Transfer to Mac or PC.
Option 2. Set iPhone to Take JPEG Photos
You can easily take HEIF or JPEG photos as you wish with iDevice. If you don’t want to save HEIC photos, you can manually turn off the High Efficiency photo format on your iPhone or iPad. Simply go to Settings > Camera > Formats and select the “Most Compatible” option.
Option 3. Access HEIC Photos via Cloud Service
If you don’t want to convert HEIC files, you can upload them to a cloud storage service, such as Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc. Your HEIC photos will be converted to JPEG automatically. Then you can view the photos using your cloud service account in Windows.
Now you know different ways to convert HEIC to JPG, then you can easily access your HEIC photos anywhere. If you accidentally deleted HEIC or JPG photos on your iPhone/iPad, don’t panic, you can use Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery to easily retrieve them backup. It is a reliable tool to recover deleted photos and videos from iPhone or iPad.
YouTube Video Demo on How to Convert iOS 11 Photos from HEIC to JPG:
You May Also Like:
- How to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- [Fixed] Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- iMessage on PC|How to Get/Use iMessage on Windows PC
- iMessage Not Working on Mac, iPhone or iPad? Here’s the Fix
- 2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
- How to Recover & Save Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8/7 Plus
- How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone X/8/7/6s Plus
- HEIC to JPG|How to Convert iOS 11 Photos from HEIC to JPG
- How to Find & Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone/iPad