2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
“Just bought my wife an iPhone X, but she needs iMessages transferred over from old iPhone 7. Is this possible? How can I transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone? Please help!”
When you switching to a new iPhone X or iPhone 8, you definitely don’t want to leave behind your old photos, notes, contacts, and of course the text messages or iMessages which can be important for work. So here in this article we’d like to introduce 2 options to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone. This works for all iPhone models including iPhone X, 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6s/6s Plus, SE, iPad Pro etc. Just choose one depending on your situation.
Option 1. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes/iCloud
The easiest way of transferring text messages to new iPhone is through Apple’s official service. You can back up the old iPhone data via iTunes or iCloud, and then restore your new iPhone from the backup. For detailed steps, please check how to Transfer content from your precious iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. However, please bear in mind that not only messages, many other data and device settings that you don’t want any more are transferred at the same time. Additionally, the iTunes/iCloud restoring removes any existed data on your new iPhone. So this method is best to use when you’re setting up a new iPhone.
Option 2. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone using Third-Party Tool
If you want to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone without using iTunes or iCloud, then you can try third-party tool. Here we recommend Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore, which can help to transfer texts/iMessages from one iPhone to another without erasing existed data on the target device. Not only messages, you can use it to move other data files like contacts, photos, videos, music and more.
Here’s how to transfer texts or iMessages to a new iPhone:
- Install Fucosoft iPhone Message Transfer on your Windows PC or Mac. Click on the “Data Backup & Restore” option from the home screen.
- Connect your old iPhone to the computer and select “Messages & Attachments”, then click “Backup” to make a backup of your old messages.
- Now connect your new iPhone to the computer and click “To view the previous backup file>>”. Then select the backup file you wish to restore and click on “View”.
- Simply select the messages you wish to move and click on “Restore to Device” to transfer texts/iMessages to your new iPhone X/8/8 Plus.
Congratulations, you should now have no problem with transferring texts and iMessages to your new iPhone X/8/8 Plus. Don’t forget to share it to your families or friends if it’s helpful. Yet, if you accidentally deleted text messages on your iPhone and want to retrieve them back, you may turn to how to recover deleted texts/iMessages on iPhone.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop on iOS 12/11
- 4 Ways to Fix an iPad or iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
- How to Fix iPhone/iPad Keyboard Not Working Problem
- WAV to MP3: 5 Easy Ways to Convert WAV to MP3
- Twitter Video Downloader: Download Twitter Videos & GIF
- Top 5 Best 4K Video Downloader for YouTube
- 5 Best Free Online YouTube Video Downloader 2018
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It
- How to Find URL Link of Video in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram