We all know that video content now is the mainstream in today’s digital landscape. And two of the most popular platforms are YouTube and Instagram. Sometimes, you may come across amazing videos on YouTube and want to share the YouTube video to Instagram post, to entertain your IG followers or drive more traffic to your Instagram account.
However, unlike Facebook and many other social networking sites, Instagram doesn’t allow you to add and share a YouTube video link to an Instagram post. Don’t worry. Though there is no straightforward way to post YouTube videos on Instagram, it doesn’t mean it is impossible. You still have approaches to accomplish this task. In this article, we’re going to walk you through the 3 basic steps on how to share a YouTube video on Instagram.
Step 1: Download YouTube Videos to Your Computer
So how to download YouTube videos to your computer for sharing on Instagram? Here we recommend you try Fucosoft Video Converter. It is all-in-one video tool that available for both Mac and Windows and comes with intuitive user interface. More than converting videos to various formats, it allows you to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and other 1,000+ video streaming sites easily and quickly. You can enjoy fast download speed and high quality output. Plus, you can download multiple YouTube videos, playlists or channels in one time.
Here’s how to download YouTube videos using Fucosoft Video Converter:
- Download and install Fucosoft YouTube Video Downloader on your computer.
- Launch the program, then click the “Download” tab found in the top menu.
- Next, find and copy the YouTube video’s URL that you want to download from your browser.
- Go back to the downloader and click the “+ Paste URL” button in the upper-left corner.
- Now choose your preferred format and resolution from the pop-up windows, then click “Download” to start the downloading process.
- You’ll be notified when the download is complete, and you can go to the “Finished” tab to see the YouTube video you just downloaded.
Step 2: Convert & Edit YouTube Video to Meet Instagram’s Requirements
You have successfully saved the YouTube video to your computer, then you need to convert & edit the YouTube video to meet Instagram’s requirement. Before converting and editing, let’s first learn the specific requirements for Instagram, including video length, format, size, resolution, frame rate, etc.
- Video Length: 3 seconds to 60 seconds
- Video Format: MP4 and MOV (with H.264 Codec & AAC audio)
- Video Size: Recommended to keep it below 50MB
- Video Resolution: Maximum 1920 x 1080 (9:16 aspect ratio)
- Video Bitrate: 3500kpbs
- Video Frame Rate: 30fbs or below
- Video Dimensions: Maximum 1080 pixels
Now let’s begin converting and editing YouTube video to meet Instagram’s requirements. To achieve this, Fucosoft Video Converter has go you covered as well. This all-in-one video tool can help you convert YouTube video to Instagram compatible format, and edit YouTube video with cropping, trimming, rotating, etc. To meet the above Instagram story requirements. Follow the steps below:
- Launch Fucosoft YouTube to Instagram Converter on your computer, click on the “+ Add Files” button to browse and import the YouTube video you’ve downloaded to your computer. Also, you can directly drag and drop the video to the program.
- Now click the drop-down icon in the top-right corner of the screen, then click the Video tab and select the output video format from the list, here you should choose MP4 or MOV. At the same time, you need choose the right video resolution, bitrate etc. for posting video to Instagram story.
- To edit the YouTube video to meet Instagram requirements, you can click the editing icons beneath the video thumbnail. From here, you can trim & crop video, apply special effects, add watermark, add subtitle, etc.
- Finally, you can click on the “Convert” button to convert the YouTube video to MP4 or MOV format. After the video conversion finishes, you can tap the folder icon to open the output folder and view the converted YouTube video.
Step 3: Transfer & Post the YouTube Video to Your Instagram Account
Upon completion of converting and editing the downloaded YouTube, it’s time to transfer it to your mobile phone for onward posting on Instagram. Here’s how to transfer the downloaded YouTube video to your iPhone/iPad or Android device:
- Open Fucosoft Video Converter and click the “Transfer” tab in the top menu, then connect your iPhone, iPad or Android phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Go to the “Download” section and choose the downloaded YouTube video under “Finished” tab, then click “Add to Transfer”.
- Now click “Transfer” or “Transfer All” button to transfer the downloaded YouTube video(s) to your mobile phone.
- You’ll be notified when the transfer is complete, and the transferred video will be saved to the Video app of your iOS or Android device.
Post YouTube Video to Instagram
Having downloaded, converted, edited and transferred the YouTube video to your iPhone or Android phone, it is time to share it with your followers on Instagram. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Instagram App and tap on the “+” icon on the bottom of the screen.
- For iPhone users, tap “Library” or “Gallery” for Android users. You’ll find these icons on the bottom left of the screen.
- Find and select the video file (typically you’ll find it under Camera Roll or Gallery), click on “next” to post to your Instagram account.
- Once you’ve uploaded the YouTube video, you can add a description, filter, caption, tags and your location, which will help you get more views.
Posting YouTube videos on Instagram is one way to give your Instagram account an extra edge. The 3 basic steps outlined above can get it done easily and avoid unnecessary hassles. Follow these basic steps to post YouTube video on Instagram, and you’ll end up with precisely the satisfactory result you desire. If you find this post helpful, please don’t hesitate to share it on Facebook or Twitter. Or you can leave a comment below if you know any other methods to post YouTube videos on Instagram.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7