Resetting an iPhone may become necessary when the device is not working as expected and you want to refresh the device to fix the errors. Or you may want to erase all your personal data and settings from the iPhone before you sell it or give it to someone else. Resetting an iPhone or iPad is a relatively simple process, however, it can be complicated when you don’t know the passcode. To do a reset, you will have to enter the correct password associated with the device.
Is it possible to reset a locked iPhone or iPad without passcode? The answer is yes. In this article, we will introduce 4 proven ways to factory reset locked iPhone or iPad without passcode. Go through the unlock solutions and choose the one that best suits for your situation.
Way 1: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad without Password using iPhone Unlocker
The easiest and most reliable way to reset a locked iPhone or iPad without password is using Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker. It is designed for this specific purpose and it is very easy to use, allowing you to reset the locked iPhone or iPad in just a few minutes. Some of the features that make Fucosoft iPhone Unlocker the most ideal solution include the following:
- It can easily unlock and reset a locked iPhone or iPad without using iTunes or iCloud when forgot the passcode.
- It supports all types of screen locks including 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID or Face ID on iPhone or iPad.
- It is also helpful when you enter the wrong passcode multiple times and the device gets disabled or the screen is broken thus you can’t enter the passcode.
- It allows you to remove Apple ID and delete iCloud account even if Find My iPhone is enabled on the device.
- It is compatible with all iPhone models and all iOS versions, including the newest iPhone 11/11 Pro and iOS 13.
Here’s how to reset a locked iPhone or iPad without using iTunes/iCloud:
Step 1: Download and install Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker to your computer and then launch the program. In the main interface, choose “Unlock Screen Passcode” to continue.
Step 2: Click “Start” and then connect the locked iPhone or iPad to the computer using USB cable. Once the program detects the device, click on “Next” to continue.
Step 3: The program will prompt you to download the latest firmware for the device. Click “Download” to begin downloading the firmware. Once the firmware has been downloaded, click on “Start to Extract”.
Step 4: Now click on “Start Unlock” and the program will begin unlocking the device and resetting it as well. Keep the device connected to the computer until the program notifies you that the process is complete.
Way 2: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad without Password using iTunes
If you have synced your iPhone or iPad with iTunes before getting locked out, you can easily reset the locked device using iTunes. Here’s how do that:
- Open iTunes on your computer and ensure that you are running the latest version. You can do that by clicking on “Help > Check for Updates”. If an update is available, iTunes will automatically download and install it.
- Now connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer. Click on “Restore iPhone” in the “Summary” tab and your will be asked to back up your data. You can skip the backup if you already have one or you want to sell the device and don’t need the data on it.
- Now In the dialogue box that pops up, click on “Restore” to begin the process. You can then set up the device as new and change the passcode to something you will remember easily.
Way 3: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad without Password using iCloud
If Find My iPhone is enabled on your locked iPhone or iPad, you can also use iCloud to easily reset the device without passcode. Follow the steps below:
- Go to iCloud.com on any browser and then log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on “Find my iPhone” and then select “All Devices”.
- Select the locked iPhone or iPad you want to reset and then click on “Erase iPhone”.
Way 4: Reset Locked iPhone/iPad without Password using Recovery Mode
Resetting the locked iPhone or iPad via Recovery Mode is another option when you haven’t synced the device to iTunes or had Find My iPhone enabled.
Step 1: Open iTunes and connect the locked iPhone or iPad to the computer using a USB lightning cable.
Step 2: Now, put the device into Recovery mode using one of the following process depending on the device model.
- For iPhone 8 and later – press the Volume Up button and quickly release it, then press the Volume Down button and also quickly release it. Then keep holding the Side button until the recovery mode screen shows up.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus – turn off the device and while connecting it to the computer, hold the Volume Down button and Power button together until you see the recovery mode logo.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier – turn off the device and connect it to the computer while holding the Home button and Power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
Step 3: When iTunes detects the device in recovery mode, click “Restore” to reset the device without passcode.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover iPhone/iPad Data after A Reset
Resetting your iPhone or iPad will cause data loss no matter the method you use. If this happens, you need a data recovery tool that can easily recover the lost data from the device. Here we recommend Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery, a powerful solution that can recover even the data you’ve lost on the device that wasn’t included in the backup. Some of the program’s most notable features include the following:
- It can recover numerous types of data from iOS device including photos, videos, messages, contacts, call history, notes, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Kik, voicemails, voice memos, Safari bookmarks, and much more.
- Apart from retrieving data from iPhone/iPad directly, it can also extract and recover data from an iTunes or iCloud backup file without having to restore the entire backup to your device.
- It is helpful in various data loss scenarios, including accidental deletion, factory reset, jailbreaking, iOS update, iPhone locked or disabled, device lost or damaged, etc.
- You’re allowed to preview all recoverable files before recovery and selectively recover what you need only. The recovery process is 100% secure, all existing data on your device won’t be affected.
Here’s how to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad after a factory reset:
Step 1: Download and install Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery on to your computer. Once it is installed, open the program and in the main window, select “Recover from iOS Device”. Then click “Start” to begin.
Step 2: Now connect your iPhone or iPad to the PC or Mac with USB cable and wait for the software to recognize the device. Click “Next” to continue.
Step 3: All the types of data you can recover on the device will be displayed on the next window. Select the type of data you would like to recover and then click “Scan”.
Step 4: The program will begin scanning the device for the selected type of data. When the scan is complete, you can preview all files in details. Then, select the specific files you want to recover and then click “Recover” at the bottom of the screen.
Once the process is complete, you should be able to see all the recovered data on the selected folder on your computer. If you have an iTunes or iCloud backup, you can also use this tool to access the backup file and export the data you need.
You May Also Like:
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s