Find My iPhone is an app and service provided by Apple that allows your keep track of all your iOS devices and Mac computers. It is a great feature to have if your iPhone is lost, stolen or misplaced. If you want to upgrade, restore from an iTunes backup, sent iPhone to Apple repair, or even sell the device, however you’ll need to disable Find My iPhone. Not sure how? In this article, we’ll show your how to turn off Find My iPhone on an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6s/6s Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini etc running on iOS 12/11.
- Part 1. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone on iPhone/iPad
- Part 2. How to Remotely Turn Off Find My iPhone Using iCloud
- Part 3. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone without Password
Part 1. How Turn Off Find My iPhone on iPhone/iPad
If you still have access to your iPhone or iPad, you can remove your device from Find My iPhone by turning it off directly on the device.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone/iPad, tap on your name and click “iCloud”.
- Scroll down and you will see “Find My iPhone”, then just toggle it off.
- Enter your Apple ID password in the pop-up window and then tap “Turn Off”.
That’s all you need to do to deactivate Find My iPhone. Your iPhone or iPad will no longer be found via Find My iPhone. You can follow the save steps to turn it back on.
People also read: How to Recover Lost Contacts, Photos after iOS 12 Update
Part 2. How to Remotely Turn Off Find My iPhone Using iCloud
If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on your device, you can power off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com
- Power off your iDevice to ensure it is not online or connected to the Internet.
- Go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on “Find iPhone” then “All Devices”, choose the device you wish to turn off.
- Click the Delete (X) button to remove the device from Find My iPhone.
If you no longer have the iPhone or iPad because your device is stolen or you sold it, you’d better erase your content and settings (Find iPhone > All Devices > choose your device > Erase iPhone) before removing it from Find My iPhone.
Part 3. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone without Password
Well, Apple ID password is required in the above two methods. What if you forgot or lost the password? Don’t worry. It is still possible to disable Find My iPhone without password. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to your iCloud account and open Settings.
- Remove the existing password and enter any code, then click “OK”.
- iCloud will inform you that either your user name or password is incoreect. Just tap “OK” and then click “Cancel”.
- When the iCloud page appears, tap on “Account” and delete description, then click “OK”.
- It will now return back to the iCloud main page and “Find My iPhone” would have been disabled.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover deleted or lost data from iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- 5 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages 
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer 
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- Snapchat Recovery: Recover Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- Top 5 Best Offline Music Apps for iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X
- How to Fix Android USB Not Detected but Charging Problem
- How to Download Zedge Ringtones to iPhone
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software for PC
- How to Download & Save Videos from Tumblr to iPhone