2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
“Just bought my wife an iPhone XS, but she needs iMessages transferred over from old iPhone 7. Is this possible? How can I transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone? Please help!”
When you switching to a new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR, you definitely don’t want to leave behind your old photos, notes, contacts, and of course the text messages or iMessages which can be important for work. So here in this article we’d like to introduce 2 options to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone. This works for all iPhone models including iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6s/6s Plus, SE, iPad Pro etc. Just choose one depending on your situation.
People also read: How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
Option 1. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes/iCloud
The easiest way of transferring text messages to new iPhone is through Apple’s official service. You can back up the old iPhone data via iTunes or iCloud, and then restore your new iPhone from the backup. For detailed steps, please check how to Transfer content from your precious iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. However, please bear in mind that not only messages, many other data and device settings that you don’t want any more are transferred at the same time. Additionally, the iTunes/iCloud restoring removes any existed data on your new iPhone. So this method is best to use when you’re setting up a new iPhone.
Option 2. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone using Third-Party Tool
If you want to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone without using iTunes or iCloud, then you can try third-party tool. Here we recommend Fucosoft iOS Data Backup & Restore, which can help to transfer texts/iMessages from one iPhone to another without erasing existed data on the target device. Not only messages, you can use it to move other data files like contacts, photos, videos, music and more. It works well on the latest iOS 12 and all popular iPhone models, including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro, etc.
Here’s how to transfer texts or iMessages to a new iPhone:
- Install Fucosoft iPhone Message Transfer on your Windows PC or Mac. Click on the “Data Backup & Restore” option from the home screen.
- Connect your old iPhone to the computer and select “Messages & Attachments”, then click “Backup” to make a backup of your old messages.
- Now connect your new iPhone to the computer and click “To view the previous backup file>>”. Then select the backup file you wish to restore and click on “View”.
- Simply select the messages you wish to move and click on “Restore to Device” to transfer texts/iMessages to your new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR.
Congratulations, you should now have no problem with transferring texts and iMessages to your new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR. Don’t forget to share it to your families or friends if it’s helpful. Yet, if you accidentally deleted text messages on your iPhone and want to retrieve them back, you may turn to the “iPhone Data Recovery” feature of this program to recover deleted text Messages from iPhone even without backup.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Best software to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Unlock?
- iMessage Doesn’t Say Delivered? How to Fix It
- How to Fix iPhone/iPad Keyboard Not Working Problem
- How to Backup and Restore LINE Chat History on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- 4 Ways to Fix an iPad or iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- How to Backup & Restore Viber Messages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop on iOS 12/11
- How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iPhone/Android
- iPhone Contacts Missing Names? Here’s the Fix