“Just bought my wife an iPhone XS, but she needs iMessages transferred over from old iPhone 7. Is this possible? How can I transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone? Please help!”
When you switching to a new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR, you definitely don’t want to leave behind your old photos, notes, contacts, and of course the text messages or iMessages which can be important for work. So here in this article we’d like to introduce 2 options to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone. This works for all iPhone models including iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6s/6s Plus, SE, iPad Pro etc. Just choose one depending on your situation.
People also read: How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s
Option 1. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes/iCloud
The easiest way of transferring text messages to new iPhone is through Apple’s official service. You can back up the old iPhone data via iTunes or iCloud, and then restore your new iPhone from the backup. For detailed steps, please check how to Transfer content from your precious iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. However, please bear in mind that not only messages, many other data and device settings that you don’t want any more are transferred at the same time. Additionally, the iTunes/iCloud restoring removes any existed data on your new iPhone. So this method is best to use when you’re setting up a new iPhone.
Option 2. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone using Third-Party Tool
If you want to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone without using iTunes or iCloud, then you can try third-party tool. Here we recommend Fucosoft Phone Transfer, which can help to transfer texts/iMessages from one iPhone to another without erasing existed data on the target device. Not only messages, you can use it to move other data files like contacts, photos, videos, music and more. It works well on the latest iOS 12 and all popular iPhone models, including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro, etc.
Here’s how to transfer texts or iMessages to a new iPhone:
- Install Fucosoft iPhone Message Transfer on your Windows PC or Mac. Click on the “Phone to Phone Transfer” option from the home screen.
- Connect your old iPhone as the source device and new iPhone as destination. You can click “Flip” to exchange their position.
- Choose “Text messages” you would like to transfer and click on “Start Transfer” to transfer texts/iMessages to your new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR.
Congratulations, you should now have no problem with transferring texts and iMessages to your new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR. Don’t forget to share it to your families or friends if it’s helpful. Yet, if you accidentally deleted text messages on your iPhone and want to retrieve them back, you may turn to Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted text Messages from iPhone even without backup.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover deleted or lost data from iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- 5 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages 
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer 
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- Snapchat Recovery: Recover Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- Top 5 Best Offline Music Apps for iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X
- How to Fix Android USB Not Detected but Charging Problem
- How to Download Zedge Ringtones to iPhone
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software for PC
- How to Download & Save Videos from Tumblr to iPhone